• bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    5pm and already over my calories by 250 ugg this is a bad day
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    So i now know to lay off bread (don't eat it much unless there us nothing else) its not worth the calories.

Look for light bread at your local grocery store. It's usually between 40 - 45 calories and a bit smaller so you don't put as much on it! ;)
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    5pm and already over my calories by 250 ugg this is a bad day

It happens to all of us, don't worry. One day won't derail your progress. Just get back to your goal tomorrow. :)

High-volume foods will really help you while you adjust to your calorie deficit. Fresh fruit and vegetables, especially. There are many delicious ways to prepare vegetables, so start checking out some recipes and playing in the kitchen!

Here are some ideas for you:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/the-40-best-low-calorie-foods.html
  • emailmehere1122
    emailmehere1122 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    brookielaw wrote: »
    I've lost more than that (240 total), and it took a lot longer than a year. My advice is to make small, sustainable changes. You didn't get to your weight overnight, and you won't lose it overnight either. If you can't maintain the changes that you need to make to lose the weight, what's the point?

So, how about a change a week? Start with logging everything, then maybe Drink more water, cut out soda, make healthier choices, increase fruits and veg, then move more.

I do remember how everything hurt at 387. The small changes started the weight coming off...parking a little further, taking the stairs or walking a bit, that kind of stuff, until I moved on to swimming. (Swimming is much easier on your joints than a lot of activities. You can work on range of motion or even water aerobics if you aren't into swimming.) Find an activity you love, and do it.

Reward yourself for doing well (oh and hey, not with food either). Celebrate milestones. Set smaller goals and then celebrate them.

The biggest thing is that you can't give up. You may screw up along the way (I sure did)....forgive yourself, move on, and get back to it.

Lastly, consult a medical professional. You never know what insight they may be able to give you, but you want to make sure your health is the best it can be. Good luck. If I can do it, anyone can.

Congratulations...
    quite an accomplishment
  • bjcrewe
    Options
    So i read that if you take your weight and times it by 10 that's how many calories you burn a day going about normal day. Is there any truth to this?
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    So i read that if you take your weight and times it by 10 that's how many calories you burn a day going about normal day. Is there any truth to this?

roughly. If you're mostly sedentary though this wouldn't apply. For an average person of average activity, the 10 times rule is fine. But for people at the extremes (either end) of either weight or activity, it falls apart.
  • bjcrewe
    edited September 2017
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »

roughly. If you're mostly sedentary though this wouldn't apply. For an average person of average activity, the 10 times rule is fine. But for people at the extremes (either end) of either weight or activity, it falls apart.

Though as much it dint seem like it would apply in my state.

• LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    Mfp takes your weight into consideration when you add exercise. The larger you are the more calories you will use when doing exercise and everyday activities. As you lose weight you'll notice you have to work harder and longer to lose the same amount of calories you did when you weighed more. :)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of calculators out there to help determine your calories burned, but I found this website to be the most helpful: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/how-to-estimate-maintenance-caloric-intake.html/

It recommends a 10 multiplier for women and 11 for men to determine resting calorie burn, then walks through figuring out maintenance. It does assume an hour of intentional exercise, but I found the numbers still work out if you start on the low end of their recommended multipliers. Whatever number you start with, you'll want to track your actual results (calories consumed, weight, rough extra exercise calories) and adjust to fit. I now use a 10.75 multiplier because my resting calorie burn is unusually high for a woman, for example.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Just as a guide I weigh 264 and my BBMR is 1976 and my TDEE is 2700 approx

I am eating a steady 2000 a day and losing 2.6lbs per week on average for last 10 weeks

So you should be able to drop weight quite easily on 2800 or something especially if you start moving a bit more

we're all rooting for you!