Online Dating.

Options

Replies

• 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Yall remember that Angela girl that puked on the guy? I don't know why this thread made me think of her, but I want all of you all to remember her too now.

Every time someone brings her up she reappears. Like a god damn puking genie out of the lamp.

I missed that poster ...where is she
  • Venus_88
    Venus_88 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm a normal person to date ... Trust me I've been told so ;)
  • MysteriousLeigh
    MysteriousLeigh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well, on the plus side, that means you're super hot.
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in a yahoo chat room in the 90's...true story.

If I had to date again, I would date someone from the gym. Think about it, the guy has seen you with no makeup, sweaty, making weird faces...and still thinks you are cute.

If things go poorly, I would just tell everyone he was bad in bed, so he'd have to change gyms. I'm not mature.

I met your husband on Yahoo too...

Wait...you promised me i was the only one :'(
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    sdolan91 wrote: »
    has anyone had any dates from dating websites that were just horrible?
    I'm at a loss at where to find a normal person to date.
    all the dates i've been on were super awkward or it was obvious they were interested in one thing. :expressionless:

My dating days were behind me by the time dating websites really rolled around...but I had bad and awkward dates pre-internet. It's probably just more evident now because with on-line dating you have the ability to date in volume...in my dating days you had to go somewhere and meet someone or get set up by a friend, etc...still, more bad/awkward dates than not...just not the volume.

Given the capacity for volume with on-line dating it is likely to have more bad/awkward dates than not...but to find a good one sooner rather than later...
  • samataz
    samataz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    all the dates i've been on were super awkward or it was obvious they were interested in one thing. :expressionless:

My dating days were behind me by the time dating websites really rolled around...but I had bad and awkward dates pre-internet. It's probably just more evident now because with on-line dating you have the ability to date in volume...in my dating days you had to go somewhere and meet someone or get set up by a friend, etc...still, more bad/awkward dates than not...just not the volume.

Given the capacity for volume with on-line dating it is likely to have more bad/awkward dates than not...but to find a good one sooner rather than later...

Lol well it's not as much volume as you think since they can pre judge you from pictures and texting equals talking now....So if those are considered dates now a days yup thats th he volume, but it's all the fake profiles and then they can't speak English or you say hi and then your sent a body part ha ha yeah are those counted as dates too?? I get confused LOL.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I'm just here to observe and see if I even want to go this route.
  • Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I am just here for the comments lol
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's considered bad but I was meeting a date out and I saw she looked nothing like her picture so I drove away. It may sound mean but if the person doesn't remotely resemble their picture then technically I didn't agree to a date with them, I agreeded to a date with the picture.
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    fjmartini wrote: »
    I don't know if it's considered bad but I was meeting a date out and I saw she looked nothing like her picture so I drove away. It may sound mean but if the person doesn't remotely resemble their picture then technically I didn't agree to a date with them, I agreeded to a date with the picture.

This' exactly why, you Skype; with them 1st!
  • fjmartini
    Options
    I'm about to turn 39. This was nearly 20 years ago. No Skype.
  • CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    fjmartini wrote: »
    I'm about to turn 39. This was nearly 20 years ago. No Skype.

Ah okay!
  • fjmartini
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I've never had a bad date. If I spending my time out with a person it'll likely be somewhat fun if she's willing. If not, I'm just honest and say it's not going well and I'm ending the night early.
  • JadeQuetzal
    JadeQuetzal Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online, but not a dating site. We met in a chat on a site for learning Japanese. We've been married for 12 years now, so I can't really say I have bad stories of my own.

However, my mom did do the dating sites. First long term relationship from a dating site, cheated on her after 5 or 6 years together. I thought he was cool in a lot of ways, but omg if you tried to debate anything with him, he adopted this very heated and condescending "you're an ignorant moron" tone. He was always right and he got mad if he disagreed. Also, his daughter was an all around awful person that I couldn't stand (stole stuff, smoked, drank, partied, and slept around in young teens and tried to get knocked up to trap guys, lied about terrible things, etc). He had 1000% double standards with his horribly behaved daughter than with my decently behaved brother when they stayed with them.

Before that guy, though, there was one guy she was talking to a lot that would have skype video calls with her. But he kept asking to see me in the video (I was 17 or 18 at the time). Once or twice and mom was like, ok, well everyone is going to be curious what someone's kids are like. But he kept being like "oh tell your kid to go over with you" and it got creepy so that ended there.

Another guy (I don't remember if it was before the cheater or after) seemed like a great guy but he ended things because mom didn't make enough money for him to feel like she wasn't using him for his income. Mom has a decent income at a job she's been at for more than half of my life. The guy doesn't make an awesome income either. But because he's in "triple digits" (even though he almost isn't), he said for as much as he liked her, he feels like everyone is after his money because he's been taken advantage of before. Mom is wise with her money and I don't doubt has more to show for it even if she does make a little less. The guy just had trust issues and maybe no self confidence that someone would like him for him.

A winner finally did come along and they got married a year and a half ago.
  • leasy1
    leasy1 Posts: 172 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I met my partner on a dating site, nearly 3 years later and a toddler we are still going strong.
    I had a few dodgy dates with guys I met on there before I met him. One took me roller skating, it was ok until I was going like 20mph and rolled right over to him fell on my bum with my legs wide open wrapped around him, staring up at him from the ground, my bum hurt for weeks!! awful just awful!! Another I met in a country pub and found out when I left my car had been scratched, but that wasn't the awful bit he had 3 friends and they all written each other's profile and picked the dates for each other so the twit I met didn't even know he was meeting me just that he was meeting someone.
    Dating has gotten so hard, back in the day before I got married (met ex husband at 18) you'd just go out pub, club, football match whatever meet someone chatted and took it from there but now since leaving him (then 35) and meeting my partner now it's a dying art it's all about dating sites and practically every couple I know has met on one.
  • Venus_88
    Venus_88 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    samataz wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Lol well it's not as much volume as you think since they can pre judge you from pictures and texting equals talking now....So if those are considered dates now a days yup thats th he volume, but it's all the fake profiles and then they can't speak English or you say hi and then your sent a body part ha ha yeah are those counted as dates too?? I get confused LOL.

What kind of sites did you use to get that?
    I figured out that if I use a dating app that isn't free of charge that would at least filter some people who has no serious intentions. I had about 18 dates in 2 months. Freaks, pervs (not all of them) but everyone could speak English and the profiles where not fake.
  • Break__You
    Break__You Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    d3pwpdmtwvsl.jpg