What irks you?

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Grocery store catalogues .. they make me hungry for junk I don't need.
  • juliedesabrais
    juliedesabrais Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My one friend at work that whenever I bring something yummy and healthy to work she just takes a spoon and helps herself! Does it to everyone! Doesn’t even bring a lunch of her own. God it’s annoying. And gonna happen tomorrow -.-
  • juliedesabrais
    juliedesabrais Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My one friend at work that whenever I bring something yummy and healthy to work she just takes a spoon and helps herself! Does it to everyone! Doesn’t even bring a lunch of her own. God it’s annoying. And gonna happen tomorrow -.-

Sorry for my honesty but I find it strange! Aside from the fact that I would feel indebted to people, I would be grossed out by all the double dipping and sharing.

You’re right! It is strange and I never end up eating my lunch after she eats it. It grosses me out. I’m really shy so never say much of anything other than I was hungry.. lol
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    When songs like Firework actually cheer me up ... :confused:
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Superbowl fans, screaming! :s
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    Bruised/broken rib(s) :#

What happened ?

I got my *kitten* kicked in jiu-jitsu practice on Saturday lol.

I lost in the stand up part of of a sparring match and ended up with somebody on my back. As I was trying to escape he got me in a body triangle, and trying to get out of that I felt and heard a very uncomfortable pop and shooting pain.

Will get checked out by doc this week, but idk there's really nothing to be done afaik except time and nsaids.

It could be worse...I can get around, but a little hug from my 8 yo kills me :'( coughing hurts like hell, as does laying down or standing up from laying down...so I am pretty sure my initial hope that this was a simple ab/muscle spasm did not turn out to be true.

I'll have to put a few things on hold, but it'll be fine. I'll go back to walking 25,000-30,000 steps a day and focus on nutrition for some weeks I guess...so bummed though. No bjj tournament coming up...idk if better by skiing trip we have planned.

That might turn into a hiking/photography trip for my part :)

Aww Im sorry you got hurt.. I hope you heal quickly :kiss:
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

What happened ?

I lost in the stand up part of of a sparring match and ended up with somebody on my back. As I was trying to escape he got me in a body triangle, and trying to get out of that I felt and heard a very uncomfortable pop and shooting pain.

Will get checked out by doc this week, but idk there's really nothing to be done afaik except time and nsaids.

It could be worse...I can get around, but a little hug from my 8 yo kills me :'( coughing hurts like hell, as does laying down or standing up from laying down...so I am pretty sure my initial hope that this was a simple ab/muscle spasm did not turn out to be true.

I'll have to put a few things on hold, but it'll be fine. I'll go back to walking 25,000-30,000 steps a day and focus on nutrition for some weeks I guess...so bummed though. No bjj tournament coming up...idk if better by skiing trip we have planned.

Thank you :*

*kitten* happens...I know its happened to plenty of other guys wrestling in pajamas :D Nobody was doing anything wrong except me...should have just let him choke me and start over lol.

At least it happened this year instead of last year...just gotta transition energy to something else quick and not use as excuse to drink a bunch of booze and sit around putting on a bunch of weight.

Whatever you put your energy into be careful.. back problems are nothing to play with..
    Im on my way to give you a massage :tongue:
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

What happened ?

Thank you :*

*kitten* happens...I know its happened to plenty of other guys wrestling in pajamas :D Nobody was doing anything wrong except me...should have just let him choke me and start over lol.

At least it happened this year instead of last year...just gotta transition energy to something else quick and not use as excuse to drink a bunch of booze and sit around putting on a bunch of weight.

Whatever you put your energy into be careful.. back problems are nothing to play with..
    Im on my way to give you a massage :tongue:

Oh I know dear...Ive done back pain. This is actually in the front on my ribs. All things considered, so much better than the sciatica stuff...3-6 weeks so much better than 6 months or forever. Ribs heal.

Idk what lifting I can do...I'm out walking now, and will just stick with that for a bit and then feel it out.

I did say I wanted to do more painting this year lol. Maybe God is a comedian. Oh yeah buddy? More painting eh? Great idea Michael! Hmm let's reach into my bag of divine fixes. Here you go mate! Have a broken rib! :D

Now you have a little more free time.

more painting sounds great and nothing wrong with some good long walks.. its when I do my best thinking lol
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    All the super bowl talk is irking me this morning.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Snow and then more snow. Did I mention snow? :angry:
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It irks me that the Superbowl is still on a Sunday. Why don't they move it. Yes, I understand that NFL is usually a Sunday thing, but they can change that. It makes no sense. Wouldn't the NFL make more money if the SB was Saturday night? They'd have more viewers because people could stay up later. Less people would call in sick or take off work on Monday which would save the economy money. People would be less sleep deprived on Monday morning.

This is something that bugs me every year! It should be Superbowl Saturday! (thanks for letting me get that off my chest)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    It irks me that the Superbowl is still on a Sunday. Why don't they move it. Yes, I understand that NFL is usually a Sunday thing, but they can change that. It makes no sense. Wouldn't the NFL make more money if the SB was Saturday night? They'd have more viewers because people could stay up later. Less people would call in sick or take off work on Monday which would save the economy money. People would be less sleep deprived on Monday morning.

This is something that bugs me every year! It should be Superbowl Saturday! (thanks for letting me get that off my chest)

Yes, this would be nice. Also why are college championships on a Monday?
  • alviaud
    alviaud Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It irks me no end when people tell me I ought to exercise. I'm allergic. :s