Weight loss help

Options
I do 1 hour walk 50 min aerobics 40 min weights and 40 min walk.daily .and after that will eat 1000 cal food...is it the correct way to loose weight..i m tired of obesity now...i m 171 pounds..female age is 35 and height is155 cm..so i eat only once in a day..is it corect

Replies

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    1000 calories a day isn't enough so no, it's not correct.
    Put your stats into MFP. Tell MFP that you want to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Eat those calories.
    Eat back at least half of your exercise calories to fuel you.
    Weigh or measure everything you eat.
    If you do this, you'll lose weight.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Gibby349 wrote: »
    Too little if u eat too little ur body will hold onto fat because its starving

Nope - not true at all.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/761810/the-starvation-mode-myth-again/p1

Eating too little can help your body burn a higher % of existing lean muscle mass though.
  • jayemes
    Options
    Gibby349 wrote: »
    Too little if u eat too little ur body will hold onto fat because its starving

This isn't true. There's no such thing as "starvation mode". Starving people aren't chubby.
    If you don't fuel your body, you'll lose weight, but you will also lose important things like muscle, stamina, hair......
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Go to the other multiple threads you've posted. Read the responses. Follow the advice given. You're spending too much time looking for a quick fix when if you just follow the advice given you'd be well on your way by now. Eat what MFP gives you as a calorie goal plus at least some of your exercise calories. It makes no difference if you eat once a day or 10 times a day.
    ^^^^
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You have been posting more or less the same stuff since August. Please read the guides on this website telling you how to use it: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

You have it listed that you have lost 0 kgs so far. You started posting in August. If you read those posts, you probably would have lost at least 3 kgs by now.

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    No it's not correct. I'd offer specific advice, but it seems to fall on deaf ears, so to speak.

I'll just say that every time you have a question about weight loss, OP, you should tell yourself "Go back and read the responses to my threads."
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »
    Put your stats into MFP. Tell MFP that you want to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Eat those calories.

measuring solids and semi solids arent accurate. weighing is the most accurate. you could get by with measuring for a short time if you have a lot of weight to lose. but many arent very good at eyeballing and cups can be off when weighing solids by quite a bit. I learned that the hard way.
  • jayemes
    Options

measuring solids and semi solids arent accurate. weighing is the most accurate. you could get by with measuring for a short time if you have a lot of weight to lose. but many arent very good at eyeballing and cups can be off when weighing solids by quite a bit. I learned that the hard way.

You're absolutely right. I should have been more specific about the need to weigh all solids and only "measure" liquids.
    Maybe OP will listen to some of the advice this time and make the time typing worth it
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    leggup wrote: »
    You have been posting more or less the same stuff since August. Please read the guides on this website telling you how to use it: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

You have it listed that you have lost 0 kgs so far. You started posting in August. If you read those posts, you probably would have lost at least 3 kgs by now.

I agree with exactly what she said.
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I do 1 hour walk 50 min aerobics 40 min weights and 40 min walk.daily .and after that will eat 1000 cal food...is it the correct way to loose weight..i m tired of obesity now...i m 171 pounds..female age is 35 and height is155 cm..so i eat only once in a day..is it corect

You started out at 175 lbs according to your first thread back in August? If so, congrats, you've started your weight loss journey.

However, you've also mentioned in several previous threads that you were going on a low cal diet so I would have expected you to lose quite a bit more than 4 pounds in over 2 months already, especially if you are not eating back any exercise calories.

Does this mean that you were unable to sustain at such low calories (which a lot of sedentary people can't do so let alone active ones like you)?

If so, as what many have already recommended, you should increase your calories to a reasonable level (e.g. 1500 or 1600 net cals) such that you can eat, not feel tired or sluggish and still maintain a good weight loss every month. In order to find out what that reasonable calorie intake should be, you can use MFP tools or any other calculators out there which others have already pointed out to you.

Hope this helps and good luck!
  • 787aditi
    787aditi Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I fed my stats as sedentary, because my job is a desk job, but I workout(Zumba 50 minutes, 4 days a week, swimming 40 minutes once a week), so it showed I need to consume 1220 calories. I am unable to consume so many calories in net, after subtracting the ones from exercise. And since past two days, have been feeling weak. Any solutions? :/
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Jaxson0215 wrote: »
    I'm definitely not an expert but I know a 1000 calories a day I'd not enough. Eating once a day is not good. Your body thinks it's in starvation mode only eating once a day and is programmed to store everything you eat as fat because it thinks it has too because your not going to eat again for a long time. You should get in at least 1200-1500 calories minimum. 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. Definitely don't skip breakfast. In the gym a car mob of weight training and cardio. 30 minutes of each is good. Do your cardio last after you finish you weight training. Shoot for 1-2 lbs per week that's healthy. Any more you could be losing muscle instead of fat. Again I'm no expert but this is what's worked for me. Plus doing reading and researching the matter.

nope. you dont go into starvation mode eating only one meal a day. many here do OMAD and get their calories in for the day. you dont store fat or anything else in a deficit. breakfast is also not needed as many do IF. I dont eat breakfast and I lost/lose weight. meal timing/amount of meals has no relevance on weight loss. starvation mode doesnt exist and if she were really eating 100 calories,working out and not eating back exercise calories she would lose quickly, of course a lot of that would be lean mass as well as fat. but she would still lose.