JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS | Round 22

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Cassieabc wrote: »
    11/17 140.2 :( what!!! Anyone else use a Fitbit? Are you eating your exercise calories? Maybe that’s where I’m going wrong! I did go to the gym last night and it felt really good. Let’s hope tomorrow’s weigh in is better and ends on a high.

I use Fitbit but do not link it or my MapMyWalk app to MFP. I have read that calories from Fitbit / other trackers tend to be high.

I manually log exercise like dog walks (3 miles 5x/week), cooking, raking leaves, shovel snow, etc. I almost always eat back my exercise calories, which works for me if I keep away from too much processed or junk food, or sugar.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 I figured there was more to the story. I'm glad you are pointing out that it's not just something one undertakes with a couple of OTC multi-vitamins.

What you are doing may not be "the best" for long term (meaning decades) health. But the same can be said about what I am doing. We make choices and the best way to make those choices is to be fully informed about the pros and cons before making them. It sounds like you are doing that.

I do worry about the folks who say they "hate vegetables" and then the people who respond that it doesn't matter what they eat. It does matter. It matters for long term health.

Anyway, good luck with your body fat percentage efforts.

@HeidiCooksSupper No, I do not intend to follow my current plan for the long term. As my plans have changed over years of weight loss, I've figured out what is best for my own long term health and what is best for a crash plan to get fast results. The latter is not the same as the former. For now, I'm following a "crash diet" plan in order to hopefully reach my goal for 2017. When I move to maintenance, the plan will be different... in fact, even the short-term program to switch over to maintenance is going to be temporary in order to ensure a healthy transition from my current plan to a maintenance plan. Assuming all goes well with the current crash plan, it will look like this:
    Crash Diet up until 12/30 --> Transition plan starts 12/30 (roughly 2pm) --> Maintenance plan beginning no earlier than 1/15/18; and no later than 1/22/18... depending on various factors.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,829 Member
    Options
    @hedyk I felt the same way (feeling in control) at our potluck last night!

@ehseeker don’t get discouraged. I feel the same way. It seems as if I am swinging around the same pound FOR.EVER! We can do this! Persistence!

• hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Accidentally posted a different challenge and now it won't let me delete it. Instead, I'll just say "Good job everyone!"
  • Bookwormdee
    Bookwormdee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight 205.8 @ October 11, 2017
    UGW: 140

Day/Weight/Comment
    11/9...........................196.4 after a week of ups and downs (mostly ups) this is a nice surprise.
    11/10.........................196.2 after a sluggish morning yesterday, I got up and added about 6000 steps walking the dog. Yay! Hoping to keep on track and get to 195 this round.
    11/11.........................195.8 stayed on track yesterday and drank lots of water.
    11/12.........................197.2 indulged too much yesterday, and moved too little. also feel dehydrated, so I must have forgotten to drink enough water.
    11/13.........................197.0 again, I did not drink enough water, and definitely did not move enough! Back on track today. Checking out fitness blender, after a MFP friend mentioned it in a post. Seems interesting!
    11/14.........................195.8 I would like to dedicate this number to the copious amounts of water I drank yesterday, and the many steps I took over my goal.
    11/15.........................195.2 I started doing Fitness Blender workouts yesterday, nothing too crazy, but it felt good to move.
    11/16.........................195.0! I made it! Did another Fitness Blender workout last night, and it kicked my butt. It wasn't even very difficult, I was just that out of shape. Gonna do it again today. :D
    11/17.........................195.4 I was a liar. ::shamed face:: I did not do my workout yesterday. Instead I took a nap and Tylenol, as TOM came a bit earlier than I was expecting.
    11/18
  • str82nichelle
    str82nichelle Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Cassieabc wrote: »

11/17 140.2 :( what!!! Anyone else use a Fitbit? Are you eating your exercise calories? Maybe that’s where I’m going wrong! I did go to the gym last night and it felt really good. Let’s hope tomorrow’s weigh in is better and ends on a high.
    11/18

Me personally, I set myself up on X amount of calories per day and once I get there, I'm done. My fitbit is for reference only as I manually add exercise to MFP. I was eating back calories and was not losing; sometimes I gained. Others may have different ways of doing it, but I found this to work for me. It's just trial and error, and Lord knows I'm still learning as well. Good luck to ya on finding what works for you.