Pets... That's right, I'm one of "those" people...

Options

Replies

• born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I love my dog (even though he shreds the carpet ) because he's a loyal friend. I love my friends too (my real ones, at least). And, yea He's like my son. :smile:
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    My baby girl :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sophie

969906_10100225224237635_1681557144_n.jpg

419371_10100174044671895_305081225_n.jpg
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have puppy steps at the end of my bed for my older dog Lily but she is still scared to come up them sometimes so she sits by my bedside and sneezes over and over again to get my attention to get up and help her up the steps which is to just stand behind her and tell you to get her butt up the steps!! LOL I guess she feels safe just knowing I am there!! Now she can get back down them with NO trouble when she hears something and has to go and investigate!! :laugh:

My smaller dog Babygirl wont come up those stairs for anything so she makes me get up and pick her up and put her on the bed!!

BOY do they have ME trained!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • rstemen
    rstemen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Look profile pic

That's my angel; 10 pounds maybe on a good day. :)

She usually tries to steal our pillows. What a spoiled little princess. :D
  • Kushy8
    Kushy8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a fabulous Pekingese who most definitely sleeps in my bed with me. He goes everywhere possible with me, too! I also have 2 cats who sleep on the bed with me as well. My snake, Bird, sleeps in his cage because he's too good at hiding; if I let him sleep in the bed, I may never see him again! These ARE my children! No human children for me!!!
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    My Zooey (of the dog variety) doesn't sleep in my bed with me, but sometimes she is invited up for a snuggle session.

One of our favourite things to do is I sit on the kitchen floor with a piece of cheese or a biscuit between my lips and she comes and gets it. I can feel her little whiskers when she does and she's so gentle I never have to worry about her biting me. It's adorable because she puts her ears down to the side when she does it and ends up giving the puppy dog eyes =^_^=

She also stamps her foot like a little kid when she doesn't get what she wants, which is, imo, too cute for words.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    39748_606917716885_5914759_n.jpg

Okay last one! lol
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    My first baby is an 8-lb shih tzu-yorkie mix named Tucker Bear. He is 1000% lap dog.

Our second is a 12lb silkie terrier named Penny. She's all energy, and loves chasing raquet balls more than anything. She also comes to work with me a couple times a week.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    -sigh- no fur-babies for me currently, though I have semi-adopted my parents border collie pup :P. I also do volunteer photography with my local animal shelter, so I get my kitty love through those means ^_^. When I'm in a position to be able to have a fur baby again (ie. a place that allows pets) it'll happen
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    46zo.jpg

This is Sabre aka jelly-bark-shark. lol She has her own bed, but sometimes prefers my comforter and pillow. haha
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    oh yes.... she loves a bit of bed time... My other half leaves for work hours before I get up and I get dog cuddles time in the mornings too. Yay!

389303_10151712971808619_1221002480_n.jpg
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Let's try this again
    I have 3 cats. Each one has a different personality and they ALL share my bed with me.

efa9ba4d-8916-48b5-9235-759485b1288f_zps0812c9b6.jpg

Milagra is the "queen" she has the fluffiest tail and grooms its every waking moment...don't touch it or you will pay. She also refuses to drink out of the water dish. She only drinks out of the sink which you MUST leave dripping for her.

7b30ce8a-4aab-4651-ba86-233c32ce2666_zps609d2fd1.jpg

Tabitha is the lover. She just wants to be pet. Pet me, pet me, pet me. If you are not giving her attention she will nudge you or pull your hand down to her face so she can rub up against you (thinking that is love).

Nya is the scaredy cat. She is scared of everything and everyone ('cept her family). She hides under my bed whenever she hears a knock at the door. She has even ripped the liner of my box spring so she can hide up in there. She also thinks she is a dog. She has her little foam balls that she will fetch. Yes, my cat actually plays fetch like a dog.

c27c7160-9ff1-4b4d-91d5-d71b4c01e8a8_zps8ac12a3f.jpg

I see the issue...uncapitalize the URL to url and it should post...:)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Three kitties. Any given night, one to all three on the bed with us, one at our feet, one between us, one at the head of the bed. There is also a lot of coming and going while we sleep. And then, of course, there's the early morning "circle-the-human" routes to be trod on the bed.
  • Kaytee86
    Kaytee86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My cat thinks she is chinese food. (Joke, no offense implied)

photo.php?fbid=859721036206&l=2f48ef679f
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    When our yorkie, who will be 15 years old tomorrow, couldn't jump up on the bed anymore, we got him stairs. Our lab also sleeps with us, but she's a bed hog.
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Eh, depends on the mood of the animals. Our oldest cat will sometimes sleep with us-especially if it's cold out. Our other cat sleeps with my sister, but she'll nap on my bed. The new dog won't sleep on furniture at all (old owners must have trained it out of her), but since she's a Lab x Husky, probably just as well! she has her own bed near our closet where, as her right as a 'senior' dog, she sleeps most of the day away :D

My four year old son is the worst for taking up space; when he tries to sleep with us, he usually ends up shoving me out of bed, lol!
  • lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have a turtle...
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a 78lbs greyhound that I love - the most gentle dog you'll ever see. I also have a crazy *kitten* Cornish Rex! this cat is mental - He has curly fur and sometimes I think is possesed! I also have a corn snake in the house. None of them sleep in my bed!
    I've been considering a Cornish Rex! are they as affectionate as they say?
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    161j0hg.jpg

I hope the pic works... this is me and my little guy - hes 26 lbs and sleeps right between my feet or in the curve of my legs.... My children are teenagers so this little guy keeps me company when they are off doing their teenager stuff.... my husband is not a fan of his sleeping in our bed - but hes a deep sleeper so Bauer (my doggie) lays down with my daughter for like half an hour then she opens my bedroom door and lets him in my room....

We also have an evil prince cat... he pees right next to the cat box or in the hallway on my new carpet... he literally comes in the house to eat and pee.... but hes my daughters cat and she loves him... so I work on training him...

So my pic didnt work - will upload when i get home and my daughter can help me.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I used to share a bed with my wife and 60 lb german shepherd. Needless to say, I had about an inch of bed to sleep on.