I was FINALLY gonna talk to Hot Cafe Guy...

Options
13»

Replies

• NatashaDNMS
    NatashaDNMS Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was just reading thru some of the comments. I agree with some, disagree with others.

It's the 21st century. There's is nothing wrong with a woman approaching the guy. OP, I understand you're shy. Maybe make the first interaction casual. A smile as you pass by him. Use something from your surroundings to find a topic to talk to him about. Make a comment about the weather, anything really.

And if he ends up having a girlfriend, or whatever reason why he doesn't return the feelings, don't let that scare you away from the shop. Keep going. Let him see his rejection doesn't bother you. Still casually smile at him if/when your eyes meet.

Agree, there's nothing wrong with a woman approaching a man. But there are men out there, that like the chase and like to be the hunters rather than the prey. Old fashion or not, it's still their preference.
    In my opinion, if a man is into you, and is available, smiling at him a couple of times is enough for him to approach you. If he doesn't, he either is not available or is not into you. Or he doesn't have the balls, which also puts him in the no no category.

Very true, man. xD

• Christen850
    Christen850 Posts: 19 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    Sivadee00 wrote: »
    I often go to a particular local cafe to grade papers and lesson-plan. This one guy, henceforth known as Hot Cafe Guy, is *always* here. I never have the guts to talk to him for 2 reasons:
    1) He looks perpetually focused/angry.
    2) I am shy and insecure.

Today was going to be the day! Feeling confident, good hair-day, etc. I packed up my laptop and headed for the cafe. I knew in my gut that HCG would be there.

And he is here, of course!
    However...
    He is currently being chatted up by a lovely young brunette.
    This is literally the first time in a year that I’ve seen HCG smile.
    Guess I can focus on getting work done...

Looks can be deceiving. I fell in love with a tall handsome man once. He was also funny and popular. What I didn't know was that he was mentally unstable and a stalker.

so op is an unstable stalker?

No the hot guy is an unstable stalker

but in the story op is the one who comes to his workplace and knows his work schedule

I’m stalking him?
    Dude... the Hot Guy hangs out in this cafe literally *every evening*. I could go there any night of the week and dude is ALWAYS there. (I average 2 visits a week, on random days) So it’s more like I can’t avoid him!!

Also, he doesn’t work there, he *does his work* there - like I sometimes do. I’m grading papers; no idea what he’s doing. Usually staring sternly at his computer screen. :/

OP! I’m disappointed you didn’t talk to him yet

And I... am disappointed in myself. Sigh!

The cafe is closed on Sunday, but he’ll undoubtedly be there tomorrow evening. I always have papers to grade... (If I try to do work at home, I end up just watching reruns of The Office.) This gives me time to think of a good icebreaker! I can make sexy faces in the mirror and practice saying, “Come here often?” ;)
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    Sivadee00 wrote: »
    I often go to a particular local cafe to grade papers and lesson-plan. This one guy, henceforth known as Hot Cafe Guy, is *always* here. I never have the guts to talk to him for 2 reasons:
    1) He looks perpetually focused/angry.
    2) I am shy and insecure.

Today was going to be the day! Feeling confident, good hair-day, etc. I packed up my laptop and headed for the cafe. I knew in my gut that HCG would be there.

And he is here, of course!
    However...
    He is currently being chatted up by a lovely young brunette.
    This is literally the first time in a year that I’ve seen HCG smile.
    Guess I can focus on getting work done...

Looks can be deceiving. I fell in love with a tall handsome man once. He was also funny and popular. What I didn't know was that he was mentally unstable and a stalker.

so op is an unstable stalker?

No the hot guy is an unstable stalker

but in the story op is the one who comes to his workplace and knows his work schedule

I’m stalking him?
    Dude... the Hot Guy hangs out in this cafe literally *every evening*. I could go there any night of the week and dude is ALWAYS there. (I average 2 visits a week, on random days) So it’s more like I can’t avoid him!!

Also, he doesn’t work there, he *does his work* there - like I sometimes do. I’m grading papers; no idea what he’s doing. Usually staring sternly at his computer screen. :/

OP! I’m disappointed you didn’t talk to him yet

And I... am disappointed in myself. Sigh!

The cafe is closed on Sunday, but he’ll undoubtedly be there tomorrow evening. I always have papers to grade... (If I try to do work at home, I end up just watching reruns of The Office.) This gives me time to think of a good icebreaker! I can make sexy faces in the mirror and practice saying, “Come here often?” ;)

Spill hot coffee onto his lap and then ride with him all the way to the hospital. It will be a bonding experience and then you can offer to pay which makes it a date.

But seriously, Just give him a compliment. That's an easy opener.
  • 0murtagh0
    0murtagh0 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you sound desperate. (jokes) there are a lot more men in this world grow some or move on :D
  • 0murtagh0
    Options
    0murtagh0 wrote: »
    you sound desperate. (jokes) there are a lot more men in this world grow some or move on :D

grow some what?

Its an england saying ( grow some balls ) i.e go up to him. i.e stop flapping i.e time waits for no one.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

grow some what?

Its an england saying ( grow some balls ) i.e go up to him. i.e stop flapping i.e time waits for no one.

I think growing some balls may increase his chance of saying no but I don't know the guy

:lol:
  • 0murtagh0
    Options
    TOP DEFINITION
    grow some balls
    to act more mature to be a man
    I told him that he should grow some balls and tell me the truth/ he should ask her on a date.
    #mature#grow up#grow a backbone#be a man#act mature
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

grow some what?

I think growing some balls may increase his chance of saying no but I don't know the guy

Eh it's one of those things you don't mention until the 2nd or 3rd date.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    If he is hot looking , then I am pretty sure he gets hit on a lot ...
    Not someone you would want to get involved with , especially if you are insecure .
    save you're self from a heart break .

A lot of good looking people rarely get hit on because of people assuming that they must get hit on all the time, or because their looks make people feel intimidated.

At least 10 of us liked this because this is now our go-to theory as to why we’re never hit on.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Men do not like those who approach them. Well, most men. Men are chasers. The best you can do is offer mystery and be aloof.

It's 2017.

And 1/2
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    TOP DEFINITION
    grow some balls
    to act more mature to be a man
    I told him that he should grow some balls and tell me the truth/ he should ask her on a date.
    #mature#grow up#grow a backbone#be a man#act mature

Whoosh.
  • Christen850
    Christen850 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Ha... ha?