WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Janet, I was looking for something new to make for Christmas and came across these ornaments made from vintage costume jewelry and thought of you. Have you ever made anything like this?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/87/61/a4/8761a4696e659cfdc592d01de34661e2--old-jewelry-jewelry-tree.jpg

Very pretty, I love those. Please post a pic if you make one. I made lots of jewelry Christmas trees and framed them for family a few years ago. I'll find a picture and post.

Terry just saw I have Berry Boop on that last post, SORRY. Lol

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Lanette, that tree cracked me up. Thanks.

I LOVE cardinals. They are not in Denver either, after 16 years in Oklahoma, I'm still thrilled every time I see one. I decorate a lot with them at Christmas. <3

Janetr OKC
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Lanette, I love your tree! lol

Janet, how did you attach the jewelry to the black fabric for the tree in the frame? I saw a cross that I would love to make for my cousin and his wife next year.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/1d/7d/28/1d7d284d386c28875741ba0dcd053cd0--christmas-tree-art-jewelry-christmas-tree.jpg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,665 Member
    Options
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Hey All! Love the jeweled frames and ornaments. However, please look at the jewelry you are going to use and if it is signed by the designer search to see if it is a vintage piece that could be worth a lot of money. JMHO
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Thanks Terry and Lanette! I still have 32 lbs to go so my journey is just starting.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,322 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Janetr - Fabulous jewellery tree. But why didn't you wear them? I love wearing bling. :laugh: I've just bought some diamanté earrings and bag for next year's cruise. And one of the necklaces I had repaired was black crystals.

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Barbie, that's the good thing about being away from each other for a few days- the reunion is nice and you appreciate each other again. You can take companionship for granted when your always together. <3 Wendy
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,081 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Terry male and female cardinals in photos.

Janetr Stunning.

Rye Gorgeous photo.

Lanette love the tree. LOL I think of it as I construct our tree. Takes me at least an hour. Finally learned to take a row off at a time tie them together and label the row. I don't smash the branches when I take it down like I used too. Now it takes 2 and a half boxes to store it as opposed to one, but it does make it quicker to reassemble each year. I paid about $150 for it after Christmas about 20 years ago. Now a similar one is hundreds more. Definitely has paid for itself.

:heart: Margaret

• ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy National Mason Jar Day!

"While some forms of food preservation have existed for centuries, it wasn’t until John Landis Mason’s patent #22186 for an “Improvement in screwneck bottles” was issued that home canning became a safe reality. Ever since, gardeners have stocked their pantries from their victory gardens, padded their wallets with their heirloom collections, and shared their bounty as colorful gifts. Mason jars pull double duty as beautiful DIY projects in shabby chic vases or as an artfully painted desk caddy."

Lanette - Congratulations on a good dentist visit! I hear you - it's such a relief when you find out what might have been a really big problem has a simple solution. I adore my dentist but his prices... yikes.

Terry - Oh, dear. At least you got a stylish purple wrap. Ooh, and now Betty Boop! Now you can entertain yourself by making up outrageous stories to tell when people ask you what happened.

Machka - Those meringue cookies are certainly gorgeous!

Becca - Loved your Renn Faire story. You are just a hoot and a half! And aren't corsets wonderful for a woman's ego?

One of the shop owners downtown uses an old dress form to display her vintage pins. It's such a great idea - everyone can admire them, and when you want to wear one you just take it off and pin it on. That's what the ornaments and trees reminded me of. Would be fun to make a small tree just for the Christmas-themed pins that I don't wear at other times of the year.

Since Philip hooked up the Wii for me I messed around with it last night and did some step aerobics. I need to get a platform to put the board on, since it's not high enough to present much of a challenge. The sound doesn't work, though, so I'll have to get him to check the connections.

I haven't lost any weight in two weeks, but overall I'm pretty happy because I've also been traveling and eating a lot for two weeks. Under the circumstances, maintaining is good. Would like to double down and drop a few more pounds before the Christmas activities really heat up.

Wishing you all a happy day.

-Yvonne in TX
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,774 Member
    Options
    Larry got hit in the head by a piece of plywood. It knocked him right over on to his knees which are in rough shape. The wind was blowing like crazy in StandOff. He went out there to paint some doors. The plywood should have been secured. He's gone to bed exceptionally early yesterday and today.

- Sharon in Lethbridge.

I hope it knocked some sense into him ... thinking of you ...

Beth

• myraknits
    myraknits Posts: 81 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Terry,
    LOVE THE BB!! Quite an artist!
    Knitting needles are definitely a multi purpose tool.
    Myra (who can't knit for 2 weeks and is going a little stir crazy)
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Janet, how did you attach the jewelry to the black fabric for the tree in the frame? I saw a cross that I would love to make for my cousin and his wife next year.

Hot glue gun. Here's the one I made from some of my Mom's rhinestones that she had from the 60's or so. I kept this one for me, cuz she had given the necklace and earrings to me years ago.

ftfjsbmzv93y.jpg

This is beautiful! I'm going to have to try this...next year.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Yvonne - "One of the shop owners downtown uses an old dress form to display her vintage pins. It's such a great idea - everyone can admire them, and when you want to wear one you just take it off and pin it on. That's what the ornaments and trees reminded me of. Would be fun to make a small tree just for the Christmas-themed pins that I don't wear at other times of the year."

That is a terrific idea, what fun :)

Janetr OKC