Unfrosted Pop-tarts

Options
12346»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    cwju98g6bfuv.png

the exception... has anyone tried these???

I have. They were fine but disappointing. I found them a little dry and they didn't get crisp enough to really say "pretzel" to me. But as someone who considers pretzels one of the major foundational food groups, I might be a little picky :blush:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    cwju98g6bfuv.png

the exception... has anyone tried these???

I have. They were fine but disappointing. I found them a little dry and they didn't get crisp enough to really say "pretzel" to me. But as someone who considers pretzels one of the major foundational food groups, I might be a little picky :blush:

I have been wanting to try these so I am glad to see the reviews by you guys. Looks like I am not missing out on much.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,412 Member
    Options
    (Curmudgeon mode: on)

This seems like first-world food science at its most hyper-palatable:

"We have this super-sweet and kinda high-fat food. How can we extend the brand?"
    "I've got it: Let's add something salty!"
    "Yaaaaay!"

"We have this super-sweet, kinda high fat, plus salty food. How can we extend the brand?"
    "I've got it: Let's add chocolate!" (Coming soon: Chocolate, brown-sugar, pretzel pop-tarts).
    "Yaaaay!"

"We have this super-sweet, kinda high fat, salty, chocolatey food. How can we extend the brand?"
    "I've got it: Let's add bacon!" (Coming in 2023, or thereabouts . . . .)
    "Yaaaaay!".

Murca: Where every sweet adds salt and bacon; every bacon adds carbs and extra sugar/chocolate; everything eventually becomes some kind of candy bar. Maybe with marshmallows and butter.

Am I saying this is wrong? Nope. I'm just saying. ;)

(end curmudgeon)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    (Curmudgeon mode: on)

This seems like first-world food science at its most hyper-palatable:

"We have this super-sweet and kinda high-fat food. How can we extend the brand?"
    "I've got it: Let's add something salty!"
    "Yaaaaay!"

"We have this super-sweet, kinda high fat, plus salty food. How can we extend the brand?"
    "I've got it: Let's add chocolate!" (Coming soon: Chocolate, brown-sugar, pretzel pop-tarts).
    "Yaaaay!"

"We have this super-sweet, kinda high fat, salty, chocolatey food. How can we extend the brand?"
    "I've got it: Let's add bacon!" (Coming in 2023, or thereabouts . . . .)
    "Yaaaaay!".

Murca: Where every sweet adds salt and bacon; every bacon adds carbs and extra sugar/chocolate; everything eventually becomes some kind of candy bar. Maybe with marshmallows and butter.

Am I saying this is wrong? Nope. I'm just saying. ;)

(end curmudgeon)

LOL, so true! :D

I am surprised cheezits havent done a chocolate or caramel cheezit. (like cheese and caramel chicago popcorn)
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I was an adult in college before I realized that people EVER ate Pop Tarts without butter. Frosted or unfrosted, I grew up buttering them. Now I’m 33 and I probably haven’t eaten a Pop Tart in like 5 or 6 years. Makes me want to buy some to relive my childhood.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I was an adult in college before I realized that people EVER ate Pop Tarts without butter. Frosted or unfrosted, I grew up buttering them. Now I’m 33 and I probably haven’t eaten a Pop Tart in like 5 or 6 years. Makes me want to buy some to relive my childhood.

Until reading this thread I had no idea people buttered pop tarts, and I'm 37. I guess you do learn something new every day.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »

Until reading this thread I had no idea people buttered pop tarts, and I'm 37. I guess you do learn something new every day.

lol is it a regional thing??
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    fr9gbqhxgcpa.png

still my favorite.
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I tried a pop-tart years ago and found the experience less than gratifying. Taste and consistencies reminded me of an Amazon Prime corrugated box. The ink does add a distinctive flavor to the cardboard, and the glue that holds the tape on the box is much like the PT filling. 😜🤣🤣
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    I tried a pop-tart years ago and found the experience less than gratifying. Taste and consistencies reminded me of an Amazon Prime corrugated box. The ink does add a distinctive flavor to the cardboard, and the glue that holds the tape on the box is much like the PT filling. 😜🤣🤣

Pop tarts are definitely not my meal of choice haha
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

I don’t think I’d enjoy pop tarts if I didn’t have such a strong nostalgic relationship with them. I remember my brother and I toasting them and putting butter on them. Probably one of my first memories of preparing food on my own and using a kitchen appliance.
  • pancakerunner
    Options

I don’t think I’d enjoy pop tarts if I didn’t have such a strong nostalgic relationship with them. I remember my brother and I toasting them and putting butter on them. Probably one of my first memories of preparing food on my own and using a kitchen appliance.

I 100% think the only people who buy poptarts are the ones who have that nostalgic tie haha
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,412 Member
    Options

I 100% think the only people who buy poptarts are the ones who have that nostalgic tie haha

You don't think this thread (among many others) provides solid evidence that there are people who actually actively enjoy eating foods that are (objectively, in my/your/various others' subjective opinions) truly terrible tasting?

Okay. :lol:
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options

I've never even heard of doing that until it was mentioned on Family Guy :D Judging by the popularity on this thread, I think I need to try it!