Post 'em here. All those disappointing meals you thought were healthy but are really high calorie

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    jayemes wrote: »
    Creamy cesar dressing. 1 billion calories per salad.
    And burgers. Just plain old beef burgers on a roll blow the doors of my whole calorie day.
    Forget loading it up with cheese and bacon. That just isn't happening anymore.

Oh, and hard cider? Yeah, nope. Not anymore. 200 calories a pop. I had 6 over labor day weekend while we were *possibly* day drinking in upstate NY. I'm eating grilled chicken all week to make up for those bad boys.

Cider makes me the most sad. It's light! I was hoping it'd be closer to light beer. :(

Then I'll go ahead and tell you now NOT to drink fruit ciders (eg pineapple).
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    jayemes wrote: »
    Creamy cesar dressing. 1 billion calories per salad.
    And burgers. Just plain old beef burgers on a roll blow the doors of my whole calorie day.
    Forget loading it up with cheese and bacon. That just isn't happening anymore.

Oh, and hard cider? Yeah, nope. Not anymore. 200 calories a pop. I had 6 over labor day weekend while we were *possibly* day drinking in upstate NY. I'm eating grilled chicken all week to make up for those bad boys.

Cider makes me the most sad. It's light! I was hoping it'd be closer to light beer. :(

Cider actually works for me as a "diet" drink because I drink it pretty slow, certainly slower than wine or cocktails, but I definitely hadn't expected it to be quite so high in calories. All that sugar, I suppose.
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    I had this broccoli type salad once, it was broccoli, lemon, grilled chicken, quinoa, garlic and a balsamic dressing. It was 800+ calories.

So I go, thats silly, I can make it the same at home for less calories. And I could have if I reduced the portion size (its actually a decent meal but back then I was on very little calories) and it turned out to be like 750 lmao. Delish and worth it now though.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Not a big drinker but I have found that the spiked seltzers are good, and pretty reasonable calories (110 per 12 ounce for the one I drink).
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    granola
    Boston Pizza salads
    Anything at Red Robin's
    Nuts
    Cheese
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    I couldn't believe that eating a handful of cashews could pack such a wallop! The actual MFP serving size is like 11 or 12 cashews...
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Vegetable goyza on a bed of white rice.

WAY too many carbs for me...yes, eating low-carb is a medical necessity for me.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Those huge soft pretzels! At the AMC near me they have the calories up & they are around 1100 :-/ I would have previously eaten the entire thing by myself!
    ... And cereal!!!!!
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    half and half in my coffee is my downfall-I love coffee with cream.... I did switch to low fat half and half
    (nope- not ready for the fat free version- ewwwww)
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Just about everything ever from a restaurant. Like cool greens and Zoe's kitchen