a ring...meant as an engagement ring...worst most awkward gift ever
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    A scale
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Anyone get anything amusing or awful this year? I didn't (well, except for the grab bad one), but mainly because I either bought them for myself, or was with my daughter shopping.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    A phone charger. I guess it'll find friends in the drawer with the other 4 or 5 I have ...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    @klkarlen I brought home this bad *kitten* fanny pack from the white elephant today!
    @midwesterner85 Look for me at the fair next year, I'll be sporting this:

qcuwdhtb1i0v.jpg

Oh dear god, this is horrid! I couldn't figure it out in your avatar so thanks for posting the pic. I'd LOVE to see reactions when you wear this thing!
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    @BZAH10 I'm getting an equal amount of cringes and belly laughs. I hope people find it funny, rather than insulting.
  • klkarlen
    Options
    @BZAH10 I'm getting an equal amount of cringes and belly laughs. I hope people find it funny, rather than insulting.

Not insulting, but cringe worthy for sure.
    81Katz wrote: »
    A phone charger. I guess it'll find friends in the drawer with the other 4 or 5 I have ...

I bought one for my daughter, but only because she asked for it. Her old one broke.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    For a secret Santa last year at work, i got a paintbrush, limit was $25.00.

My very first work Christmas as a brand new lowly grunt employee, never knew what a "Chinese gift exchange" (or whatever its called), was the very first number to draw, the very first person to pick a package under the tree, with a $20 limit which was expensive for me, and I picked...wait for it...

A small bottle of mickey mouse bubblebath for kids.

(Turns out it came from one of the senior executives.)

Bubble bath ? WTF that’s cheap lol

LMAO!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is getting a plain white towel in my Grandma's elephant exchange game two years in a row.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    @klkarlen I brought home this bad *kitten* fanny pack from the white elephant today!
    @midwesterner85 Look for me at the fair next year, I'll be sporting this:

qcuwdhtb1i0v.jpg

Oh dear god, this is horrid! I couldn't figure it out in your avatar so thanks for posting the pic. I'd LOVE to see reactions when you wear this thing!

At first I thought it was a comparison of their stomach after losing weight!

That thing has to be one of the tackiest things I have ever seen.
  • onefortypoint6
    onefortypoint6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My SIL couldn't afford to buy my kids gifts and would pick out something from the Toys for Tots charity to give to them. It was sad because we are very well off, and she was potentially taking toys away from kids who would get nothing otherwise.
  • BBritt26
    BBritt26 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I got a n64 -so awesome! But then it didn't work. And then I got a New Hockey Jersey of my favorite player and it came fake
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Working at the SD at Walmart a few days ago a guy returned a metal paper towel holder he had bought his wife for Christmas.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Working at the SD at Walmart a few days ago a guy returned a metal paper towel holder he had bought his wife for Christmas.

I’m all for appliances as gifts but it better be something extra that I’ve been hinting at or just wouldn’t spend the money on myself, lol.
  • klkarlen
    Options

I'm surprised it wasn't dented from the wife throwing it at him ;)
    A hug button

What exactly is that?
  • klkarlen
    Options
    Bumping this back up to see if anyone got bad gifts this year.
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    klkarlen wrote: »
    Bumping this back up to see if anyone got bad gifts this year.

I got nothing. *shrugs*
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Nothing bad yet, but we haven't done the family white elephant gift exchange yet. That will be on Saturday..... So who knows?