JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS | Round 21

Options

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    question??

I have noticed my hair is thinning, I currently eat around 1650 cals a day and I am losing slowly so I think its unlikely to be that I am eating too little if I eat any higher I am going to stop losing weight, or at the very least it will be lost at an even slower rate than now. (not that I have an issue losing slower but I think 1/4 - 1/2 lb a week is slow enough not to cause other issues such as hair loss)

I've started taking supplements and I am currently using a lotion recommended by the hairdresser to help stop hair loss .. but if it's nutritional then I doubt that it will help.
    So I am looking for ideas in foods that might be rich in "stuff?!?!" that's good for hair to help stop the loss. basically I am looking to attack the issue from all angles :)

I am hoping against all hopes I don't have to choose between thick hair and normal weight. I seriously can't afford to lose any more hair .. :-/

Other than bouts of sciatica I have no other medical issues that I know about .. so I am making the assumption that this is mainly a nutrition problem.

any help / ideas appreciated :)

You shouldn't need to choose between thick hair and normal weight. Are you eating a well-rounded and nutritionally sound diet? Your diary is closed so I couldn't check it out but there are a good many online sources for instance this one from the BBC: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/what-eat-healthy-hair

You may want to start by taking a multi-vitamin as you increase the nutritional content of what you are eating.
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,286 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    question??

I have noticed my hair is thinning, I currently eat around 1650 cals a day and I am losing slowly so I think its unlikely to be that I am eating too little if I eat any higher I am going to stop losing weight, or at the very least it will be lost at an even slower rate than now. (not that I have an issue losing slower but I think 1/4 - 1/2 lb a week is slow enough not to cause other issues such as hair loss)

I've started taking supplements and I am currently using a lotion recommended by the hairdresser to help stop hair loss .. but if it's nutritional then I doubt that it will help.
    So I am looking for ideas in foods that might be rich in "stuff?!?!" that's good for hair to help stop the loss. basically I am looking to attack the issue from all angles :)

I am hoping against all hopes I don't have to choose between thick hair and normal weight. I seriously can't afford to lose any more hair .. :-/

Other than bouts of sciatica I have no other medical issues that I know about .. so I am making the assumption that this is mainly a nutrition problem.

any help / ideas appreciated :)

You shouldn't need to choose between thick hair and normal weight. Are you eating a well-rounded and nutritionally sound diet? Your diary is closed so I couldn't check it out but there are a good many online sources for instance this one from the BBC: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/what-eat-healthy-hair

You may want to start by taking a multi-vitamin as you increase the nutritional content of what you are eating.

@HeidiCooksSupper My diary is normally only open to friends, I have just opened it thou if you would like to have a look ... any tips to push me in the right direction are appreciated :)

I just had a look at that link .. TY .. I don't think I am short of nutrients but I have started taking a supplement anyway. Better safe than sorry :)