Apples...a zero calorie food??

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    macclone wrote: »
    macclone wrote: »
    Eat raw broccoli. It is close to being a free food.

91 grams of broccoli (about a cup) has 31 calories. It's a low calorie food, but how is it free? Your body is still getting those 31 calories.

That is why I said CLOSE. Comprehenda?

Nobody is denying that low calorie foods exist. We're talking about the claim that there are free foods.
  • AgidGirl
    AgidGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    SIXTY POUNDS??? Honeycrisps cost like $4 / lb. You really spent $240 on apples? :o You must REALLY love apples!

She wrote she paid 50 cents per lb

Ah! Must have missed that.

Still an awful lot of apples! But, heck of a good buy.

I have a husband and 3 boys...I wish I would have bought 120 pounds HA!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    my only comment on the onion thing is that when I did WW cooked onions and carrots were the only veggies that weren't free...
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    mktom29 wrote: »
    My dietician told me that apples have no affect on the body, especially your blood sugar. She also told me that when you eat the apple with the core, the core acts like a protectant to the carbs and sugar being digested into your system. Pretty cool!

I was pre-diabetic and my blood sugar did go up after apples, and yes I've always eaten the core.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    mktom29 wrote: »
    My dietician told me that apples have no affect on the body, especially your blood sugar. She also told me that when you eat the apple with the core, the core acts like a protectant to the carbs and sugar being digested into your system. Pretty cool!

Wait, what?

What exactly is the substance in the core that is "protecting" you and why do you need to be protected from carbohydrates?

If your RD is telling you that eating the core means that none of the carbohydrates in an apple are available to your body, I don't think that can possibly be accurate.

Maybe the cyanide in the seeds is protective? :lol:

Beat me to it.