Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Dr Jason Fung - The Useless Concept of Calories

Options

Replies

• HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I gave an example of a person who was clinically diagnosed
    mmapags wrote: »
    blambo61 wrote: »
    For those with severe BED, is it not possible that some people have less severe BED? Makes sense to me.

Why do you keep trying to rationalize and make acceptable the unacceptable of someone claiming a BED when then not only haven't been diagnosed, they don't even really exhibit the symptoms? To say nothing of the fact that, as far as they've stated, they've never even been to a doctor for any kind of treatment.

I gave an example of a person who was clinically diagnosed with BED and is controlling their problem with IF. They don't say they are cured but it has helped a lot. Why does everyone here not see the fact that IF and keto have helped some with BED. May not have cured them but that isn't the point. The point is it has helped some people and even some clinically diagnosed. A person doesn't have to be diagnosed to have something. He may of had a less severe form of it than others. Again I ask, is it not possible for some people to have a less sever form of BED? If you can't answer a definitive NO, then you can't say that he for sure didn't have a less severe form of it.

Maybe you should invite that person into this thread and that person and Kriss can have a discussion about what worked and the severity of their clinically diagnosed Binge Eating Disorder and while at it, maybe you can ask the 3rd party if he or she thinks that the description of stopping for a banana split after one has eaten a full day of food even remotely qualifies as Binge Eating, or, if it is one of the most offensive comparisons that a person can offer.

Yes, actually i would like to have a conversation with this person to hear how IF is stopping them from the compulsion to binge eat. Considering that compulsion isn't based on how many times a day you eat.

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Please for the love of god can we just all report ourselves for derailing this thread from the original topic of Fung, take a warning, and hope the mods shut the thing down for good?

Only a month out from reset date, I'm totally up for it. Can I go all out and say what I really want to say, liberally sprinkled with *kittens* and *puppies*?
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    ahhh that explains why i don't see the thread on the main forum anymore lol..
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Where did the thread go? I can still get to it through notifications but yeah, it's gone from the forum.

Did we get sent to MFP purgatory or something?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

Where did the thread go? I can still get to it through notifications but yeah, it's gone from the forum.

It's sunk, so it doesn't pop up on the front page when someone posts in it anymore. It's been that way for several days.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    Not sure.. some threads stay on the forum for pages and pages, this one has disappeared into the abyss lol
  • mph323
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

It's sunk, so it doesn't pop up on the front page when someone posts in it anymore. It's been that way for several days.

Huh. I guess my observation skills need some work.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

That is strange. I've been getting back to it through notifications. After it was mentioned that it had disappeared, I went looking manually. For some reason it's on page four now. Every other post I've seen in these forums bounces to the top of page one every time there is a new comment. Odd.
  • mph323
    Options

That is strange. I've been getting back to it through notifications. After it was mentioned that it had disappeared, I went looking manually. For some reason it's on page four now. Every other post I've seen in these forums bounces to the top of page one every time there is a new comment. Odd.

A passive-aggressive hint from MFP we're treading on thin ice?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It's a way of trying to stop responses, or I guess just letting a few hash it out without subjecting everyone else to it. It should just be closed.
This discussion has been closed.