Of refeeds and diet breaks

Replies

• Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Absolutely stuffed and still got 500 to go, had wonderful brisket (grass fed organic yada yada)

Gonna have a flapjack to complete daily calories
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    My body is glycogen replenishing HARD. Or I failed to moderate that giant box of chocolates amongst other things and now have some impressive bloat going on. You decide. Pass the detox tea! What? I need to be nice and clean for all the roast tatties imma eat on Monday.........

Totes glycogen.

I am puddling around trying to get things ship shade for Christmas guests. Removed the outer ring of stones on the fire circle in my backyard (debating whether to keep as fire circle, or turn into little garden bed) so I could mow the overgrown grass sprouting through them, vast improvement! Moved the weeds I pulled the other day to a hidden area at the very back of the property. Still need to pick up all the fern fronds (I had planned to put these in the wood shed until after our five days of rain next week before laying them in the gardens), but that's now down to a day and a half of showers. Think I will still wait and see how much water Mother Nature provides). I need to tidy the house and vacuum, and pop to the next town to pick up my Fitbit strap (though still debating leaving that until next week, that shopping centre complex will be madness today). Will pull more weeds from the gardens tonight.

I would like to strength train today, and preferably before it gets any hotter, but it's honestly not top of the priority list. I'm just feeling soft and squishy from the lack.

Christmas forecast is still holding tight.

Oh, and my great plan to get to market early today was also everyone else's great plan.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2017
    I marketed today. It was a nightmare. I spent 20 minutes negotiating a parking lot. This wasn't the sort of driving around looking for a spot sort of deal either. It was simply a matter of entering at one end and needing to get to a store at the shopping center that was at the other end. Frightful.
  • Nony_Mouse
    I marketed today. It was a nightmare. I spent 20 minutes negotiating a parking lot.

My market is a 10 minute walk from home thankfully!! And that is exactly why I don't want to go pick up that Fitbit strap. I don't think I really need anything else from there, so best to save myself the angst. Driving in that town is a nightmare at the best of times.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I had the same negotiations with a parking lot on Wednesday. The kicker being they had blokes at the entrance directing people in when clearly there weren't enough spaces. And I pissed someone off because I think I nabbed their space by swinging down a one way system the wrong way for a space two in from the end (so I barely went the wrong way). As I was just pulling in a big 4x4 hit his horn and then camped out behind me for a few minutes. Sorry mate, snooze you lose!

I have set my alarm for tomorrow morning so I can get in and out of the supermarket as early and as easily as possible. I really wish I didn't care and could be content with frozen veg but nope, I have to go into the fray two days before Christmas because I need my fresh veg. And a pudding. Got to have pudding. Sorry, dessert. I'm a commoner, I eat pudding (which isn't a specific thing like in the US, it's a catch all).

• GottaBurnEmAll
    So, Nony's dress pictures got me to get up the courage to post this one. I'm doing Rent the Runway for the dress that I'm wearing to Hamilton next week (OMG I get to see Hamilton in London!), and while I never do anything this slinky, OMG I love it. I can't tell if it makes my hips look big, or just actually gives me a waist, but oh, it does look fantastic. (And no apologies for the unmade bed. ;)

nv2sxr7us5de.jpg

Oh, that's lovely and looks great on you. I really like that color too. Lucky you seeing Hamilton in London!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    So, Nony's dress pictures got me to get up the courage to post this one. I'm doing Rent the Runway for the dress that I'm wearing to Hamilton next week (OMG I get to see Hamilton in London!), and while I never do anything this slinky, OMG I love it. I can't tell if it makes my hips look big, or just actually gives me a waist, but oh, it does look fantastic. (And no apologies for the unmade bed. ;)

nv2sxr7us5de.jpg

Oh, that's lovely and looks great on you. I really like that color too. Lucky you seeing Hamilton in London!

The color is the entire reason I got it. They sent out a promo email about jewel holiday colors, and I saw the dress, and had that moment of "I need to have this now."
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    edited December 2017
    I had the same negotiations with a parking lot on Wednesday. The kicker being they had blokes at the entrance directing people in when clearly there weren't enough spaces. And I pissed someone off because I think I nabbed their space by swinging down a one way system the wrong way for a space two in from the end (so I barely went the wrong way). As I was just pulling in a big 4x4 hit his horn and then camped out behind me for a few minutes. Sorry mate, snooze you lose!

I have set my alarm for tomorrow morning so I can get in and out of the supermarket as early and as easily as possible. I really wish I didn't care and could be content with frozen veg but nope, I have to go into the fray two days before Christmas because I need my fresh veg. And a pudding. Got to have pudding. Sorry, dessert. I'm a commoner, I eat pudding (which isn't a specific thing like in the US, it's a catch all).

I don't know if it's the same where you are, but around here, a good majority of the people who drive 4x4's act and drive as if they think that having such a vehicle grants them special privileges. Usually, the more expensive the 4x4 is, the more apparent this effect is.
  • Nony_Mouse
    @collectingblues - you look fab! No big hips and a definite waist :)

@VintageFeline - of course it's pudding.

I was going to get GF fruit mince pies, but not at bloody $12 for six.

I think I am done with food shopping. I have: halloumi, corn on the cob, asparagus and portabella mushrooms (which will have blue cheese put on them) for the BBQ. I think we are also doing BBQ roast potatoes. Cherry liqueur chocs, Terry's choc orange and scorched almonds, blueberries, cherries and watermelon, Xmas snack/energy balls (aka truffles), avocado to make guacamole, Kayla is getting GF corn chips for me cos cheaper in the city, making the pav here tomorrow, and also bringing cheeses and all the booze. Did we forget something?
  • dancefit2015
    dancefit2015 Posts: 236 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    Second day of higher calorie eating has been harder, it's 8.20pm and I should eat 650 cals more. Have to find some energy dense foods I guess coz I'm not hungry eating these filling, healthy foods that I have been on whilst dieting hard.

Anyway, here's a question:

with 73lb to target weight, how much more should I drop using deficit calories before switching to recomposition?

I was thinking of dropping another 40 to 45lbs then switching to recomp

It's best to go on BF% - not super accurate, but good estimate.
    12-15% higher end to start.

Otherwise you get some negatives regarding insulin and uptake that just doesn't benefit the attempted muscle building.

What % range would you recommend for women?
  • Nony_Mouse

I don't know if it's the same where you are, but around here, a good majority of the people who drive 4x4's act and drive as if they think that having such a vehicle grants them special privileges. Usually, the more expensive the 4x4 is, the more apparent this effect is.

Here, the 4x4's are often driven by old people (we have a high elderly population in both towns, cos nice weather, average age in my little town is 65). These people are also terrible drivers.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Oh and I have premium vanilla bean ice cream, berry sorbet and chocolate gelato. The latter two may as well get eaten so they're not tempting me with their stupid histamines (they usually go in my protein shakes).
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Well, I decided to take today off of work, so my holiday weekend has officially began! I celebrated by sleeping until 2:30 and then settling in from of the tv with a big pot of chai. Lovely. We went out the last couple of nights but just for drinks, not dinner. Three nights in a row is a bit much, but I’d kind of love a nice meal out. My husband cooked the last couple of nights and it was great, but it’s just not quite the same.

I weighed myself after getting up today and am up a little more than a pound from a couple of days ago - not nearly as much as I’d been expecting, but I suppose I haven’t been eating low carb and have had my regular feast/refeed days all along, so this isn’t too big of a change.
  • collectingblues
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    @collectingblues - you look fab! No big hips and a definite waist :)

@VintageFeline - of course it's pudding.

I was going to get GF fruit mince pies, but not at bloody $12 for six.

I think I am done with food shopping. I have: halloumi, corn on the cob, asparagus and portabella mushrooms (which will have blue cheese put on them) for the BBQ. I think we are also doing BBQ roast potatoes. Cherry liqueur chocs, Terry's choc orange and scorched almonds, blueberries, cherries and watermelon, Xmas snack/energy balls (aka truffles), avocado to make guacamole, Kayla is getting GF corn chips for me cos cheaper in the city, making the pav here tomorrow, and also bringing cheeses and all the booze. Did we forget something?

That's it, I'm moving to the southern hemisphere. I like your Christmas meals much better.
  • VintageFeline

Absolutely the same, especially given we are not a nation designed for giant cars given the age of our roads, they were not meant for ridiculous oversized vehicles! And yet they grow ever more in popularity, never seeing so much as a muddy puddle.
  • VintageFeline

nv2sxr7us5de.jpg

The color is the entire reason I got it. They sent out a promo email about jewel holiday colors, and I saw the dress, and had that moment of "I need to have this now."

I am very very jealous of you seeing Hamilton. If I wasn't a horrible agoraphobic public transport anxietyer I'd make a much more concerted effort to see it but hopefully I'll get there eventually! I finally got to see Book of Mormon and Curious Incident so there is hope.
  • VintageFeline
    And I am probably not going to go up to my friend for Christmas day, the combination of a two hour round trip and putting on a face (to very lovely people who don't bat an eye at little orphan me gatecrashing family gatherings!) mean it's just not something I can do and guarantee I am safe doing that driving.

But I have a stonking meal planned, including bread sauce I made earlier this week (and will portion and freeze for continued consumption) and I shall no doubt be pleasantly sozzled whilst watching the rest of Feud.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

Absolutely the same, especially given we are not a nation designed for giant cars given the age of our roads, they were not meant for ridiculous oversized vehicles! And yet they grow ever more in popularity, never seeing so much as a muddy puddle.

I hate 4'wds, they block people in normal cars view, they're a frickan menace! But the biggest annoyance is, why buy one when your monstrous car will never see a dirt track and you have no intention of ever going 4 wheel driving?? :rage:
  • collectingblues

nv2sxr7us5de.jpg

I am very very jealous of you seeing Hamilton. If I wasn't a horrible agoraphobic public transport anxietyer I'd make a much more concerted effort to see it but hopefully I'll get there eventually! I finally got to see Book of Mormon and Curious Incident so there is hope.

I feel so lucky about it. I'd checked just on a whim -- a friend had posted about the lottery -- and there was a ticket at a decent price for my last night there. I figured the cost would be the same as a tour ticket in 2018, so it was really a once in a lifetime opportunity.