Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Dr Jason Fung - The Useless Concept of Calories

Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    It's a way of trying to stop responses, or I guess just letting a few hash it out without subjecting everyone else to it. It should just be closed.

Agreed.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i dont feel like our conversation is all that bad.. could probably be moved to the debates thread tho
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it's a mod tool. I haven't seen it often, but it effective at reducing traffic to a thread, because unless someone is watching the notifications (therefore bookmarked), they wouldn't check it. The only other time I've seen a thread not pop up is when it's been scrubbed of a bunch of comments, it then sinks until the current number of posts reaches the pre-scrub number of posts.

DISCLAIMER: this post is not a commentary on the use of the tool by the mod team!
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    Aahh that also might explain why on the main forum list page ill sometimes see the most recently posted on topic in the list, click the forum the topic is in and the topic is no where to be seen lol
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    lol.. i suppose instead of eating a plate full of chicken thighs and 32 hot dogs i could of ate a jar of coconut oil.. but i really don't think it would of made a difference lol
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Accidentally posted this
This discussion has been closed.