Of refeeds and diet breaks

Replies

• Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Happy Christmas everyone, just getting ready for lunch in about 5 hours

May go over maintenance today
  • Terebynthia
    Terebynthia Posts: 75 Member
    Jugged hare is depressurising. Home from mum and stepdad's, which was roast lamb and waay too much red wine. Goose is lurking in the wine cellar :D

I've always wanted to try rabbit and goose both, but they aren't easy to come by around here. I can get a frozen goose at the local grocery, but I've heard that goose is very greasy, and I hate to pay what they cost to try it only to find out I don't like it.

Goose does throw an awful lot of fat - I make a virtue out of necessity when roasting it and strain it all off and freeze it in ice cube trays to make goose fat roast potatoes throughout the year - I usually get a couple of litres of fat. It's a lot richer taste than chicken or turkey. I like it, but it's hard to keep the breast moist. I'll start it upside down and then flip it, and cover the legs in foil. A breast does the 2 of us, with the second breast frozen for leftover sandwiches once we are back from holiday. The legs and other meat usually gets stripped and used in a curry or something.

Rabbit is very low fat and very tasty. A bit like chicken I guess?
  • Rickster1967
    Rabbit is my favourite meat
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Ima vote roasted lamb.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Right, a little dehydrated (though not much, go the vodka and soda, and also measuring my pours), weight down 400g. I figure once hydration comes back up and food weight vacates it will about even out. I'm just going to call 'the goal number' that my range centres around 60.5 at this point, I'm essentially just bouncing back and forth a few hundred grams either side of that now I think.

I did end up doing a vague for funsies log, came out about 500 cals over TDEE (which was 2900), which basically just balances out the previous two days that I was under (cos that's how maintenance works, y'all!).

I suspect I am being left with the remaining pavlova, which is over half of it, but that's okay, the actual pav is only ~200 cals for a decent slice, just need to estimate the cream on top, and everyone knows fruit has no calories so I'm good there. Motherlode of chocolate back in my cupboard. Will send remaining corn chips and potato chips home with Kayla, cos I bought some too and really don't need more!
  • Terebynthia
    Terebynthia Posts: 75 Member
    I had roast goose, stuffing, a roast potato (I cooked carrots for the hubby), cauliflower cheese, butter fried sprouts with chestnuts, a pig in a blanket and iberico ham. Am amazed it's only 1000 cal over maintenance. Amazing how logging it helps with the excesses. Goose now stripped and in the freezer :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    So I'm going to repeat Weeks 1-4 of Strong Curves, because a) I've barely trained the past three weeks, and b) I know I wasn't really pushing myself enough on increasing resistance. Planning some nice vinyasa flow yoga this evening as a soft reentry to remind my muscles they're expected to do things, then will pick up at the level of resistance/reps I was up to and go from there.

Latest body fat estimates are in from my scrutineers (thanks @mmapags, @VintageFeline, @AnvilHead, and @Anubis609!!). I'm calling it 24% cos that's sub 25 :tongue: Lower bod needs to lean out some more, let's just cross fingers that the fat comes off there!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    @Nony_Mouse I can't wait for the day someone figures out a scientific way to tell your body where to take the fat from. Way more useful than a lot of other stuff they are researching lol.

My parents got me Powerblocks for Christmas very exciting as my current dumbbells aren't heavy enough and taking up lots of room!

Instead of a pie, my SIL made a Bouche de Noel (sp?) and it was crazy sweet and heavy. I feel like I have a bowling ball in my belly, hope it isn't too cold to take a long walk in the AM.

Congrats at getting under 25! Onward and upward :drinker:
  • Nony_Mouse
    I reaaaallllllly want to do this: https://www.wildthings.club/trails/wellington/paekakariki/whareroa-akatarawa-loop/

It would be my longest hike to date, though I've gotten close a couple of times (42km and 39, the 39 being pretty hilly). I reckon as a walk, with maybe some running, I could knock it off in 12-13 hours (yes, I would be fairly exhausted at the end!), so definitely needs to be done soon to have enough light, or left until next summer.
  • Rickster1967
    Buche de Noel = Christmas log
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I know I was over big time yesterday. I limited myself to 1 muffin and 1 bowl of fruit salad, but that muffin was probably technically 2 servings considering its size, and then I probably had a full serving of mom's stuffing throughout the morning, waiting on dinner to finish. Oh, and there was the slice of angel food cake......though I made that in a lower sugar version, using pyure stevia for the granulated sugar, and we used cool whip and cream cheese with unsweetened coconut for the icing, so at least that was way lower calories than mom's usual version - the original recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and 1 cup of granulated. I left the powdered sugar in it, but did away with the 1 cup of regular sugar. Mom would then usually ice it with butter cream icing (the recipe calls for 3 cups of powdered sugar!) and sweetened coconut flakes, so I figure I had to have really saved some serious calories and sugar in my version!

We didn't eat until 4, and while I only let myself have 1 plate full, I was definitely over eating - I have a huge weakness for stuffing! And then we picked a little afterwards, and I had a bowl of banana pudding before heading home.

So basically, I'm right back where I was or perhaps a little more at the end of my diet break :( I'm having the worst time this month getting back on track! Hopefully, when I finally get moved into my house and have my own kitchen after new years, I'll be able to finally get things reined back in. That last 5-6 lbs before hitting the 100 lbs loss mark is driving me insane as its being so stubborn in coming off!

BTW: can anyone recommend some good non-yoga stretching exercises? I've been really stiff lately and could definitely stand to limber up!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Well, technically, all stretches also feature in yoga. Just go on Youtube and do a search. You can specify stretching as opposed to yoga. I'm assuming you don't want to "flow", so a stretching video will cut that out and just move stretch to stretch.