Over used sayings on MFP

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Mileage may vary...YMMV/MMV.

I have typed this many times myself, admittedly.

Sometimes it feels like a way to avoid the twenty posts debating that whatever is working for one person isn't going to work for the next person.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    I think there needs to be a mandatory "lurk before you post" period. Maybe two weeks where you can ONLY read and not post.

Cosigned.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I've harped on this one before: "for weight loss." A popular variants is "to lose weight".

As in, "What foods are good for weight loss?" Or, "What exercises should I do for weight loss?"
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    Starvation Mode :s

OMG this is my pet peeve! It does not exist. There is no possible biological way you are eating so few calories your body is storing them.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    madwells1 wrote: »
    *kitten*

Most annoying word ever.

Ok, I'll tell the story on myself. When I first started reading the MFP boards I must have missed the *kitten* memo about kitten because I was so *kitten* confused. I figured I'm old, out of it and seriously need to call up one of my youthful nieces to explain the meaning of kitten because it seemed to change all over the place.

Then it *kitten* hit me. I was so *kitten* *kitten* slow.

Ive been lurking for a month or so and am still slow, what does it mean please? Is it just a way of not swearing??
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    ryenday wrote: »
    madwells1 wrote: »
    *kitten*

Most annoying word ever.

Ok, I'll tell the story on myself. When I first started reading the MFP boards I must have missed the *kitten* memo about kitten because I was so *kitten* confused. I figured I'm old, out of it and seriously need to call up one of my youthful nieces to explain the meaning of kitten because it seemed to change all over the place.

Then it *kitten* hit me. I was so *kitten* *kitten* slow.

Ive been lurking for a month or so and am still slow, what does it mean please? Is it just a way of not swearing??

It's what the MFP auto-filter changes swears to. It used to just be ******* but they changed it for April Fools and never changed it back.

Actually, that's a lie - they changed it for the next April Fools, the cucumber I believe, but changed it back to kitten after. I think they think its cute.
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    "I care what I put in my body."