WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    My youngest grandson (10) wrote the letter below. I'm sure he'd be mortified if he knew I shared it with you ladies. Shhhh don't tell...but it's the cutest Dear Santa letter. :)

Janetr OKC

Janetr
    - that letter is too cute. I had to laugh - he mentions that Choppo hasn't been naughty, he's just a normal puppy! What a nice thing to explain to Santa, lol. I think he'll do well running a doggy day care.

Letters like that are such precious keepsakes. Lucky grandmother! <3

Lanette
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Lanette ~ Your kale salad sound yummy with the exception that I don't like kale at all! :'( I understand that it is a very good source of vitamins and fiber, but, to me is bitter with a consistency I don't like. And, I also don't like cilantra!

Janet ~ Your grandson's letter to Santa makes him sound like such a caring soul! Your are lucky to have him.

Joyce ~ Get well soon! Is the big family party going to be too much for you?

Michele ~ Sounds like your visit with Pete and Denise was successful! :)

O'Connel ~ Congrats on the new job. I don't see how anyone could survive the hours you mentioned.

Hugs to all those who are in the deep snows!

Carol in GA

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Terry ~ Your naked welcome to the New Year sounds hilarious!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Janetr love the letter.

(((Allie)))
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka - so glad you found shoes that fit and are comfortable. That can be quite a challenge!

Sharon - (((HUGS))) Do you think Larry is especially mean around the holidays?

Barbie
    - I too really like eggs, especially when I can get them from our friend who lets the hens free range in the orchard. He decided to turn the lights on in the chicken coop a few hours a day and he is suddenly loaded with eggs so I was thrilled to be able to get them from him again as the girls normally take the winter off, lol.

And I love dairy (especially when it's turned into ice cream B) OR delicious organic yogurt!) and well prepared fish, and even some nice pot roast with potatoes and carrots and gravy. I still plan to eat everything, just not too much.

So, I'm trying to turn my attention to making healthful and beautiful plant based foods and stop thinking about making some nice lemon squares. >:) Or Brownies. Or cinnamon rolls with pecan gooey and icing on top. AARRGGHH.... where'd I put that bean salad recipe?

Pip - you might have to get out the boot and keep me on track, lol.

A few years ago, I was a rabid green smoothie fan and even taught a class in it. Had beautiful kale and collards in the garden. Then, I gradually lost interest and packed everything way as the kale crops were dismal thanks to the white butterflies and the kale I bought at the grocery store seemed bitter and tough.

But, I'm ready to try it again and this time won't go hog-wild on the kale. Yesterday I made a yummy one with a handful of kale (they now sell baby kale in the organic section, it's not cheap but looks to be enough there for 4 or 5 green smoothies) , whole unpeeled apple (cored of course), tangerine, handful of frozen blueberries, teaspoon of "super greens" powder (dehydrated wheat grass), big scoop of organic yogurt and water to blend it. Main thing is, it kept me out of DH's little Debbie stash. o:) And it had at least 2 glasses of liquid - neat way to get my water in.

Better close for now. Thinking of all of you in the Midwest and East Coast who are into the super cold weather, and sending warm thoughts.

Have a good Friday!

Lanette
    Rainy and windy SW WA State

:::: strapping on the boot::::::;
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka - so glad you found shoes that fit and are comfortable. That can be quite a challenge!

Sharon - (((HUGS))) Do you think Larry is especially mean around the holidays?

Barbie
    - I too really like eggs, especially when I can get them from our friend who lets the hens free range in the orchard. He decided to turn the lights on in the chicken coop a few hours a day and he is suddenly loaded with eggs so I was thrilled to be able to get them from him again as the girls normally take the winter off, lol.

And I love dairy (especially when it's turned into ice cream B) OR delicious organic yogurt!) and well prepared fish, and even some nice pot roast with potatoes and carrots and gravy. I still plan to eat everything, just not too much.

So, I'm trying to turn my attention to making healthful and beautiful plant based foods and stop thinking about making some nice lemon squares. >:) Or Brownies. Or cinnamon rolls with pecan gooey and icing on top. AARRGGHH.... where'd I put that bean salad recipe?

Pip - you might have to get out the boot and keep me on track, lol.

Lanette
    Rainy and windy SW WA State

:::: strapping on the boot::::::;

Uh - oh, I better be good.... :#

Lanette
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1264441lnbyh51sg0.gif
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    My new shoes!!

I LOVE Hoka's. I am on my third pair (one pair is retired and I rotate the other two). I am getting a pair of their trail running shoes next for my trail runs (better lugs for trails) My favorites so far are their Bondi series.

You will do great in your race. Just don't "rabbit" out of the start keeping up with everyone. Set YOUR pace and run YOUR race. :)

Marcelyn
    getting ready for freezing weather in Houston