The Importance of Willpower for Weight Loss

Options
1234568»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    What about those of us who just have food addiction and can't help but overeat especially stuff no Good for us but tastes good like pizza, nachos, brownies, cookies, pasta, Chinese, etc. Also over eating is a bad habit we learned early on in life and it's hard to break it now after we've been doing it almost all our lives. We only gained the weight cause we lose muscle and metabolism slowed down a little each year! I started at 135-140lb in high school and didn't wake up over 300lbs the next day! It took me 30 years or so to get to this point and bad eating habits are just very hard to break and I feel so 😔 depressed and deprived I can't have the foods I want or as much as I want anymore. I just don't know what to do anymore! 😥😭
    "Food addiction" really isn't a thing since we can't just stop eating food and continuing living. But it's true that BAD HABITS lead so many people to the obesity level.
    And ACTUALLY, people do "gain muscle" as they gain weight. Mostly in their calves and legs though because the resistance is progressively going up on them. The legs are carrying more and more weight over the years so they actually grow. That's why it's not uncommon for very overweight and obese people to have strong leg workouts and big calves even when they try to lose weight and exercise.
    As for eating what you want, you still can. You just need to create a NEW eating behavior of LIMITS. And it CAN be done if one puts the effort into it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • OrganicShowerCurtain
    Options
    GREAT insight into will-power ... so true, and a reminder to me that small changes are far easier to sustain (and build on when is right, if its right for you) than 'BIG PLANS' ... this has helped me get back on track as the evenings are my downfall ... but i realise i have run out of will-power by then and easily give in ... i shall revisit my hopes, goals, pitfalls, hows and refine and focus to make my life easier again so I can manage my evenings once more ... thank you 👍😁