Options

Replies

• Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Pupnuzz wrote: »
    Pupnuzz wrote: »
    I try to stay away from most dating apps now.
    Met a guy off Grindr and he raped me, so I've been spending the last year recovering and begun working out and getting into make-up as an outlet.

I'm so sorry my friend and hope you know I think you are tremendously strong and brave and you may have helped someone by letting them know the uncertainty out there....i would love to see your makeup I'm sure you rock at it!🤗😎🤘....and exercise is great for the mind body and spirit so I'm so impressed and happy for you....be proud because you are a survivor and badass! And well pretty dang cool too! Big hugs 🤗🙏💗

@Tinydancer106

Thanks 🙂
    That means a lot!
    I do hope that my story may help others stay safe or take some extra caution out there

I've been trying to post a pic of my makeup in one of the selfie thread but I can't seem to get it to upload from my phone for some reason and I wasn't sure how accepted a guy in makeup would be on here haha, didn't wanna be in everyone's faces lol. If anyone knows a fix please tell me 🤗

@Pupnuzz
    I think you are awesome and I have a good pal of mine who is a makeup artist and will send me his latest creations on himself and I get so jelly because I wish I had his talent cuz then I'd be voguing up the selfie threads like a diva lol💃💥
    ...you are awesome and as a fellow artist ( not of make up unfortunately😒😁)....i say do what makes YOU happy and proud boy!

Big hugs! Your newest fan! (And pal) Ali🤗🙌😍

Ps if you don't feel up to post on the threads post on your profile but add me so I can totally fangirl you too chico!🤗🙌🙏
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    I've been married twice & met both of my husbands online. Both are awesome men, but of course Husband #2 is the one for me and much more awesome.

I dated several other guys in between who were generally pretty good. A couple of them weren't for me (for various reasons) and one was clearly much more interested in finding a partner to share the load financially which was a bit disturbing, but I stopped seeing him right away. I'm still friends with a couple of these guys - the good ones - years down the road.

I feel like in my daily life I spend an inordinate amount of time warning & advising friends & colleagues to MEET QUICKLY face to face when they start an online flirtation. A lot of them do not follow this advice and wind up scammed, hurt or just very disappointed. I learned back in 1999 with a month-long "online relationship" that it's silly to put way too much effort into a person that may be far from what they say. Luckily mine was just a dorky guy across the country who was still technically with his "ex" girlfriend. But some of my acquaintances have been into these "relationships" much deeper and gotten hurt. Or maybe worse, met up and were rejected or had to reject someone after feelings were intense on one or both sides.

So anyway...I think it's so important to meet up QUICKLY and figure out if there's anything there. Saves a lot of time & heartache. MUCH easier to reject or be rejected after a week of casual chat than after months of deep "bonding" and planning...

On the flip side. Taking a couple weeks to get to know someone is important. been several instances where some anger, drinking, or side relationships were revealed. Some potentially dangerous personalities I was able to avoid by taking some time. So a fine line between meet up quick and make sure you know enough about the person first.

both sides have great points 🙌🤗
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    I tried that "OkCupid" one, I have one match that's it. She won't even reply. I don't know what to think about dating apps lol

lmao! That's funny!😂🤗🙌....you are gonna be someone's someone special and they will be one lucky gal! 😉
  • Pupnuzz
    Pupnuzz Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    @tinydancer106 I added you! But I don't know if it worked
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I get my best results from Bumble and Coffee Meets Bagel and sonetines Tinder through out the years. Obviously not the best because I haven’t gotten married from it, but I have had some good relationships and dates. I have had some bad dates, but you brush it off and keep trying.
  • AriesFL
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Well, I’ve signed up on a couple of dating sites again.

For those who don’t know me, I had met my incredible husband this way 15 years ago. I lost him in March 2018 to ALS.

So, I’m hoping to meet a nice guy and see what happens. Hopefully, something amazing.

I am sorry for your loss. Good luck on the dating sites. I hope you find what you are looking for!
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    Well, I’ve signed up on a couple of dating sites again.

For those who don’t know me, I had met my incredible husband this way 15 years ago. I lost him in March 2018 to ALS.

So, I’m hoping to meet a nice guy and see what happens. Hopefully, something amazing.

Aw Lynda I know you had a great fella and I hope you find another special someone to enjoy your life....you are the bomb lady! They'll be lucky to have you for sure sweet lovely lady!😍💗🙌🤗
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Tinydancer106 I 🧡 you!!

@AriesFL Thank you. 🙂
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    I’ve had mostly good luck with online dating in the past. I just don’t get out amongst that many people in my everyday life to simply wait around for someone, I also suffer from social anxiety so meeting someone at the bar scene or a party are probably not going to happen for me since I prefer to avoid those situations. I’ve met some guys and there was simply no spark but they were awesome people and we’ve remained good friends for over a decade! Others met for coffee once never to be seen again or they stopped messaging or stood me up/didn’t want to actually meet. I met my now boyfriend online without us even seeing eachothers photos. I read his profile and something about the way he wrote intrigued me, his writing style made his profile stand out from the hundreds of others. I purposefully didn’t have any photos up and his photos were blurry and taken from far away/odd angles so I really couldn’t see what he looked like. I wrote to him first telling him that his profile really stood out from the many others and he wrote back in his unique style, intriguing me even more! Eventually we exchanged photos, had phone conversations and met. He is really good looking, has a fantastic sense of humor, creative and artistic, kind and understanding, etc etc. We have been crazy about eachother for 10 years and still going strong. I think it’s like anything in life, there are no guarantees... but by the same token... nothing ventured, nothing gained. Dating nightmares existed before the internet it’s just that we didn’t hear about them en masse like nowadays. Be safe and good luck to you no matter what route you choose :)

I adore you and your post @RunsWithBees 🤗😍🙌💗
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    @RunsWithBees Your post made me smile. My husband didn’t have his photo posted either. Instead, he posted a photo of his pet iguana Edgar. (An actual iguana, people. Get your minds out of the gutter!). As you can see, he was rather handsome.

df9ixh4nr5gn.jpeg

aw I love the pic and his memory Lynda....(stage whispers) ps that's not an iguana that's a dog😳😂😂.. But hey he's still very handsome and cool 😍🙌😂😘

You're a doll!🤗
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    @RunsWithBees Your post made me smile. My husband didn’t have his photo posted either. Instead, he posted a photo of his pet iguana Edgar. (An actual iguana, people. Get your minds out of the gutter!). As you can see, he was rather handsome.

df9ixh4nr5gn.jpeg

aw I love the pic and his memory Lynda....(stage whispers) ps that's not an iguana that's a dog😳😂😂.. But hey he's still very handsome and cool 😍🙌😂😘

You're a doll!🤗

🤣😂🤣
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

df9ixh4nr5gn.jpeg

That’s so awesome! I actually currently have a pet iggy! He’s grown to 6 feet long, I’ve had him for 15 years :)<3
  • Tinydancer106
    Options
    I’ve had mostly good luck with online dating in the past. I just don’t get out amongst that many people in my everyday life to simply wait around for someone, I also suffer from social anxiety so meeting someone at the bar scene or a party are probably not going to happen for me since I prefer to avoid those situations. I’ve met some guys and there was simply no spark but they were awesome people and we’ve remained good friends for over a decade! Others met for coffee once never to be seen again or they stopped messaging or stood me up/didn’t want to actually meet. I met my now boyfriend online without us even seeing eachothers photos. I read his profile and something about the way he wrote intrigued me, his writing style made his profile stand out from the hundreds of others. I purposefully didn’t have any photos up and his photos were blurry and taken from far away/odd angles so I really couldn’t see what he looked like. I wrote to him first telling him that his profile really stood out from the many others and he wrote back in his unique style, intriguing me even more! Eventually we exchanged photos, had phone conversations and met. He is really good looking, has a fantastic sense of humor, creative and artistic, kind and understanding, etc etc. We have been crazy about eachother for 10 years and still going strong. I think it’s like anything in life, there are no guarantees... but by the same token... nothing ventured, nothing gained. Dating nightmares existed before the internet it’s just that we didn’t hear about them en masse like nowadays. Be safe and good luck to you no matter what route you choose :)

Such a great point about social anxiety and other issues preventing some from meeting partners. I always met a lot of guys in my daily life who weren't compatible with me due to religious and lifestyle differences. I live in the Bible belt near plenty of handsome, nice fellows who are conservative churchgoers and have or plan to have children. It's always worked out much better for me to meet guys online so I can vet them out and know we're of like minds (liberal, non-religious, not parents and never having kids, etc). My husband has Aspergers and while most people would never even realize this about him, he comes off as rather arrogant and self-assured and never had an easy time of meeting women outside of academia & work settings. For some of us online is the way to go!!

You are awesome!!!❤ my son is autistic and while he doesn't have Aspergers... I have met many wonderful people on our journey who were and had trouble meeting s.o.'s because of anxieties or inability to relate in small talk or casual flirting etc....but if someone took the time to look beyond those really superficial limitations for lack of a better word...they'd find some amazing partners.....i think you both are lucky and I hope I'm not out of line here but your post made me really hopeful and happy for more people who absolutely deserve a happily ever after.....so hugs lovely girl....🤗🙌...i wish you both the best 💗
  • AriesFL
    Options
    Funny note on online dating
    x8dhc0swhwx2.png
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Funny note on online dating
    x8dhc0swhwx2.png

The irony... I had the same experience with Brad Pitt & Johnny Depp.
    Dang... it was going so well, then they closed their accounts.
    Blast you, online dating sites... blast you.