How do you choose a salad over a Big Mac?

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    McDonald's has always been a nemesis for me. I have stood in line, pondering if I should get a salad or McWrap instead of a Big Mac. 99.97% of the time, I choose the Big Mac....I did get the McWrap once. What I am looking for is "decision process information" that helps you choose the salad. What I mean by "decision process information" is any thoughts or reasonings that you have that lead to the decision to eat the salad.

I wouldn't. I would only go to McDonald's if I had enough calories and thr right macros for a big mac and fries (or whatever my meal of choice there was)
  • fjpatten
    fjpatten Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My McDonald's order on the rare occasion I go is 2 small hamburgers (2 × 250 calories) and kids fries (100 calories). This fills me up and doesn't derail my deficit. When I go somewhere I know doesn't have any good options for my goals I simply leave.
    You are in charge of what you consume. I could blow my whole daily allowance on a burger but what good is that when it will set me back in my goals. I've changed my thinking from short term gratification to long term gains.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    UUUGGGG - read what really is in McD burgers. It's disgusting. That was enough to turn me off for good.

In the UK they are made of 100% beef...

In the US, too. But ever since the "pink slime" nonsense people have been trying to claim various other ~scary~ additives that don't exist.

The definition of "pink slime" I heard from someone who was fearmongering was just a needlessly gross explanation of what ground meat is...

That's really all it was. It was a great way to avoid food waste by cleaning the useable meat left on the bone. But it looked scary so they were forced to start wasting meat again.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I just plan for the Big Mac....and nuggets....and water. I don't go to McDonald's for a salad.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I usually pick the salad. All things equal, I’d take the Big Mac, but in my mind things aren’t equal. I do believe that micronutrients are important, so the idea that there’s more nutrition per calorie in a salad helps. Also, it’s not my last chance at a Big Mac. I tell myself that I can get one next time, if I must. Occasionally, I opt for a burger or something. Usually, when I’m on vacation, or with friends. For the most part, it’s just food to me. I know not everyone thinks this way, and that fine. It’s just why I tend to pick the salad and don’t issues w it.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I used to eat fast food every day and then i just committed to myself. I learned to cook and stopped eating fast food entirely.

Soon as i adjusted to this process, fast food wouldn't even feel appealing. I went from having it every day to not having it for years.

I lost the bulk of my weight in under 7 months. I went from 265 to 200 in that time (overall i went from 285 to 190). You just need to decide what you want more. Consistency leads to results and each day it gets much easier.