• prettyeyes668
    prettyeyes668 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started the newest Dean Koontz book The Big Dark Sky
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Listening to The Chemist, but Stephanie Meyers. I was hesitant since I saw some harsh reviews, but I am enjoying it. More in line with The Host than Twilight, which is my preference.
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    The Last Werewolf
    Glen Duncan
  • nelsondiane952
    nelsondiane952 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Short Story - Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes by Karin Slaughter. It should be required reading for high school and college age girls and their parents. Thriller, college-age girl, bar, abduction.
  • nelsondiane952
    Options
    Lonesome Dove. Only took me 37 years to get around to it. Still in the early chapters but understand why it won McMurtry a Pulitzer. Extraordinary character development.

I keep meaning to read this. I feel a trip to the library coming on

I just got the audiobook from the library...holy cow...34 HOURS! I love audiobooks while I've driving, walking, cooking, quilting, etc. This one will keep me busy for a while. Thanks for the recommendation of this classic.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Lonesome Dove. Only took me 37 years to get around to it. Still in the early chapters but understand why it won McMurtry a Pulitzer. Extraordinary character development.

I keep meaning to read this. I feel a trip to the library coming on

I just got the audiobook from the library...holy cow...34 HOURS! I love audiobooks while I've driving, walking, cooking, quilting, etc. This one will keep me busy for a while. Thanks for the recommendation of this classic.

it was so good. It’s not my usual genre and it was just amazing. Emotionally taxing in some ways.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    sfxkdatbt7ma.jpeg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    s-l500.jpg
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    s-l500.jpg

Welcome back
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    s-l500.jpg

Welcome back

multiple-battle-tanks-prints.jpg?wait=0&attempt=0

Tanks...... a lot.

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    “The Stand” by Stephen King and still working through “Cabinet of Curiosities” by Preston and child. Also listening to “Fellowship of the Ring”, narrated by Andy Serkis.

I have trouble focusing on one thing at a time in case you couldn’t tell. 📚 🐛
  • nelsondiane952
    Options
    Have you ever bought a used book from Better World Books? I'm curious to know if their buy/sell/shipping service is as good as they say? While I get most of my books and audiobooks from the library, sometimes I'd like to have a physical book on my shelf as a reference...without paying bookstore prices!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    "The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon" (David Grann)
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,314 Member
    Options
    “The Stand” by Stephen King and still working through “Cabinet of Curiosities” by Preston and child. Also listening to “Fellowship of the Ring”, narrated by Andy Serkis.

This past weekend, I came across a Netflix series Cabinet of Curiosities. Is it the same thing? It was weird to say the least.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    tuddy315 wrote: »

This past weekend, I came across a Netflix series Cabinet of Curiosities. Is it the same thing? It was weird to say the least.

I wondered the same thing when that popped up on Netflix for me. But no, they’re two different things. Was the Netflix series any good? I need something new to binge
  • AdahGreen2022
    AdahGreen2022 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Different
    Gender Through the Eyes of a Primatologist
    Franz de Waal
  • the_real_me_lissa
    the_real_me_lissa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    “Praise” by Sara Cate- it’s a 🌶️ one!
  • tuddy315
    Options
    tuddy315 wrote: »

I wondered the same thing when that popped up on Netflix for me. But no, they’re two different things. Was the Netflix series any good? I need something new to binge

Each show is its own short story and they are creepy. I have not watched all of them. I'm not so sure I will either!
  • tuddy315
    Options
    Hot Blooded - Lisa Jackson
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    41gPeD6bsSL._AC_SY780_.jpg

The one thing we learn from history is..... that we learn absolutely nothing from history.