October 22 - 5 km run joined local running group
    October 23 - 19.5 km long run
    October 24 - 11.5 km run
    October 25 - strength training
    October 26 - 18.5 km run
    October 27 - 13.5 km run
    October 28 - 20 km run/ strength training

Total km - 348 km out of 350 km

Did my run later in the day and struggled I think I'm much better at early morning runs.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Trying to get the umph to run this morning. Ligh rain, dark, and 42F. Sigh...
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    Oh, and that watch face that I said I would look at coding (the one that wasn't available for the FR935). Yeah, that's all done now. I had fun coding it, and I may submit it to Garmin, but as it's a replica of an existing watch face, it may be wiser to just keep it to myself to avoid any potential issues.

lg8sma26aiug.png

...Or you could contact the author of the original one. :)
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    Oh, and that watch face that I said I would look at coding (the one that wasn't available for the FR935). Yeah, that's all done now. I had fun coding it, and I may submit it to Garmin, but as it's a replica of an existing watch face, it may be wiser to just keep it to myself to avoid any potential issues.

lg8sma26aiug.png

...Or you could contact the author of the original one. :)

Y'know, you're absolutely right, I'll do that later.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Y'all nerds sure are up early... I love all the cool stuff you nerds can do though. Can one of you bring me some donuts and bacon? Ooo ooo ooo or make an app for that. :smiley:

ETA I played an online test... I'm a geek. So funny... I get called nerd a lot..

http://www.playbuzz.com/elizabethderryberry10/are-you-a-geek-a-nerd-or-a-dork
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Y'all nerds sure are up early... I love all the cool stuff you nerds can do though. Can one of you bring me some donuts and bacon? Ooo ooo ooo or make an app for that. :smiley:

There are 3D printers that print food you know...

• Elise4270
    Options

The new diet fad! Looks like food with none of the digestible calories!
  • PastorVincent
    Options

The new diet fad! Looks like food with none of the digestible calories!

No... its actual food

Example: https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/3d-food-printers-how-they-could-change-what-you-eat/

And others. They started coming out several years ago when they were talking about installing a pizza printer on the ISS: https://www.theverge.com/2014/1/24/5342180/watch-this-3d-printer-make-pizza-fit-for-astronauts

An "app for that" is closer than you likely think...
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Blog post on my race, with all the details, including my surrent struggle over the fact that I finished after cut off but still got finisher's gear.

http://teachertrailrunner.blogspot.com/2017/10/first-post-first-ultra-wild-duluth-100k.html
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options

ETA I played an online test... I'm a geek. So funny... I get called nerd a lot..

Fun! I got NERD (all caps according to the test gurus). I will bring you donuts if you will clean my house. I am over cleaning on the weekend, but I don’t want to during the week either.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Blog post on my race, with all the details, including my surrent struggle over the fact that I finished after cut off but still got finisher's gear.

http://teachertrailrunner.blogspot.com/2017/10/first-post-first-ultra-wild-duluth-100k.html

Dude, you completed a 100k course. That is what matters! You rock! :sunglasses:
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    Cold ten miles this am. First long run since the marathon. Felt good.
    Question, now that I'm not training for a marathon how do I handle long runs if I want to have fun and participate in some Saturday 5k or 10k races? Saturday is still going to be my long day. I'm not treating the races as important events where I'm all in trying for my peak performance but I do want to have fun and see what I can do. My next serious race will be in March.

exercise.png

@cburke8909 - There's not a whole lot of difference between running 10 easy miles because a training plan calls for it and running 10 easy miles because you want to. Working a race into the long day is pretty much the same, one way or the other. You just run more miles before and/or after the race.

Examples: If I wanted to run 10 miles including a 5K, I'd run an easy preview of the course, run the 5K as a race, and run 4-ish miles afterward. For a 10K, I'd run a long 3 or short 4 miles as an out and back on the end of the course for my warmup, then run the race. Last January, I had a 5 mile race on a course I hadn't seen before on a day I needed 15 miles. So I ran my warmup as a preview of the course, ran the race, and ran the course in reverse after the race. I've also had a 10 mile warmup for a 5 mile race on a day that called for 15 miles.

You figure out what to do that is the most fun for you while also supporting what you want to do with the race.
  • Elise4270
    Options

Fun! I got NERD (all caps according to the test gurus). I will bring you donuts if you will clean my house. I am over cleaning on the weekend, but I don’t want to during the week either.

Oh man. I pay someone to clean. And @PastorVincent said I can have 3d donuts, 3d bacon, and new 3d organs/smarter brain. :smiley:
    It feels like 37f out with 12-20mph winds... I'm torn... Not sure what to wear.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    1/10-6.5
    2/10-10.1 (longest run to date, first time in double figures!)
    3/10-REST
    4/10-3.1 (running club)
    5/10-6.0
    6/10- T25 workout
    7/10-5.2 (parkrun)
    8/10-5.0
    9/10-REST
    10/10-4.5
    11/10-7.2 (running club)
    12/10-4.5
    13/10-6.6
    14/10-5.6