Weighing after going to the bathroom- what does this mean to you?

Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm PO's that I forgot to weigh at all this morning. Routine got messed up.
    Normal it's post wee as I don't dump until around 10.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I kind of grew up in a home where is you had diarrhea or were constipated you told everyone. It wasn't uncommon to announce that you had to pee or poop as you headed to the bathroom. I am more discrete these days but not bothered talking about it.
    It is after 11 AM and I have not pooped yet. I expect it will happen after lunch.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I kind of grew up in a home where is you had diarrhea or were constipated you told everyone. It wasn't uncommon to announce that you had to pee or poop as you headed to the bathroom. I am more discrete these days but not bothered talking about it.
    It is after 11 AM and I have not pooped yet. I expect it will happen after lunch.

Not uncommon at all in my house to hear a general announcement of 'I must URINATE!' followed by a chorus of 'Good luck with that!' :tongue: (Yes, I was blessed with boys. No squeamishness about bodily funcitons here.)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Same, after I poop and if I don't, I won't bother weighing.
    I really don't think we poop pounds though :D
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Morning pee. It's the only thing that's 100% consistent.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Same, after I poop and if I don't, I won't bother weighing.
    I really don't think we poop pounds though :D

According to those companies that sell colon cleansing products we all hang on to pounds of waste in our digestive system that we need to use their product to eliminate. :D
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My preferred method is wake, coffee, bathroom, weigh. But when something messes the rhythm I don't really see a difference. I've done the before and after check as well. Only a few ounces difference, which would run contrary to many people's opinions that I am full of *kitten*.
  • daraalt
    daraalt Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself after i wake up and pee in the am. i have weighed myself before and after a #2 and there was no scale difference, even when i thought there should have been. LOL strange i know.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I will repeat.....I loose 0.6 pounds each and every time. So, that is roughly 10 ounces. It amazes me that it is the same every time. But, I am a 50yo male with some mass......LOL!
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Typically, I like to weigh in on a weekend morning, right after going to the bathroom (1 and/or 2) but before my shower and before drinking my first cup of tea for the day. Not only do I stand on the scale, but I measure my waistline. I try to do this only once a month "officially" but sometimes when I'm "feeling thin" I check my numbers. If they're good, I log them, if they're up, I don't, but I review what the heck I'm doing.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    every morning after a cup of coffee and # 2...
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm probably a weirdo, but I use the logic that pounds will fluctuate 3lbs or so if you weigh yourself daily. I've weighed myself after #1,#2, before shower (naked), after shower (wet), clothed, pjs and sometimes at night. ... just to make myself depressed by the added 2lbs lol.

But with my kind of random, yet systematic method, I've found that I use an average 3 on and off again Weighing amounts each time I get on the scale. .. and then I reference what I've been seeing +/-2lbs.

It sucks when you are trying to lose that 1lb, but at the end of the week, you notice your averages aRe on the lower end...and then the next week your window shifts (if you've lost. ..or gained).

My goals therfore are little pounds yes, but mainly to get the max range to the Previous low range (I hope that makes sense lol).

Ie) I range 202-205 in a given week. However, when I lost, my range starTed to be 200-204, then 200-202, and then 198-202. A 198-202 range meant for me I'm probably around 200 in reality. ... but since the trend is down, and I'm working my butt off, that's all that really matters.

.... but I feel satisfaction when I take a dump and get a lower number XD ahahaha. Just for *kitten* and giggles ...bah dum Ch
  • mrsharmon622
    mrsharmon622 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have weighed myself in the mornings before and after the first pee and/or poop. Sometimes on the same morning- weigh before, go potty, weigh after. I've done this multiple times. There is never a consistent difference and not sure how, but sometimes I weigh more after going potty. I would just weigh after a potty trip and not worry about whether you pee or poop. It all averages out anyway, especially if you use Trendweight something like it. :)
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I have actually done a comparison. B)

I generally just pee, then weigh, then coffee and orange, then poo, then dress.

I have had the opportunity a couple of times to need the poo before the coffee, so yeah, I weighed myself then as well.

The outcome was about .2 of a lbs difference each time. It kind of amazed me that a poop weighed so little.

I really wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers, h.

I should add, these weren't little poops either.

old, pre-metric saying: "a pint's a pound, the world 'round!"
  • Dukare
    Options
    This post is great ahaha.

Entertaining, but also interesting and insightful. Etc etc...
  • Dukare
    Options
    Dukare wrote: »
    I'm probably a weirdo, but I use the logic that pounds will fluctuate 3lbs or so if you weigh yourself daily. I've weighed myself after #1,#2, before shower (naked), after shower (wet), clothed, pjs and sometimes at night. ... just to make myself depressed by the added 2lbs lol.

But with my kind of random, yet systematic method, I've found that I use an average 3 on and off again Weighing amounts each time I get on the scale. .. and then I reference what I've been seeing +/-2lbs.

It sucks when you are trying to lose that 1lb, but at the end of the week, you notice your averages aRe on the lower end...and then the next week your window shifts (if you've lost. ..or gained).

My goals therfore are little pounds yes, but mainly to get the max range to the Previous low range (I hope that makes sense lol).

Ie) I range 202-205 in a given week. However, when I lost, my range starTed to be 200-204, then 200-202, and then 198-202. A 198-202 range meant for me I'm probably around 200 in reality. ... but since the trend is down, and I'm working my butt off, that's all that really matters.

.... but I feel satisfaction when I take a dump and get a lower number XD ahahaha. Just for *kitten* and giggles ...bah dum Ch

...they changed my Sh** to kittens XD ahahaha