Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    *LOOKS AROUND*

THEY JUST KEEP COMING!!!!!!

*goes back into hiding*
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    I hate people who try to put down others and bully them. I objectively looked at your pictures and I agree with your coworker that you looked younger and better with a little weight on you. I think if you gained about 15 pounds that would make you look a bit healthier than you do now. Judging from your pic I wouldnt say your fit. If I saw you on the street I would think you were sick or something. Just saying. Sorry if it is harsh. Did not mean it that way. I think the skinniest person is not always the "fitest"

If I saw you on the street, I wouldn't say you were fit, either. I would think "poor girl, she has a pretty face now if only she would drop about 40 pounds"

:wink: :bigsmile:

Bazinga_zps8d567571.jpg
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I hate people who try to put down others and bully them. I objectively looked at your pictures and I agree with your coworker that you looked younger and better with a little weight on you. I think if you gained about 15 pounds that would make you look a bit healthier than you do now. Judging from your pic I wouldnt say your fit. If I saw you on the street I would think you were sick or something. Just saying. Sorry if it is harsh. Did not mean it that way. I think the skinniest person is not always the "fitest"

If I saw you on the street, I wouldn't say you were fit, either. I would think "poor girl, she has a pretty face now if only she would drop about 40 pounds"

At least she has that. :flowerforyou:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Bazinga_zps8d567571.jpg
    Can we just rename this thread to bodyshame someone else in the thread?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Bazinga_zps8d567571.jpg

Actually nevermind.

Lashing out against body shaming with more body shaming just makes me just as bad.

tumblr_madbqw6C9p1qfrkf9o1_500.gif
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Did OP ever post the offending picture, where she supposedly looks better at >200 lbs?

That would be fascinating. I could understand maybe a slight body comp difference triggering that sort of comment, but not > 200.

FWIW, the current profile pic > telescope pic, IMO. Shrugs.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I didn't want to be the one to say it.
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    LOL. So its okay for someone to come in and skinny shame, but when someone shames a fat person it's not okay?

I only dished back out what she gave.

GOTCHA.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    If Ray's Wife wasn't married to Ray, I would marry Ray's wife. :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • Achrya
    Options
    LOL. So its okay for someone to come in and skinny shame, but when someone shames a fat person it's not okay?

GOTCHA.

Sigh. If you can't see the different in "In my opinion you look unhealthy' and 'At least you have a pretty face.' then you really really REALLY are more ignorant than I thought.

Nevermind that responded to body shame with body shame doesn't suddenly make you right. It makes you just as wrong as the person you perceive to be body shaming. It's very "Gosh pigs are dirty. Better roll around with them in the mud.".

And then you follow it up by implying the woman is ugly. Wow. You just go all out don't you?
  • Rays_Wife
    Options

Or does she? Who knows what pale, drawn sunken eyes she is hiding under all that makeup.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Or does she? Who knows what pale, drawn sunken eyes she is hiding under all that makeup.

You DO see what's wrong with what you're saying, don't you?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

GOTCHA.

You know, it's funny that people consider agreement with the woman in the OPs original story as "skinny shaming".

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands

Just saying.
  • Rays_Wife
    Options

GOTCHA.

Sigh. If you can't see the different in "In my opinion you look unhealthy' and 'At least you have a pretty face.' then you really really REALLY are more ignorant than I thought.

Nevermind that responded to body shame with body shame doesn't suddenly make you right. It makes you just as wrong as the person you perceive to be body shaming. It's very "Gosh pigs are dirty. Better roll around with them in the mud.".

And then you follow it up by implying the woman is ugly. Wow. You just go all out don't you?

Oh please. Your behavior in this thread is appalling. Be careful you don't hurt yourself when you fall off that high horse.
  • Achrya
    Options

Um, no. She's coming from a righteous place of moral correctness, which allows her to body shame and call people ugly without being as bad as the other people who do those things.

Oh please. Your behavior in this thread is appalling. Be careful you don't hurt yourself when you fall off that high horse.

And what have I done that's appalling? Told someone that body shaming is wrong? Brought up the OP's history and why people aren't here for her victim complex nonsense? Said that just because someone thinks the OP looked better heavier doesn't mean they are jealous and catty?

Go, find me one 'appalling' quote. I'll wait. Please be aware I never said word one about the OP's body or anyone's body. I never gave an opinion on the OP's appearance, but only on the reputation she has built for herself. I've even kept my own opinions to a minimum.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    STILL NOT OK (the body shaming just FYI)

Repeat after me

I will not be a judgemental, body shaming .................

Here is the thing, if that person is in front of me, I wouldn't say a word. But that's not attractive to me still.

So it's poor form to say it to their face but perfectly fine to say it behind their backs?

I see what kind of person you are now. Thanks for making it crystal clear.
    Or to their faces on the internet lol

I don't do that either. That'd be mean. Please don't put words in my mouth.

And yet you said (in this thread, mind you):
    Men are different from women. 200 is a fine weight for men, not for women.
    Women don't look good "very muscular"
    You think women look good with 18 inch arms?

And you specifically shamed this woman.

[/quote]
    women_bodybuilder_trainwreck_21_1_.jpg
    [/quote]

All of these are direct quotes. All of these are example of your rampant body shaming. Just because you aren't saying it to their faces or about a specific person (which you eventually did), saying what you said are clear examples.
  • Rays_Wife
    Options

OF COURSE I DO. Sounds horrible, huh? That is exactly what is happening to OP. People just keep comin on in, bashing away. I don't mean any of these things. I'm saying them to PROVE A POINT which none of you seem to get.
This discussion has been closed.