Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why are most mfp users against holistic nutrition?

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    (I thought it was a joke.)

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_5?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=taleb+black+swan&sprefix=taleb,aps,211&crid=2VPAJ1YGX63I3

Here's a joke on the subject

A mathematician, a physicist, and an engineer are riding a train through Scotland.

The engineer looks out the window, sees a black sheep, and exclaims, "Hey! They've got black sheep in Scotland!"

The physicist looks out the window and corrects the engineer, "Strictly speaking, all we know is that there's at least one black sheep in Scotland."

The mathematician looks out the window and corrects the physicist, " Strictly speaking, all we know is that is that at least one side of one sheep is black in Scotland."

Love it!
  • Sp8zmanSpiff
    Sp8zmanSpiff Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, Not sure if the OP is even reading this anymore.

I see you are having a crisis of faith during class where you are learning things and trying to balance what you are learning with what you have learned/observed in the world.

After the class is over, you will be expected to apply what you have learned in the class. This may be difficult if you do not believe in the what is being taught.

I had not heard of Leaky Gut Syndrome and looked it up on the Internet and was eventually guided to a Wikipedia page listing of pseudoscientific beliefs and that page included Leaky Gut Syndrome, among others that I knew about, like ear-candling, and others that I thought were real, like Meyers-Briggs Personality Types (INTJ here).

What is your motivation for taking the class? Maybe there is another class you can take if you want to help people become healthy through diet choices.

Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.