Replies

• longhardride
    longhardride Posts: 48 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I met the love of my life on MFP....... twenty-seven times

Ooh 28 is my lucky number
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Well on dating apps women report being most afraid of getting raped/kidnapped/murdered, men report being most afraid of his date being secretly fat, so my tip is trying to guess who's most afraid of a fat date, swiping right, and then messing with him by telling him he should know up front that you've gained 40-80 pounds since your photo, you're not sure because you don't weigh yourself, anyways when would he like to meet up?
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    sdolan91 wrote: »
    has anyone had any dates from dating websites that were just horrible?
    I'm at a loss at where to find a normal person to date.
    all the dates i've been on were super awkward or it was obvious they were interested in one thing. :expressionless:

Tbf, I think what you describe could apply equally to people that you haven't "met" on a dating website.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    I got my popcorn ready....I have a feeling this might turn into a good one!
  • PAFC84
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    I got my popcorn ready....I have a feeling this might turn into a good one!

I reckon the mods will suck all the fun out of this thread by shutting it down.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited June 2019
    Tinder is actually pretty good. I met some really cool peeps on their...it’s not just OnS stand chit either. That’s the only one i tried.
  • PAFC84
    Smithyy1 wrote: »
    Dude, maybe you have a problem with the live communication? I understand you because I'm the same. Really, I can't just walk up to a girl and start a conversation with her. That's why I decided to use a dating site to find a girl. You know what? I did it and succeeded. Personally, I used a website,about which you can read Romancetale review. There I found girls probably from anywhere in the world, because being from America, I started a relationship with a girl from China, who migrated to America ) That site has a convenient interface and a lot of proved accounts, so you won't be deceived, because for the period of time I used that site I didn't meet fake accounts...

RIP Smithyy1, RIP.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    No such thing as the internet when I was single. Don't think I would like it.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I met my husband on kiss.com. <3

Not even sure if it exists anymore.
  • PAFC84
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I met my husband on kiss.com. <3

Not even sure if it exists anymore.

But more importantly, does he still exist??
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    I have used several and have gotten some good dates and some bad ones. I have gotten into several relationships to that lasted for awhile. It’s a good way to meet people.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Pupnuzz wrote: »
    I try to stay away from most dating apps now.
    Met a guy off Grindr and he raped me, so I've been spending the last year recovering and begun working out and getting into make-up as an outlet.

Omg that’s horrible! I’m so sorry you went through that.

• Pupnuzz
    Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Pupnuzz wrote: »
    I try to stay away from most dating apps now.
    Met a guy off Grindr and he raped me, so I've been spending the last year recovering and begun working out and getting into make-up as an outlet.

Omg that’s horrible! I’m so sorry you went through that.

Thanks, it's been a long year
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    One thing I’ve learned with online dating is to always carry cash! I had a date with a guy that “forgot” to mention that he was a widower with SIX children. I said that was quite a bit of information that I was not expecting, threw a $20 on the table for the drink and walked out. I don’t date men with children to start with, I DEFINITELY don’t date men that have 6!

I 'insightful' voted your post, as the number of children or pets wouldn't sway me. Suppose knowing that the average man in SD has 6 children plus 2 pets at 26 years old, the likelihood of dating a divorcè with those numbers is probable, be it an off chance meeting irl or online.

I can see how his number of children threw you a loop ... It would be like meeting a divorcè with zero baggage here.
  • DarrenGreens10
    DarrenGreens10 Posts: 30 Member
    Nope seems bigger is not better now women want average size
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Nope seems bigger is not better now women want average size

Every individual has traits they prefer, but the majority just want someone they click with, have time for each other and make one another feel special.