Cyclists

Options

Replies

• MsChewMe
    MsChewMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have 20yo mtb that is pretty beat up(lots of crashes), I’m not worried about anyone stealing it. It’s super ugly. I may strip it down to the frame, paint it and get new parts. My project bike.

I’m looking for a new bike however, nothing too fancy with front suspension which my old one does not have. We have lots of open space with hills for riding.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    nelja wrote: »
    80zn6jbve5t7.png

Nice picture

This was her first cruise so I had to document it nicely. :)
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I think that is a good project.
    MsChewMe wrote: »
    I have 20yo mtb that is pretty beat up(lots of crashes), I’m not worried about anyone stealing it. It’s super ugly. I may strip it down to the frame, paint it and get new parts. My project bike.

I’m looking for a new bike however, nothing too fancy with front suspension which my old one does not have. We have lots of open space with hills for riding.

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Cervelo C3 with Enve SES 4.5 AR wheels and Vector 2 pedals.

37397769686_fa860f61cf_o_d.jpg
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Indoor
    ucv9mj88iznp.jpg

Outdoor
    b5wsafo6opyi.jpg
  • PLoveElliott
    PLoveElliott Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a Giant all carbon bike. It is close to 10 years old. Have been thinking about getting a new one but still love my old friend.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Four bikes currently but might be shopping for a mountain bike next summer.

Merida hybrid - doesn't get used much these days, used to be my station commuter but has sentimental value as it's the first bike I did a Century on. Nicknamed "Boneshaker" as it's all alloy and a really harsh ride.

Boardman Hybrid - lovely urban ride, carbon forks and disc brakes. Use it for as many local trips as I can. Did some Audax events on it before I got the road bike bug.
    5kebd75b27u7.jpg

Specialized Roubaix "Lazarus" - it was almost killed off by by a dozy car driver, exploded the front wheel and broke the forks clean off in the impact. Later the carbon frame was checked out and found to be OK so I rebuilt it with new forks and some fast carbon wheels. My main summer, good weather and Audax event ride.
    u9kp0agxdn3x.jpg

Specialized Roubaix Disc - The insurance claim for the above collision got me a disc braked replacement. Now mostly my winter and wet or windy weather ride.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Specialized Roubaix Elite
    PR3E3755_mlg.jpg

Giant TCX cyclocross
    TCX_2.jpg
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I have a Trek 5200 carbon fiber women's specific road bike - 650c wheels to accommodate a shorter top tube. I also have a Specialized mountain bike that I rarely ride - it turns out I'm a big chicken off-road :(

I am loving all the bikes and stories!

ia0ouiig5osl.jpg
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    @mph323 I had red bar tape on a bike once and thought it was way too loud. Yours looks good.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    @mph323 I had red bar tape on a bike once and thought it was way too loud. Yours looks good.

Thanks!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    2017 Specialized Roubaix
    2015 Diamondback Overdrive
    2010 Scattante Ultegra Road Bike
    2000 Schwinn Frontier
    1990 Huffy

vhp5xdvu0e4v.jpg
    f85sfmlfhkkg.jpg
    kqzfls9sf0y5.jpg
    1ux00t520tc3.jpg

• NorthCascades
    Options
    Lot of carbon in this thread! :smile:
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Had a Giant Anthem 29er which I loved, but turned out the frame was just too big. This year, got a 2017 Specialized Camber 29 (not carbon). Changed the gear system to a 1x11 instead of a 2-x, upgraded parts, so have a better gear system than that bike's standard. So far, loving it (and the chartreuse color!). My Anthem (aluminum frame) was lighter than this Camber...kinda bummed about that, but it's still a great bike.

Image slurped from Google...too lazy to get up.

qw9990r0t8tj.jpeg
  • Ainadan
    Ainadan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I just got into cycling in the past couple of months, and bought my own bike about a week and a half ago so that I could commute the 1.5 miles to work (before that I rented from my school's student rec center.) I got an inexpensive Diamondback because it was the one I felt most comfortable on (after going to several bike shops and looking and more expensive bikes.) If I would have realized how much I actually enjoy biking for leisure, I probably would have tried to find a nicer bike, but I think this one should hold me over until I graduate.

(This picture off the internet too)
    81X%2BBk5OUOL._SY355_.jpg
  • nelja
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Had a Giant Anthem 29er which I loved, but turned out the frame was just too big. This year, got a 2017 Specialized Camber 29 (not carbon). Changed the gear system to a 1x11 instead of a 2-x, upgraded parts, so have a better gear system than that bike's standard. So far, loving it (and the chartreuse color!). My Anthem (aluminum frame) was lighter than this Camber...kinda bummed about that, but it's still a great bike.

Image slurped from Google...too lazy to get up.

qw9990r0t8tj.jpeg

I also had a very nice big ,full suspension which was to big.But the handling just is not nice.So the size of the big really counts.My husband upgraded mine also to a 1x10 system, which I just love.So much better than a 2x10.
  • nelja
    Options
    I like the jerry can!
    2017 Specialized Roubaix
    2015 Diamondback Overdrive
    2010 Scattante Ultegra Road Bike
    2000 Schwinn Frontier
    1990 Huffy