What book are you reading?

Options
1127128129130131133»

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    Options
    Posting here because I am not currently reading anything but would love some suggestions. So if you see this and care to reply please do :)

I prefer ... and fantasy.

I'm a huge fan of Terry Brooks, his style of writing heavily influenced my own novels.
  • Traquette
    Traquette Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I finished Take your breath away (very good overall) and I needed a new audiobook asap for my next run alone yesterday so I chose another Linwood Barclay: No time for goodbye
    So far so good !

• jess2023mac
    jess2023mac Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Linwood Barclay is good!

I just finished a book my sister loaned me, 'Dewey', the library cat. Cute but not my usual kinda book.

I started a Lisa Gardner book, 'The Next Accident'.
  • jess2023mac
    jess2023mac Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A very recent and memorable read was Invisible Child by Andrea Elliott.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Posting here because I am not currently reading anything but would love some suggestions. So if you see this and care to reply please do :)

I prefer ... and fantasy.

I'm a huge fan of Terry Brooks, his style of writing heavily influenced my own novels.

I love the Knight of the Word series but the Shanara series does less than nothing for me. I'm sure someone will scream 'Heretic!!' momentarily but if I wanted to read Tolkien, I would just read Tolkien...but I don't.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

I prefer thrillers/suspense, interesting historical, and fantasy.

but I also have a weakness for self help books and romance!

I really like Illona Andrews. They (husband/wife writing team) do more urban fantasy, some post apocalyptic/alternate history. Some books have vampires and werew...therianthropes but not any way you've seen before. And they're funny and have some romance. Overall, a good time.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,389 Member
    Options
    @jess2023mac I have read every single book of Lisa Gardner's and loved them all. I especially like Rainey and Quincy!