Apples...a zero calorie food??

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question? No. Apples have calories.

Maybe that person was doing Weight Watchers.

wasn't really the question tho...

The question was does eating and digesting the apple negate the calories it does have and the answer is

No...

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Well, the question's already been answered so I won't say anything about that.

I will, however, say that I'm jealous of all of you who are getting in the really good Honeycrisps. So far, the ones that have shown up locally have been pretty small and beat up looking. Still tasty, but slim pickings.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No apples are not zero calorie.
    I would definitely log them.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    AgidGirl wrote: »
    Here's a link to the blog...zero calorie life. Lot's of 'zero calorie' recipes. Ima keep on tracking everything ;-) http://zerocalorielife.blogspot.com/

That's the saddest thing I have ever seen...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    AgidGirl wrote: »
    Here's a link to the blog...zero calorie life. Lot's of 'zero calorie' recipes. Ima keep on tracking everything ;-) http://zerocalorielife.blogspot.com/

I hope that newbies to MFP that may find their way to this thread do not misunderstand this.

Of course when I saw it myself I had to look, not sure what to say honestly except .. just no!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    macclone wrote: »
    Eat raw broccoli. It is close to being a free food.

91 grams of broccoli (about a cup) has 31 calories. It's a low calorie food, but how is it free? Your body is still getting those 31 calories.
  • lisa_swims
    lisa_swims Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Honey Crisp apples are my absolute favorite! <3
  • lisa_swims
    lisa_swims Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow they are $2.99/lb here usually $3.99/lb. At the bent and dent they are .70/lb but they are bruised so not great for keeping in the fridge.
    Enjoy! I bought a lot last April, set my fridge on a low setting and they are still good!
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would just turn all those apples into unsweetened applesauce and weigh it out by the oz with my meals but that's just me. The only thing I know to be 0 calorie is water.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    medium apples are roughly 80 calories each...thats not 0. 1lb is 236 calories
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I am all about that honeycrisp life. U-pick time near me was Sunday and I got 1/2 bushel for $25. Sounds like you got a great deal!