How do you choose a salad over a Big Mac?

Options

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I won’t be able to help with this one. I have a wheat allergy so I couldn’t eat a Big Mac even if I wanted one.

Occasionally I do go to a place locally that has huge burgers I can eat though, and when I do I go all out. I just plan for it and adjust the days around it.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I don't. If I want a Big Mac, I get a Big Mac.

But lately, only reason I stop @ McD's is if I'm pressed for time, and it ends up being a 20 piece chicken nuggets plain ... about the only stock item that isn't horrible LCHF macros. I eat half, and save the rest for a 2nd meal.
  • NicoleMckenzie2017
    NicoleMckenzie2017 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    For the past year or so I have been a fast food junkie.. Not because I can't cook but because it's fast and more convenient. I feel like through these past few months through my fitness journey I have made a point to be mindful- and to really think about where I'm choosing to get my food from. Sure it's quick and easy to go to Mcdonalds and get a fast bite to eat- but I always stop and think about what is going to fuel my body. It was SO hard for a few weeks but I slowly started finding new, healthy spots to eat at that didn't leave me feeling guilty. Jason's Deli, Panera, MAD Greens, local bistros, etc have become my common spots. Not really great advice but that's what I've found has helped me. :)
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    If I go to a fast food place, then I'm getting whatever I want. Burger King? Chicken Fries and maybe a small fries if I have the room for it. McDonalds? Quarter pounder with cheese. I'll make sure it fits into my calories beforehand, like whenever I eat out. If I want to eat a salad, I just don't go to a fast food place since I know I'll be tempted to get something else. Instead I'll go to Sprouts or somewhere similar.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Watch the film "Supersize Me"- you may lose your desire for Mcdonalds. Fast food grosses me out but I can understand why people like it.

I've never seen it. Can you give me a breakdown? I haven't heard much positive about it.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Watch the film "Supersize Me"- you may lose your desire for Mcdonalds. Fast food grosses me out but I can understand why people like it.

I've never seen it. Can you give me a breakdown? I haven't heard much positive about it.

Cliff's Notes: As with anything pertaining to diet/nutrition, context and dosage matter. If you eat a consistently stupid overall diet, you'll get fat and unhealthy.

giphy.gif
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I had to avoid fast food for a while after I started. It was just too tempting to overeat and not mind my calories. After a while, I incorporated a few places where it was easier to make good choices, like Chick-fil-a. The only thing I have bought at McDonald's in over a year is a cup of coffee. The fries are just too tempting.

Fast food was a serious vice for me...one of the toughest habits I had to change.