Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

American-seniors-are-sicker-than-global-peers story.

Options
1235»

Replies

• tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    If most of us with health issues have them due to our Way Of Eating in part or in total I think that factor has to be a key cause.

Like some forms of blindness ED can have a mental cause but for the most part it's due to failing vascular health.

As I sit here for my annual wellness exam clearly life style choices are a huge factor in the health of seniors.

I came back from my 6 month post T2D diagnosis visit.

My doctor has again congratulated me on taking it seriously and taking the steps needed to get my A1C from 7.3 to 5.4 in May and yesterday it was 5.1.

He again said he wished most of his patients would take it as seriously as I do.

I don't say that to compliment myself. I say it because it demonstrates that most people DON'T control what they can control.

I don't think he needs his patients to upload a spreadsheet of their daily fasting BG readings as I did yesterday. But he would like his patients to take it seriously and test, and make better diet and exercise choices.

If people are not adopting the habits when they are younger, it gets harder to adopt them when older and faced with ever more serious problems.

Most people do not choose to control the things they can control is what I'm hearing from his frustration with the lack of effort in the majority of his patients facing similar medical circumstances.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    If most of us with health issues have them due to our Way Of Eating in part or in total I think that factor has to be a key cause.

Like some forms of blindness ED can have a mental cause but for the most part it's due to failing vascular health.

As I sit here for my annual wellness exam clearly life style choices are a huge factor in the health of seniors.

I came back from my 6 month post T2D diagnosis visit.

My doctor has again congratulated me on taking it seriously and taking the steps needed to get my A1C from 7.3 to 5.4 in May and yesterday it was 5.1.

He again said he wished most of his patients would take it as seriously as I do.

I don't say that to compliment myself. I say it because it demonstrates that most people DON'T control what they can control.

I don't think he needs his patients to upload a spreadsheet of their daily fasting BG readings as I did yesterday. But he would like his patients to take it seriously and test, and make better diet and exercise choices.

If people are not adopting the habits when they are younger, it gets harder to adopt them when older and faced with ever more serious problems.

Most people do not choose to control the things they can control is what I'm hearing from his frustration with the lack of effort in the majority of his patients facing similar medical circumstances.

I picked up on the same frustration at the clinic this week. It took me to realize I was eating for an early death before I could bring myself to eating for better health.

Keep up the good work and best of continued success.