Minor rant

Options

Replies

• rdukes08
    rdukes08 Posts: 4
    Options
    I would not be offended by the comment. Some people are just ignorant and remember, you cannot turn ignorance on and off. :-) On the other hand, when I started losing weight, one concern of mine was that I did not want to look older than I am. For some people, as you get older, losing weight has a tendency to make you look older. (Not that weight loss is not a marvelous thing for many reasons, in particular, and most importantly, health reasons). However, no one wants to look older than they are if at all possible. Vain or not, it is what it is.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yes....telling someone you supposedly love he's fat is swelllll....after all the doctor said so! Doesn't matter what it may be doing to him mentally of emotionally.... After all, denigrating is in, amiright?
    No. Being able to accept and laugh at one's shortcomings is part of being an emotionally mature grownup. Anyone who can't has ego issues and is not finished growing up.

Sweetie, I laugh at all of MY shortcomings...I don't go an laugh at SOMEONE ELSE'S. Especially if that someone else isn't exactly comfortable with his/her shortcomings.

Joking is fine but both people have to be on the same page.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Gosh there are some really mean people on these boards. And I don't mean the OP.

I personally think it was kind of a set up too, she obviously wanted to judge you otherwise she wouldn't have wanted to look at the photo. Who knows why people do the things they do? In retrospect you probably should have followed your instincts and not shown the photo, I wouldn't even tell people about a weight loss journey just let them all assume you've always been fit. Because as seen on these boards not everyone feels the same way. It's noboby's business but your own.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Gosh there are some really mean people on these boards. And I don't mean the OP.

I personally think it was kind of a set up too, she obviously wanted to judge you otherwise she wouldn't have wanted to look at the photo. Who knows why people do the things they do? In retrospect you probably should have followed your instincts and not shown the photo, I wouldn't even tell people about a weight loss journey just let them all assume you've always been fit. Because as seen on these boards not everyone feels the same way. It's noboby's business but your own.

Tell me more about all the mean people.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Some people do look better with a tiny bit of excess weight, but not 200lbs. No one looks better at 200lbs than they do your size!

There are PLENTY of men who look damn fine at 200lbs. :angry:

Men are different from women. 200 is a fine weight for men, not for women.
    Unless she's 6'-plus and very muscular.

Women don't look good "very muscular"
    Plus, women don't have the hormones to bulk up(like men). The 200lb gook looking men are very bulky.

Nice. Thanks for your useless addition to this already very silly thread.
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    Lol @ all men over 200 pounds are fat, regardless of their body fat percentage.

Keep up the good work mfp.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Hey now...don't say MFP. Not everyone on MFP thinks like that. I'd hope this thread proved that as much as there is still a lot of ignorance to be found.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Most of MFP does not think this way...give some of us credit.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

I warned you.

Poor man travelled all the way over from bodybuilding.com, and y'all terrorize him the first day. Tsk tsk.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I only saw one person say that ...
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

We aren't all like that on here honest...sometimes the stupid on these forums just slips through the net so to speak....
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

:noway: :noway: :noway: :indifferent: :sick:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I warned you.

Poor man travelled all the way over from bodybuilding.com, and y'all terrorize him the first day. Tsk tsk.

bb.com is more logical than this place sometimes...

...and that's saying something.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Ummmm...... What is going on in here? :huh:
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This thread is a gift from the lunch time/break time gods. I wish I knew how to insert a popcorn gif.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Lots of this:

tp7UiIy.gif

With a side of this:

1362684294873.gif

and a smidge of this, for good measure:

PmBPK6g.gif
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

Understood.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    STILL NOT OK (the body shaming just FYI)

Repeat after me

I will not be a judgemental, body shaming .................

Here is the thing, if that person is in front of me, I wouldn't say a word. But that's not attractive to me still.

So it's poor form to say it to their face but perfectly fine to say it behind their backs?

I see what kind of person you are now. Thanks for making it crystal clear.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    STILL NOT OK (the body shaming just FYI)

Repeat after me

I will not be a judgemental, body shaming .................

Here is the thing, if that person is in front of me, I wouldn't say a word. But that's not attractive to me still.

So it's poor form to say it to their face but perfectly fine to say it behind their backs?

I see what kind of person you are now. Thanks for making it crystal clear.
    Or to their faces on the internet lol
This discussion has been closed.