WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2017

Options

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, ladies! I'm definitely looking for somewhere that I can post more than once a day, if I feel the need, and like I said share my victories and not so stellar moments also! lol My name is Evelyn, but I'm fine with Evie.
    Sounds like I should post, or at least figure out, some goals for this month. The one major problem I have is after dinner grazing. And it's not because I'm hungry, I just want stuff to chew on, and let's face it, if carrot sticks did the trick none of us would be here, right??!! lol Anyway, if I brush my teeth after dinner I'm good, so that's going to be my first goal. I do quite well with working out, take a couple classes at the local rec centre and belong to a gym that I go to the other three weekdays. I work Fri, Sat and Sun, unfortunately the gym is open pretty much the same hours that I work on the weekends so don't get there, but I can get a fair amount of walking in while at work, so I try to make those steps really count!
    Okay, done for tonight, "talk" to you all tomorrow!
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Happy Birthday Heather.

Hi Evelyn.

Allie I have had my animals used as lures in previous relationship break ups. I love them so much I can't just turn my back on them, so I totally understand your situation. So, here's my advice. Find a real nice animal-loving friend in your new place and get them to take one of the dogs, and you take the other and then you can cut all ties with the Ex. Obviously, you can't do that till you own rather than rent. Otherwise, time your visits with the dogs to when you are sure he won't be there. Best of luck to you.

Terry Glad we got to see your furr family. We have always had an orange cat. My current one is Fatty O. He started out as Little Orange and then he got big,and turned into a rare she and her name morphed.

Going out to hug my unicorn. Major is romping under my feet... <3 Wendy
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    So first pic was Keira, our warrior princess not impressed with her archery results.
    shooting with her Dad
    A star wars fairy princess
    Jheri and I. ( Yes, finally a photo of me)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options
    Monday -- an actual evening ride!! WooHoo! Now that DST is back again, we can get out for a ride (bicycle) during the evening and have some daylight to work with.

Distance: 11.5 km
    Elevation: 85 m
    Moving Time: 40:02
    Elapsed Time 40:37
    Speed: Avg: 17.3 km/h | Max: 29.2 km/h

Plus 8.2 km (5 miles) walking. :) Good for the bones!

Machka in Oz
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3B) morning!
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Has anybody else noticed that MFP has changed its "rules" about how much one must eat?

Since a week or so back, it has accepted anything above 1000 kcal (for women) without scolding. Two weeks ago I was just under 1200 at the end of the day and MFP told me off. So I ate two pieces of peppermint candy I didn't need at all. >:) That put me above 1200 and MFP was happy.

/Penny
  • Machka9
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    Has anybody else noticed that MFP has changed its "rules" about how much one must eat?

Since a week or so back, it has accepted anything above 1000 kcal (for women) without scolding. Two weeks ago I was just under 1200 at the end of the day and MFP told me off. So I ate two pieces of peppermint candy I didn't need at all. >:) That put me above 1200 and MFP was happy.

/Penny

I just closed my diary netting 1024 calories (I was a little bit over yesterday, so it balances out), and MFP was fine with that.

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    D...m just lost my post

So sad watching news about Las Vegas shootings, hope noone here is affected

LANETTE not sure about tv progs but will check

HEATHER happy birthday

ALLIE keep on going you are going to love your new life

Love the llamas

Welcome new girls and returners

Been to gym this morning 10 mins each on bike, elliptical, rower, treadmill and 2 sets of 10 reps on weight machines. Will probably do something at home later as weather is not good (rain and wind together I hate)

Kate UK <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Heather!

• Machka9
    Options
    My birthday tomorrow. 68. :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o I do love the seaside, even in the wind and drizzle. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Happy Birthday!

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    LANETTE aging progs were on BBC TV and as far as I can see even BRITS who have paid licence fee cannot access when abroad.

Kate UK <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,366 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    LANETTE aging progs were on BBC TV and as far as I can see even BRITS who have paid licence fee cannot access when abroad.

Kate - thank you for checking! I bet they'll show up over here eventually on PBS. I'll keep my "eyes peeled". B)

Lanette
    SW WA State

Kate UK <3

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Becca I agree with you on the coupons. I buy store brands almost all the time. One of the big box stores sends coupons for name brand items and when I shop, I usually see that the big box brand is cheaper even with the coupon.

DJ so sorry about the rude person that emailed you. You do so much for your Moose ladies, that was uncalled for.

Kelly what a s@@#$y thing for your DH’s company to do. Enjoy your time with Joquain (sp?). Your idea for adding more day care children sounds like a lot of work added already to your full load.

Heather HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Janet your ornaments are beautiful!

Alie you are not going to be able to move on with your life if you can’t loosen the ties you have with the dogs. I know how much you love them, but, it may be time to let go. I am not trying to be mean by saying that because we all care about you and want you to have a better life.

Sharon thanks for sharing your photos. You have a great looking family. What kind of store do you work in?

I have got to get back on the diet track and have started as of today. All the mess with the flooring has led to me eating to soothe my anxiety. I have been allowing my feelings to rule instead of my common sense.

Welcome to all the newbies.

Carol in GA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    Heather - <3 Happy Birthday! <3 The seaside sounds like the perfect place to celebrate!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    So sad about the shooting in Las Vegas! :'(