WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2017

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    Along the subject of coupons, I wanted to give another hint. Its a bit unethical.... Just save the container, box or carton, of a name brand item! Then buy the store brand, and stick it in the name brand!! Voilà! I did that with Pop tarts! And my sons never knew!!! I have Donne that with cereals, as well. I am sneaky!
    Have a great day all!
    Becca
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Becca - lol. I used to do that with my kids all the time when we were on a tight budget. They swore the "store brand" never tasted as good so I bought one box of the national brand and after that just kept refilling it with the store brand. They never knew it until they were older. In fact one daughter didn't discover it until I told her when she was struggling with grocery prices. lol
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    Along the subject of coupons, I wanted to give another hint. Its a bit unethical.... Just save the container, box or carton, of a name brand item! Then buy the store brand, and stick it in the name brand!! Voilà! I did that with Pop tarts! And my sons never knew!!! I have Donne that with cereals, as well. I am sneaky!
    Have a great day all!
    Becca

Wehave mostly huge groceries in Ohio & they have cameras thru out,many in places you’d not think of.Had a neighbor who retired from grocery security. He had some stories to tell ,but not all were funny.

My good friend did that with several groceries when her kids wanted name brands,cereal & sandwich meat.Candy & all kinds of drinks....she put drinks in pitchers.

Thanks,Terryknew I was missing something!P. Pat
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Heather!!!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Heather!!! Love ya honey
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)<3Happy Birthday, Heather
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Argh. Will tune in tomorrow.
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Rye, I love the sign.

Terry
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    h6uxt7o97tgu.jpeg
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Heather. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
    Terry- I wish I had taken a before and after picture of my garden. Worked 4 hours today replanting purple iris, purple verbena and Mexican petunias. Still have one more big bed to clean and replant.
    I joined a Biggest Loser challenge in August and have really enjoyed it. Also lost 6.5 lbs so far.
    My goal for October is to keep doing what I'm doing. My new Fitbit really motivates me to get those steps every day.
    Welcome newbies. Glad you found us!!!
    SueBDew in TX

Ps I want Becca to make my birthday cake next year.
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Prayers for the victims and their families who were shot in Las Vegas. Undoubtedly it's a horrible thing to happen when people are out having fun. The killer was a murderer. He didn't snap. He had this methodically thought out, not a quick decision. Packing that many guns and ammo is heavy and he probably brought them in on a cart or made several trips.

You just wonder how many more and what frequency attacks will happen. It doesn't matter if its guns, pressure cooker bombs or explosives. They keep happening and we forget on go on with our business. The alternative is gun control, but the criminals will always have illegal guns. That's not the answer either.

I have a concealed carry license and I want the right to bear arms to protect myself as well as my family. Of course i know it is a great responsibility to carry and I hope I don't ever have to use my gun but if I'm put in a situation I will use it.

Just sayin
    Dans
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,038 Member
    Options
    4) Learn to do this for one breath cycle:

2nu0ar4rbcih.jpg

I started working on it last night, and I can get into position, after about 20 minutes of warming up/loosening up, but I can't hold it for any length of time. Baby steps.

I admire anyone who can do things like that.

I have no flexibility to speak of, and I badly separated my left shoulder a decade ago -- it has never been the same since, and certainly couldn't hold my weight.

• Machka9
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    Hello ladies!
    Have a great day all!
    Becca

Wehave mostly huge groceries in Ohio & they have cameras thru out,many in places you’d not think of.Had a neighbor who retired from grocery security. He had some stories to tell ,but not all were funny.

The closest grocery store to where I work is one you've really got to pay attention at ... you've got to check every single container to make sure it hasn't been opened and had one or two or half the items removed. People constantly go there to just help themselves.

• Machka9
    Options
    miakoda40 wrote: »
    When I turned 60 I met with friends in Las Vegas. we celebrated my birthday and each other. I was one of 3 people who cheered on the other 6 as they walked/ran in a 5K and or a half marathon. At that time I declared I would always be happy to be a cheerleader but I would NOT ever walk in a 5K. Yesterday almost 4 years later I completed my third 5K! When will I learn to never say never. LOL!

Mia in MI

Good for you!! :)