How do you choose a salad over a Big Mac?

Options
McDonald's has always been a nemesis for me. I have stood in line, pondering if I should get a salad or McWrap instead of a Big Mac. 99.97% of the time, I choose the Big Mac....I did get the McWrap once. What I am looking for is "decision process information" that helps you choose the salad. What I mean by "decision process information" is any thoughts or reasonings that you have that lead to the decision to eat the salad.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I don't like the Big Macs, but I do the quarter pounder. Decision process made way ahead of time before I got to McDonalds. And I would not being to going to McDonalds for the salad or a wrap, it would be for the burger.

eta Spare of the moment drive thru's don't happen with me anymore. But if I have to, my cals left for the day are the driving force behind choice.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    May be just thinking what you want, do you want the Big Mac and to stay your current size, or do you want to make a short term sacrifice, knowing that in the long term going for the salad will help you loose weight.

However, a different strategy that may be more successful is to have just the Big Mac, but have it with out fries, and only drink a diet soda. Make sure you log your food accurately, and you can build if into that days calorie allowance.