Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    anubis609 wrote: »
    "Hanging out in the shade of a tree" is the pinnacle of any celebrated day.. The only state in the US allowed to have that reference during December is probably Hawaii. Taking a random trip to a tropical island sounds really good right about now. Really, a nap sounds just as good.

Strawberries at my house, just sayin'... ;)

I like my loner Christmas too. The first one I ever did on my own was when I moved to the top of the country, middle of nowhere (I literally lived in a forest). Previous one had been hot on the heels of massive break up, so sucked to say the least, ones before that for many years had been spent running between two families in two different locations. I was more than happy to sit on a bean bag and read a book!! Haven't been home for Christmas since I moved away 11 years ago. I've done Orphans Christmas with friends in the evening the last couple of years, and hosted a few little close circle ones myself, but now that I'm in the country, I'm staying put!!

I will probably just make random nibbly things to eat. If anything gets cooked, it will be on the BBQ. Corn on the cob, halloumi, vege kebabs (with halloumi), y'know, traditional Christmas fare :tongue:

Temptress! :lol: Them berries tho..

A xmas bbq sounds really damn good. I'll make sure to get some at the buffet haha.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I do myself a full roast with all the trimmings. Because roast dinners are my absolute favourite thing in the whole world. I usually do the nibbly bits for NYE which I also do not partake of.

I expect it to be too hot for having the oven on. But then, you've experienced Christmas in NZ. I may be being overly optimistic.

Ha, yes. I only did one and it was pleasantly warm. We had a barbecue.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    You know, you all have inspired me. I am going to lobby hard for nibbles for Christmas day.

I suspect there will be a mutinous uprising from my children, though. Even though their ravioli tradition is all of about six years old, it's set in stone now as far as they're concerned.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    You know, you all have inspired me. I am going to lobby hard for nibbles for Christmas day.

I suspect there will be a mutinous uprising from my children, though. Even though their ravioli tradition is all of about six years old, it's set in stone now as far as they're concerned.

Ravioli as a dinner starter?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Going to have a very unique Christmas experience this year. Christmas in the Colonial Highlands of Mexico!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Going to have a very unique Christmas experience this year. Christmas in the Colonial Highlands of Mexico!

I am so *kitten* jealous of this. Please visit amazing archaeological sites and take photos for me :)
  • mmapags
    Options

I am so *kitten* jealous of this. Please visit amazing archaeological sites and take photos for me :)

Think of it this way, if we do end up moving there, you will have a base of operations to come and stay for archaeological visits!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

Think of it this way, if we do end up moving there, you will have a base of operations to come and stay for archaeological visits!

Squee!!!!
  • VintageFeline
    Options

In.
  • VintageFeline
    Options

Squee!!!!

There's always me 'n all. Though you wither share my bed or it's a blow up mattress in the lounge.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

Squee!!!!

There's always me 'n all. Though you wither share my bed or it's a blow up mattress in the lounge.

I do have great plans of making it to London, don't you worry!!
  • mmapags
    Options

Squee!!!!

And right in the geographical center of the country! About 4 hours bus trip from the Teotihuacan site. I was just listening to a podcast about this site on one of my Valley Forge walks over the weekend. You can apparently walk all the way to the top of the Pyramid of the Sun. But only partially up the Pyramid of the moon. They said it is the equivalent height of a 20 story building!
  • mmapags
    edited December 2017
    Options

In.

And you would be welcomed! And my lovely bride would feel that way even more than me. One of things she is most excited about is everyone who has said they would visit. She has a gift for genuine hospitality and a welcoming spirit.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Sorry, I'm just over here trying to deal with the tired that comes from being a mental insomniac (with tongue firmly in cheek, I can call myself mental, you can't! Oh okay, maybe you lot can).

In thread related news. I haven't hit a new low yet but Happyscale seems to think I am actually losing 1lb per week now. So we'll see. 'Bout to change that regardless because full diet break is imminent!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Ah yes, slightly tired here too. Resorted to taking a benzo last night even though I really didn't want to, because I need my brain to do brainy science things.

Weight is essentially back to start of diet break (so 700g up still from start of pred). Diet break is of course continuing until we see what's going on under the water weight. Actually made up for some of Tuesday's unintended deficit yesterday! My new blender is awesome, and can make even bigger shakes!! (I didn't, but I can, that's somehow comforting).

Meant to be stupid hot again today, and my little portacom lab heats up like a mofo, so there's probably not going to be much choice but to turn the air conditioning on. Also, my skin is now so photsensitive from antihistamines that sunblock has no chance (resorted to some on face, chest, back and arms yesterday, still stings, though not as bad, not sure it's possible to find one even more sensitive unless I go straight zinc, which I am willing to do if it means I can hike). Taking my parasol to work today for any outside wandering time, b/c sunhat is not enough. Maybe a sombrero?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Oh and my hay fever is making a strong comeback with the lower pred dose (not that it fully went away, but, y'know, there's a dune right behind my house covered in seeding grass...), so needless to say I'm a little terrified that the eczema is going to do the same once I'm fully off the pred :(. But for now, area around armpits actually looks like almost normal skin instead of Lizard Lady, neck and chest are not as red, but worse again after sun and sunblock yesterday, side of right thigh has some itchiness, but rash status is pretty good, seem to have gotten away with skipping dry scaly stage with pred and diligent emollient application.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Maybe look into Ultrasun if you can get it. It's what I use and it's ridiculously good. It's a once a day and I have never burned with it on, even in Florida and you know how I'm the whitest white person that ever whited. BUT I didn't get on with the face variety but may just be me. Made me breakout. But for you that may be the lesser of two evils.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Maybe look into Ultrasun if you can get it. It's what I use and it's ridiculously good. It's a once a day and I have never burned with it on, even in Florida and you know how I'm the whitest white person that ever whited. BUT I didn't get on with the face variety but may just be me. Made me breakout. But for you that may be the lesser of two evils.

Going to see if I can track down some Invisible Zinc (though I think my Sunsense Invisible is pretty similar). I'm a little wary of the nanoparticle thing. I know (thanks, science) it's not an issue for most people in terms of the particles getting through skin, but, defective skin barrier, so...

I think the inches of topical steroids and emollient don't help with absorption either (though do in effect give my skin its needed barrier), though I always leave a gap between applying those and then sunscreen. My getting ready routine take freaking forever. Topicals, let those sink in a bit, emollient, let that sink in, sunscreen if my skin is up to it, give that 20-30 mins to take effect...