Online Dating.

Options

Replies

• TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I don’t like dating sites cause I worked for one years sgo. So many fake pictures, I was always taking down profiles pictures. Many are scammers and then you have many that are married.
    I hate liars and cheaters! I have been married for 21 years....only to find out 10 of those years i was lied to and cheated on. Although he hasn’t cheated for 2 years.....well geeee thanks!
    I’m divorcing but in NC you have to be separated for a year so he’s moving out in a couple of months. Yes a few months, I’m soft hearted and I hate that about myself.... i gave him the time he asked for.

Kara... Good luck & take care of yourself. Don't hate that you're soft hearted, but be discerning & don't allow yourself to be taken advantage of.

Soft hearted is good... just don't trust your heart to someone when they no longer deserve it. Someone far more deserving is around the corner for you in 2020. Best New Year yet... you're making room for a better man!
  • kara_tastic
    kara_tastic Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    I don’t like dating sites cause I worked for one years sgo. So many fake pictures, I was always taking down profiles pictures. Many are scammers and then you have many that are married.
    I hate liars and cheaters! I have been married for 21 years....only to find out 10 of those years i was lied to and cheated on. Although he hasn’t cheated for 2 years.....well geeee thanks!
    I’m divorcing but in NC you have to be separated for a year so he’s moving out in a couple of months. Yes a few months, I’m soft hearted and I hate that about myself.... i gave him the time he asked for.

Kara... Good luck & take care of yourself. Don't hate that you're soft hearted, but be discerning & don't allow yourself to be taken advantage of.

Soft hearted is good... just don't trust your heart to someone when they no longer deserve it. Someone far more deserving is around the corner for you in 2020. Best New Year yet... you're making room for a better man!

Thank you hon! I’m looking forward to new beginnings!
  • AriesFL
    AriesFL Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Can I message you and flirt with your IPAs, I love IPAs but they don’t always love me back.
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    Can I message you and flirt with your IPAs, I love IPAs but they don’t always love me back.

IPAs love no one back. I've tried. I feel your pain. :smile:

Have a very Happy New Year!
  • AriesFL
    Options
    Same to you!
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    Same to you!

:smile: BTW, I'm also an Aries in FL.
  • AriesFL
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Same to you!

Well that just makes us the two best people in Florida! I’m still learning the ropes in this state
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    Same to you!

Well that just makes us the two best people in Florida! I’m still learning the ropes in this state

I love being 1 of the 2 best of anything! Same on learning the ropes. I've only been here 3-wks & haven't had time to explore yet. I'm waiting for after the 1st of the year... less crowds, sales, etc.

I'm in the Tampa area... are you on this side of the state or east coast? There are a lot of Floridians onboard.
  • AriesFL
    Options
    Same to you!

I love being 1 of the 2 best of anything! Same on learning the ropes. I've only been here 3-wks & haven't had time to explore yet. I'm waiting for after the 1st of the year... less crowds, sales, etc.

I'm in the Tampa area... are you on this side of the state or east coast? There are a lot of Floridians onboard.

I am in Orlando Area not to far away from SeaWorld. Where did you move from? I moved from Virginia. I’m always finding something to do. It’s never a dull moment. Though I’m failing as a Floridian. I don’t have sandals or been to a beach yet lol.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    MFP can be online dating

From a number of the emails I've gotten, I'd say so. When they wanted my life story & I didn't comply, they deleted me as a friend. Usually all this transpired in 30-min, haha. Wow, that was fast... speed dating without the date.

And probably 99% of them were married too

Oh, boo... I hope not. Sad for their spouses.

Sadly, it's true. It's common knowledge here that many married people like to flirt, play etc with others here. Same is true for many online communities, unfortunately.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Options
    MFP can be online dating

From a number of the emails I've gotten, I'd say so. When they wanted my life story & I didn't comply, they deleted me as a friend. Usually all this transpired in 30-min, haha. Wow, that was fast... speed dating without the date.
    You’re a guy right? I think you explained that inadvertently before. They might have assumed you were they person in your profile pic

I'm a girl. The profile pic is me. :smile:
    Regardless, the story's the same. :smile:
    Oh cool. I think I remember you posting about chest hair and ale (not in the same post) lol... it had me thinking you’re a guy, my bad.

Not at all, you're good. I probably did, but I write almost all posts tongue in cheek. I see where it can be confusing... or maybe I do have chest hair & am holding an ale... that's why my back is to the camera.

Here I am... now you'll recognize me next time.

giphy.gif

BTW, I do drink IPA... some girls do. :wink:

I'm much more of an amber bach or lager drinker, I've found that IPA's are just a bit to tart/bitter for my tastes. But, I'd gladly buy you one. And, while it may be considered rude to turn down a beer given to someone, I don't think it is if it's given to someone who actually enjoys an IPA. ;)

BTW, great pic. :lol:
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    I am in Orlando Area not to far away from SeaWorld. Where did you move from? I moved from Virginia. I’m always finding something to do. It’s never a dull moment. Though I’m failing as a Floridian. I don’t have sandals or been to a beach yet lol.

You're a bit inland, so it's understandable you may not have been to the ocean yet, as a newcomer. But, I live next to the beach, so there's no excuse for me. I'm giving myself this week to adjust & return to a day schedule (it's been a tough, bumpy 3-wks for me here), so by next Monday, I'll be ready for exploring more & having a more normal life.

Where I moved from is a 10-hr story for 3 consecutive days... I was on the road for 2-yrs, all across the states. Prior to that, I was mostly between San Diego & CO. Boston prior to 2010. I've lived on 4 continents, 7 countries, 16 states. Too many head spinning details, I'm afraid.

Footwear takes time... I either have dressy heels or a mix of boots, none of which I'll get much use out of here. They do tend to be more casual, comfy, flat, flip-floppy here, even in a professional setting, I've noticed. :smile:

There are a handful I'm aware of from my area of the state, but I'm sure I've read some mentioning the Orlando area, as well. Sometimes I'd like to ask q's, but I don't want to bombard people with local q's. After the holiday, I'll go bother the rental office! :smile:
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    Sadly, it's true. It's common knowledge here that many married people like to flirt, play etc with others here. Same is true for many online communities, unfortunately.

Trigger warning... un-PC reply. If anyone objects, my apologies, but then move along... I'm only talking about my own experiences.

Yes, I've seen what I call the harem builders... guys, mostly married (according to them), who have 50-150 friends, all women, most in seductive, scantily clad selfies. It is what it is... no judgment... they're all willing participants. That's a good chunk of who has initially contacted me (I've since had to weed them out... more below)... & there's the young lad sect, too, who like to collect compliments from middle-aged women... they've got their own harems... but when I don't respond how either group would like after they send me a pic of their abs/guns, in the guise of "hey, check out my dog" & I can only see a dog tail behind their Hulk Hogan, shirtless/sleeveless-tee pose or their "hey, can I be your next bf" email, they delete me, in most cases, or I delete them, cuz they're looking for major flirt & I just don't have or want to take the time.

Those same guys pummel me with lots of personal q's... it's exhausting, so I just don't accept a lot of friend requests anymore, when they fall into the above scenarios. I'm not saying they're doing anything wrong (I don't embed myself into other's relationships/innocent flirtations or otherwise... that's for their SO's to deal with... leave me out of it), but I'm mainly here to record calories, write a few semi-amusing posts to interact with others & enjoy the many with great hearts or senses of humor... I see a lot of the latter, fortunately.

I find so many people here to be clever, funny & good hearted souls, by far... those are the ones I enjoy. My friends list is currently a collection of lovely souls... male & female. I love when women contact me for friendship. Conversely, those women I've contacted to be friends (just 2) have so far declined, haha. Se la vie... :smile:
    I'm much more of an amber bach or lager drinker, I've found that IPA's are just a bit to tart/bitter for my tastes. But, I'd gladly buy you one. And, while it may be considered rude to turn down a beer given to someone, I don't think it is if it's given to someone who actually enjoys an IPA. ;)

BTW, great pic. :lol:

Lol. I understand... most I know are lite beer drinkers. I enjoy darker flavors... rye/black bread, as opposed to white... ristretto (double strength espresso, black) as opposed to coffee... stout/IPA only. Not for everyone... that's fine... we all differ, no judgment.
  • AriesFL
    Options

You're a bit inland, so it's understandable you may not have been to the ocean yet, as a newcomer. But, I live next to the beach, so there's no excuse for me. I'm giving myself this week to adjust & return to a day schedule (it's been a tough, bumpy 3-wks for me here), so by next Monday, I'll be ready for exploring more & having a more normal life.

Where I moved from is a 10-hr story for 3 consecutive days... I was on the road for 2-yrs, all across the states. Prior to that, I was mostly between San Diego & CO. Boston prior to 2010. I've lived on 4 continents, 7 countries, 16 states. Too many head spinning details, I'm afraid.

Footwear takes time... I either have dressy heels or a mix of boots, none of which I'll get much use out of here. They do tend to be more casual, comfy, flat, flip-floppy here, even in a professional setting, I've noticed. :smile:

There are a handful I'm aware of from my area of the state, but I'm sure I've read some mentioning the Orlando area, as well. Sometimes I'd like to ask q's, but I don't want to bombard people with local q's. After the holiday, I'll go bother the rental office! :smile:

I love to travel. I would find that great. Where were your favorite places?

Footwear takes forever for him because of my clown sized feet. I’m still searching for the right store.

New year, new me as they say.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options

Trigger warning... un-PC reply. If anyone objects, my apologies, but then move along... I'm only talking about my own experiences.

Yes, I've seen what I call the harem builders... guys, mostly married (according to them), who have 50-150 friends, all women, most in seductive, scantily clad selfies. It is what it is... no judgment... they're all willing participants. That's a good chunk of who has initially contacted me (I've since had to weed them out... more below)... & there's the young lad sect, too, who like to collect compliments from middle-aged women... they've got their own harems... but when I don't respond how either group would like after they send me a pic of their abs/guns, in the guise of "hey, check out my dog" & I can only see a dog tail behind their Hulk Hogan, shirtless/sleeveless-tee pose or their "hey, can I be your next bf" email, they delete me, in most cases, or I delete them, cuz they're looking for major flirt & I just don't have or want to take the time.

Those same guys pummel me with lots of personal q's... it's exhausting, so I just don't accept a lot of friend requests anymore, when they fall into the above scenarios. I'm not saying they're doing anything wrong (I don't embed myself into other's relationships/innocent flirtations or otherwise... that's for their SO's to deal with... leave me out of it), but I'm mainly here to record calories, write a few semi-amusing posts to interact with others & enjoy the many with great hearts or senses of humor... I see a lot of the latter, fortunately.

I find so many people here to be clever, funny & good hearted souls, by far... those are the ones I enjoy. My friends list is currently a collection of lovely souls... male & female. I love when women contact me for friendship. Conversely, those women I've contacted to be friends (just 2) have so far declined, haha. Se la vie... :smile:

You know, if you look at my friends list you'd think I'd fall into this category as well. But I've received more requests from women, then men. Seems like men just don't want to be my MFP friend. :'(

I also delete requests that come with no message attached to them. If someone wants to actually be a weight loss buddy, the least they could do is write out a quick little 'hey, you seem nice/cool/[insert other adjective here]. Wanna be friends?' sort of message.
  • TarryTaffy
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    You know, if you look at my friends list you'd think I'd fall into this category as well. But I've received more requests from women, then men. Seems like men just don't want to be my MFP friend. :'(

I also delete requests that come with no message attached to them. If someone wants to actually be a weight loss buddy, the least they could do is write out a quick little 'hey, you seem nice/cool/[insert other adjective here]. Wanna be friends?' sort of message.

I understand, no one needs to justify... we all get something different out of our experiences here. I only recounted my own personal experiences. And, converse to you, I'm mostly contacted by men & rejected by women if I FR them. It's fine.

I'm unbothered by someone who doesn't write a snippet... most don't. Some snippets have been lovely, some have been creepy, so I either accept or decline, respectively.