191 pounds lost since January (288 total). I am no longer obese.

Options

Replies

• SeikoMonster
    SeikoMonster Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    xproofx wrote: »
    I have to ask, what do you do about the loose skin when you wear pants? Where does it go?

Not quite sure what you mean. It just hangs down and I put on pants... Not much you can do, it doesn't stick out, it just hangs down. My stomach ends at about the bottom of my watch in that picture with the shirt tucked in.

When I sit down it is noticeable, but standing not really. I don't tuck my shirt in 99% of the time because I am self conscious about it (working on getting over my mental BS about it). I make sure to buy tall length shirts. Hides it well.

Jim_fbr wrote: »
    I know first hand how your life must have changed for the better in every way.

Awesome Job man! Congratulations on your success too!

• MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be very, very proud of yourself!! :)
  • xproofx
    xproofx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, that clears it up for me. You have done a wonderful wonderful thing. Always remember that.
  • AidenT94
    AidenT94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your weight loss is amazing. Keep up the great work!! :smiley:
  • clmathew
    clmathew Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    TY for sharing your story and the pictures. I am where you started.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I’m AWED by your determination. A little concerned if you’re getting all the vitamins and minerals that you need to be healthy.
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You rock dude
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options

Breakfast 14 oz boiled red potatoes, mashed with nothing added. I put them in a waffle iron, and they taste better than I remember french frys being. I use some ketchup and a bunch of hot sauce.
    1/3 cup of cheese melted on top of one of my waffles (the 14oz makes 2)
    2oz of carrots.

Lunch, again potatoes in the waffle iron with ketchup and hot sauce.
    3/4 cup of bran flakes. Used to have this as a mid day snack between lunch and dinner, but I would forget to eat it half the time so just started having it with lunch.

Dinner
    You guessed it potatoes in the waffle iron with Ketchup and hot sauce.
    7.5oz grilled chicken breast. I just add some pepper to this, no salt or anything else.

That is it, nothing else at all during the day. I have had this essentially every day since January 10th.
    Once a month I have a chick fil a sandwich but still keep with the 1400 cal.
    Ive gone camping a few times this year and swapped out the potatoes for tortillas and just put grilled chicken in them, again staying with the 1400cal.
    Ive had Tacos I think 4 times this year, only breaking the 1400cal 3 times I think without checking my notes.

By the end of the year ill have eaten over 1000 pounds of potatoes... I buy 50 pound boxes at a restaurant supply place hah.
    Making them is simple, cut up 2 days worth, boil and mash it. Separate it by weight into Tupperware containers so it is easy just to pull it out and toss it in the iron.

What is your plan for maintenance?
  • SeikoMonster
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »

What is your plan for maintenance?

Starting to plan that out now. Roughly 3 months away from my goal of 165ish. I've added 115 more Cal's per day to bring me up to 1515. With that extra I've been playingying around with different snacks like fruit and even some beef jerky today.

But right now I'm thinking maybe keep potatoes for lunch and breakfast. Then having a good meal at dinner, to start working in adding in additional long term foods.

Early planning stages at any rate. I do like the simplicity of my meals now but 8ts not a receipe for long term.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Glad you’re thinking about maintenance. I could see some malnutrition concerns with only potatoes long-term. And I’m glad you’re working with your doc on it. Keep up the good work!
  • DKSummmer
    DKSummmer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Super Awesome- Congratulations!
  • xproofx
    xproofx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Do you know what your lean mass vs body fat %?
  • SeikoMonster
    Options

No idea. I don't care too much about those types of things while still being 20+ pounds away from my goal weight.
  • joseejolie
    joseejolie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. Thanks for the motivation. I have a lot to lose and have been struggling with figuring out what to eat. Possibly having a set menu will help.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options

No idea. I don't care too much about those types of things while still being 20+ pounds away from my goal weight.

20 pounds from goal weight. 20 pounds! From over 300. Mind blowing!
  • skinnyislandgurl
    skinnyislandgurl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing, amazing result. Keep it up, you are such an inspiration :smile:
  • ReginaM49
    ReginaM49 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm starting AGAIN. Now my weight is up so much...I have 100 lbs to lose. I've been very depressed but am trying to push myself. Your story truly inspired me. Thank you. I too have started eating the same thing everyday with slight variation. It's easier to not have to think about it. I can have my meals ready to go. Congratulations on your tremendous accomplishment.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Do you incorporate greens and fruit? Might be good to get those nutrients too.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    PS....I admire your courage and persistence!
  • troyrummag
    troyrummag Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Dude you are definitely the man GREAT JOB!!!! You are a great inspiration and you have will power from hell.
    I notice your reloading press ,are you a recreational shooter ,hunter, competition shooter?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!