My words,Calm & Content
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,601 Member
    Options
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Our Christmas was a potluck in a rental hall SIL’s SIS was able to reserve.It’s free to home owners where she lives.
    Ppl from both sides of the family,about 26,worked great with plenty of space & table games for teens & adults.

ALLIE,So sorry to hear about your Dad’s health.Prayers to him & you.

Joyce....hoping you will be better soon.

Katla,how lovely to have a new Grson!

Heather,Bea is growing & a beauty.I Enjoy your Grkids pics.

Have a busy few days coming up. Marine Grson & his GF are coming for dinner Monday.

DH has Dr appt Tues & Wed,has a stent removed at hospital outpatient.

That will involve changing our insur info,pre op etc.They said count on 5 hrs to dismissed from out patient.
    I take hosp talk with a grain of salt......we’ll get home when we get here.

Thur,Grson leaves for SC & Fri ,Grdaughter flies in for 5 days.

Our only Grdaughter.Don’t get to see her enough.She & BF work & also love to travel,
    so are as busy as can be.

Pat in Oh

Calm & Content

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    <3<3:)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    :)Wendy, thank you for what you shared about Jack LaLanne. The "take-away" for me is that he put his health and fitness at the top of the list and then matched his actions to it. The point about motivation is also important. If we all waited for motivation, we'd never get anything accomplished.

:)Margaret, it was interesting to read your sleep routine right after reading about Jack LaLanne's routines. I have my own sleep routines that are different from yours but have enabled me to get satisfactory sleep almost every night. I have read a lot about having a set time to go to bed. Mine is earlier than yours but it is consistent and works for what time I have to get up.

:)Linda, It's good to hear from you again. I hope you make this thread a regular stopping place.

:) It's warmer and the snow is melting so it was easier to walk the dogs this morning. They walked a lot and when they were ready to go home, I walked awhile without them. There are still icy places on the roads and parking lots, so being careful is a must.

<3 Barbie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Paul Katemi's ASAP Workout DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Gilad's Body Sculpting DVD

We had our Wigilia last night. Denise is getting quite a bit of food to take home, there's things that I've determined will go other places or else she's getting. Between her and the soup kitchen, my refrigerator is pretty emptied out.

We're planning to go out to breakfast this morning. Vince wants to go to Waffle House. I'll just get 2 egg whites fried. Pete mentioned that he would like to get his cousin interested in bowling so I thought it might be good to take them bowling. Then we'll ask them where they'd like to go for dinner (we'll eat out). Depending on the time, we'd like to take them to Charlotte Motor Speedway to see the lights, mainly because I'd like to see them. And if we don't have time, hopefully we can do it tomorrow. I'm just hoping that because they came a day early, that won't mean that they'll leave a day early. Update: I also got bacon since it was so late, figured that would hold me over for lunch.

Penny - your Christmas sounds really nice.

Joyce - I know that it feels really good to get out of ICU. Hopefully, you'll be out of the hospital real soon. So glad there isn't any more bleeding. Did the bleeding cause the tingly sensation?

Gotta think of something to have pork related for New Years. You always have pork on New Years. Then I'll probably get more lettuce so we can have a salad. I'll start giving Vince some of the leftovers.

Don't know why I'm so tired right now.

Lanette - how many times I think how I probably treated my father the same way that my kids are treating me. Sometimes I think they're treating me worse than I treated my father. But now that he's gone, I think of him practically every day and realize how very much he loved me and sacrificed for me (that is, except marrying his second wife. But when he asked me the first time what I would think if he married her, I said "I wouldn't think much of it" and he didn't marry her. Guess at my young age, I knew.). I'm convinced that especially when I'm gone, they'll know how much they were loved. I don't know about Bryan, tho. I don't think I've ever heard of hemp milk. Where do you get it? I've started really liking almond milk

I've kept up with my exercising, even if some days it was for a shorter period of time. Like today the DVD was only something like 45 minutes long. Now for the hard part -- not snacking. Well, I gave away most of the food (or I'm ready to give it away, it's in a bag for Denise out of my sight), I know one type of cookie I can give to a lady who works at the Y (they're her favorite), Vince will eat the chocolate chip cookies, I'll give most of the snickerdoodles to the place where I do the extremepump. Desserts taken care of. Now for me to keep my paws out of it. Well, I think I might be able to do it since I'll constantly remind myself that the less I eat, the more they'll have. I'm someone who likes to give food away (as you know)

I have a feeling Denise and Pete plan to leave tomorrow. They put their Christmas gifts in the car. Well, this was the plan originally, then it was going to be delayed a day because of the dog

My MIL had one of those medic alert necklaces, but she refused to use it. I think she got it just to make Vince feel good. But she "didn't want to bother anyone". She wanted to be independent, even tho she really couldn't and shouldn't have lived alone.

Pete talked about bowling so we'll take him and Denise bowling. Denise asked if there was anything else to do, so I asked her what she'd like to do. No answer. Not sure where they want to go for dinner. I would go for Golden Corral since I don't have to eat a whole lot since I'm not really all that hungry.

Michele in NC

Why pork on New Year's Eve? I've never heard of that tradition .... and unless it it spicy pulled pork in a burrito -- ick.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Why pork on New Year's Eve? I've never heard of that tradition .... and unless it it spicy pulled pork in a burrito -- ick.

I always heard that this is a German oriented custom. Pork because pigs "root forward" when they eat, showing a desire to move on to the new in the New Year. Usually served with sauerkraut. This was something that my family did as my dad was quite German. My mom and her Swedish background didn't seem to bring any New Year's customs to the family, we had different holidays that we "did Swedish."

Around here it's black-eyed peas and rice. I don't serve it because nobody in my family likes black-eyed peas.

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Lazy day today as I feel kind of puny. Did laundry and read a book.
    Katla- my DDIL did the crown roast in a big covered pan. She did a rub on it the nigh before and cooked it as directed by a web site. she had never done one before nor had I. It was delicious.
    Good to hear from Penny and Linda.
    I have been working on my mind map for 2018 and am almost finished. 2018 word -Committed. Three areas: Mind- Body- Spirit. It s exciting to see it in a graphic form.
    Suebdew in TX.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,601 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.47min, 139mhr, 11.4amph. 1.4mi= 86c
    apple watch- 63c
    0 RUNNER- 50min, 147mhr, 125ahr, 46al, 13ah, 112ac, 8.48min mi, 5.78mi= 413c
    apple watch-431c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.53min, 14.5amph, 129mhr, 1.4mi= 55c
    apple watch- 46c
    RIDE BIKE PUY 2 SUMN STA- 17.12min, 142mhr, 10.6amph, 3mi= 153c
    apple watch- 113c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.31min, 134ahr, 150mhr, 10.24min mi, .5mi= 63c
    apple watch- 55c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.32min, 9.44min mi, .4mi = 60c
    apple watch- 83c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.43min, 7.9amph, 152mhr, 2.5mi= 209c
    apple watch- 152c

total cal 1039
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,365 Member
    Options

Went bowling then out to dinner at Pizza Hut. All they have are pizzas and a few salads. So I had the garden salad (no dressing, cheese or croutons), which is mostly iceburg lettuce. I'm just not crazy at all about Pizza Hut, but Denise likes it.

M - the reason you have pork on New Years is because a pig sticks his snout out as he's walking. You want to go forward into the new year. Never fowl? Why, you ask? When a chicken scratches, it scratches in a backward motion. You don't want to go back in the new year. You usually have something green for money.

Wendy - that Jack LaLanne info was very interesting. Lots of things I didn't know about him

Lanette - Denise and Pete, to my knowledge, are boarding the dog. I have a feeling they won't be able to get it tomorrow. I assume the kennel is open at least on a Saturday. Don't ask me why, but they rented a car to come down here. Really, it's good to sometimes give your car some exercise and not just drive it around town. But not my call. I like this miso soup that's low sodium but I can only get it at the health food store (the only one around -- unless I want to go to Charlotte) so I'll look for the hemp milk then. You're lucky you got your hubby to try your salad. Vince wouldn't do that much.

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janetr Brayden's letter to Santa warmed my heart. <3

Karen in Virginia
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Janetr Brayden's letter to Santa warmed my heart. <3

Karen in Virginia

Thanks, I know what you mean. Is that not sweet? His older brother, my oldest grandchild (24), is getting married in 2018.

Janetr OKC