Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    It doesn't feel as long as two months! How time flies. Still, new year means I can start looking forward to spring again.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    anubis609 wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    Thanks Lemon!! And thanks Anubis for doing the bulk of the work on that :)
    psuLemon wrote: »
    OP has been updated for those interested.

That update is all kinds of awesome. Whoever woo'ed it in a way that didn't mean it was awesome needs to be hit with some science.

The thread got woo'd long ago. Someone went on a wee spate at one point.

Many thanks to both you and Anubis for all you've both done in creating and expanding this thread! The best one ever!!

I feel like I could have mentioned something about overtraining/under eating... but I wasn't about to keep editing only to ADD MORE to it lol. And @Nony_Mouse deserves most of it for creating one of the better long-running threads. It's worth mentioning again; I just don't shut up :lol:

We probably could have just chucked the link to aggressive deficits and too much cardio from Bodycomposition.com in there. Oh well...it's the kind of thing that will get caught quickly if someone comes in with that background anyway.

How weird is it that I only started this sucker two months ago? And that it's still going strong!

Every time I see a flurry of posts in here I get scerred that someone will try to post some woo and start an argument and get the whole thing nuked! I keep meaning to scroll through and copy/paste all the links into a doc so I don't lose them if that happens. I should light a Christmas candle and wish for the long life of this humble receptacle of knowledge and hope :innocent:

Haha, I had that same fear early on when there was a mass flurry of activity overnight one time. I was all 'oh no, who broke my thread???!!!!'.

I think we've probably scared off all the hardcore woo believers at this point :p
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    It doesn't feel as long as two months! How time flies. Still, new year means I can start looking forward to spring again.

You're welcome to the 30 C I'm going to suffer with today if you'd like it. We're only on around 20 so far, actually quite pleasant in the shade!
  • VintageFeline
    Options

You're welcome to the 30 C I'm going to suffer with today if you'd like it. We're only on around 20 so far, actually quite pleasant in the shade!

I will take it. Actually, I should caveat it with if I also get air con. I love the heat but prefer it a bit cooler in reality because of how hot it gets in my flat. And my flat is also my home gym so things get VERY sweaty.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

I will take it. Actually, I should caveat it with if I also get air con. I love the heat but prefer it a bit cooler in reality because of how hot it gets in my flat. And my flat is also my home gym so things get VERY sweaty.

Yes, well, no air con unfortunately. And I live in a lovely solid pine house that has huge windows and holds the heat. I do have a ceiling fan that I'd forgotten about until yesterday though!! Oh, and right on queue, there goes my house doing massive creaks as the wood expands with the heat.

Also, air con dries my skin, so I'm screwed either way :D
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Oh, and try sweat combined with emollient cream for extra greasy grossness when you're working out!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Looking at who woo'd, id take them as good Woo's.

Then party on with some awesomeness!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Whilst many are miffed at the gain of pounds, I am actually celebrating the upwards swing. It seems to be working. A whole 2 lbs up and steady for two days, six days into surplus. Have upped my carbs today, gone all mega shake as well and downed my fats a bit and nausea seems to be abating. Phew...bodyfat percentage down...

I'm curious if I'd be okay doing a deliberate bulk now (not like right now). I've always said no freaking way, but I always gain a little in winter it seems, so I'm thinking next year I may as well put it to good use.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    God bless momma and papa and Tiny Tim and Mr. Scrooge and anubis609 and nony_mouse and all their refeed disciples amen.

I'm a combination of the Grinch and Scrooge. So I celebrate xmas with a Vegas break :D

nexangelus wrote: »
    Whilst many are miffed at the gain of pounds, I am actually celebrating the upwards swing. It seems to be working. A whole 2 lbs up and steady for two days, six days into surplus. Have upped my carbs today, gone all mega shake as well and downed my fats a bit and nausea seems to be abating. Phew...bodyfat percentage down...

I'm curious if I'd be okay doing a deliberate bulk now (not like right now). I've always said no freaking way, but I always gain a little in winter it seems, so I'm thinking next year I may as well put it to good use.

Bulking season coincides around this time, so you're in good company lol.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not very Christmassy.

This year my eldest niece (my Mini Me) isn't going home to my parents' for Xmas, so is spending the day with me. She announced the other day that she may have a new boyfriend in tow :| But she also said when I suggested maybe we should do some planning that she figured she'd just turn up with wine, so I think we'll be fine :D Hanging out in the shade of a tree sipping on bubbles sounds pretty much how Christmas should be in my book.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    I mostly do the loner thing at Christmas now (estranged from family) and I've come to quite enjoy it. I'll have the odd one with my closest friend and usually some of her OH's family (she's Canadian so no family here) when it's being hosted in London as it were. They sometimes go to someone out of London and me tagging along then would be really awkward, heh.

But it's the only day of the year that there's delicious, peaceful silence in my flat due to living on a busy road. So when I get an invite I feel like I have to say yes but quietly would like my day of silence instead!

I've had the invite this year but I think there's no family involved at hers this time. She's just qualified after retraining to become a midwife and unfortunately is on the night shift Christmas Eve so not really up for anything major on the day. I'll drive up and back down same day because Horatio is not to be trusted to be alone and hungry for any extended periods.

But now I'm in the selfish part of my dilemma and do I cancel so I can have my lovely quiet day at home. I'll see a bit closer to the time. Got the anniversary of losing Dave (cat, soulmate cat) on the 13th but it's also the 6 month anniversary of Horatio crashing into my life so we'll see how I deal with that!

Already fantasising about goose fat roast potatoes though.
  • anubis609
    Options
    "Hanging out in the shade of a tree" is the pinnacle of any celebrated day.. The only state in the US allowed to have that reference during December is probably Hawaii. Taking a random trip to a tropical island sounds really good right about now. Really, a nap sounds just as good.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    "Hanging out in the shade of a tree" is the pinnacle of any celebrated day.. The only state in the US allowed to have that reference during December is probably Hawaii. Taking a random trip to a tropical island sounds really good right about now. Really, a nap sounds just as good.

And Florida, though they are about to have a chilly snap. I could do with a beach right now.
  • anubis609
    Options

And Florida, though they are about to have a chilly snap. I could do with a beach right now.

Ah, you're right.. I forget about Florida, even if I've been there 2x, both around the late fall/hurricane season. Perhaps it was just the company I was with lol.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

Strawberries at my house, just sayin'... ;)

I like my loner Christmas too. The first one I ever did on my own was when I moved to the top of the country, middle of nowhere (I literally lived in a forest). Previous one had been hot on the heels of massive break up, so sucked to say the least, ones before that for many years had been spent running between two families in two different locations. I was more than happy to sit on a bean bag and read a book!! Haven't been home for Christmas since I moved away 11 years ago. I've done Orphans Christmas with friends in the evening the last couple of years, and hosted a few little close circle ones myself, but now that I'm in the country, I'm staying put!!

I will probably just make random nibbly things to eat. If anything gets cooked, it will be on the BBQ. Corn on the cob, halloumi, vege kebabs (with halloumi), y'know, traditional Christmas fare :tongue:
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    I do myself a full roast with all the trimmings. Because roast dinners are my absolute favourite thing in the whole world. I usually do the nibbly bits for NYE which I also do not partake of.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    I do myself a full roast with all the trimmings. Because roast dinners are my absolute favourite thing in the whole world. I usually do the nibbly bits for NYE which I also do not partake of.

I expect it to be too hot for having the oven on. But then, you've experienced Christmas in NZ. I may be being overly optimistic.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Also, really hungry from that 670 cal deficit yesterday...