WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Janetr You can "woo" me any time you want to. I know what you mean. LOL! xoxo

Karen in Virginia

Lol. Thanks, I think I must be OLD and naive :)

Janetr OKC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Janetr You can "woo" me any time you want to. I know what you mean. LOL! xoxo

Karen in Virginia

Lol. Thanks, I think I must be OLD and naive :)

Janetr OKC

:D:D:D NAH!!! I'll let you know when you're old. And this world could use a little more naive. xo

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,769 Member
    Options
    Well I am not getting much done, did have a conversation with Tom about Florida house and he thinks its worth 80-100.000 and I know even without the upgrades it is worth in the 120-130 range.. told him I would pay 1/2 to have the place evaluated so we get a correct number, I dont want to get jipped..and would rather pay 100.00 now and get what I need in the end...working noon -6 today and will stay here up until 11:45 and get them all outside before I go, and hopefully little puppy bladder can keep up.
    Lenora ~ I am so glad you are here and getting back to your old self... and know we will be here for you always
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,651 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Whew cannot believe it but have caught up with the posts ... for the moment. :p

Mixed bag'o'news at the DR today. Tried to tell DH all about it but he doesn't like to listen to medical stuff >:) Thank goodness I have y'all! o:)

:( Balance test v bad, tested today for neuropathy in feet and hands. Anyone have any experience?
    :) Cognitive test v good, v low risk for memory issues (if only he knew :s :> )
    :( B12 deficient, fortunately he gave the option of pills for 6 months instead of series of injections (whew)
    :) BP great... because it was taken by a nurse and not that cornsarned machine. I do NOT have to test at home. Packing up the monster until DH needs it again.
    :( They didn't do a lipid test so have to schedule another fast and poke. Will order another ultrasound on leg, continuing Xarelto, waiting for results before ordering compression socks.
    :) CAN have a massage, just not on that leg.
    :| Weight was exactly the same as in October
    :( need to start taking bone density meds and make sure daily calcium is at least 1000 mg.
    :) Dr is pleased with the twice weekly Tai Chi, weekly dancing, daily (mostly) <1500 Cals/CLO/yog or probiotic), time now to add aerobic exercise on the days I don't dance.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

janetr Con VERY grats on your personal best
    Sue in WA hope doing the Cantata filled you up, sounds like your DH's recovery will be quite challenging... for you ;} Love the unicorn!
    Kate Star Trek beaming up does NOT appeal to me... I'll be broken down to my component atoms soon enough ;) and would fear scrambling in transmission.
    KJ Cherry whiskey dark chocolate, thanks for the tips! Would much rather a flying car than a transporter beam.
    allie... ah that terrier prey impulse, YUCK! If it wasn't Alfie, which one brought you the gift?
    Rye 4 pant sizes? VERY well done! Thanks for the "never two days in a row" a handy mantra to add to our strategy stashes. Could Amazon be using drones to "drop" packages in your area?
    Joyce so glad Charlie "got the message" and was there for you. And that your kindess in not complaining about the waiter was repaid with a better experience. Blessings.
    Rori ditto putting the healthy snacks front and center. Sometimes just seeing a trigger food can set me off.
    Mary congrats on the new jobs! The mirror twins made me smile. what caption will you put on THAT Christmas card ? :)
    Beth ((hugs)) Spending 3 days in hospital takes a toll not to mention the after care for both DH and OS.
    hope someone can spell you a little, so you can rest and recuperate yourself a little.
    Machka "...have to do it afraid" the few times I have, the feeling of accomplishment was pretty heady. Chocolates and toothbrushes LOL!
    Martha, welcome back, so glad to see you again!
    Sharon I am so with you about the cilantro. I'd as lief eat Irish Spring. urk.
    Okie what are jalapeno popper devilled eggs? Sounds yummy!
    Margaret Brava both for your restraint toward the new soprano and for going for the descant. Brava!!!
    Barbie naps probably mess up my night sleeping too, but now that I'm retired and can take them at my natural down time (around 1pm) I really relish them.
    Wendy wow you are so creative! So sorry to hear about Daisy Duke. My DH has two "vintage" vans and there's always something... but he loves them and they make him happy, so we squeeze the budget that much harder. It would be great if your father could fly to the rescue... ;}
    Lanette just tried warming my robe on the wood stove, worked great! Now I'll steal one of DH's singleton socks and fill it with rice. Is brown ok or does it have to be white? Prayers for all affected by the train derailment.
    Pip ooh the ballet shoes ornament! When I was a very little girl my parents gave me ballet lessons to try to improve my coordination (alas to no avail). When the shoe salesman asked me which color I wanted, black or white, I very determinedly pointed to the toe shoes hanging on the wall and stated definitively "Pink!" ;)
    Michele con Very grats on leaving the wii's overweight category, AND for continually extending your plank. Inspiring!
    NYKaren thanks for sharing the NYC at Christmas pics, hope DD feels all better soon!
    Carol thanks for the Lenora update. Hope her recovery is swift and sure. Rats, leaking water heater, ugh indeed!
    Becca Sending positive thoughts to your OS, DH and your goodself. Sure your son is grateful for your encouraging reminder and support. Love the weird tribe, that's where we all fit in ;) Love your 62 mile suggestion to Rye!
    Yvonne "sooner than we anticipated" :'( ((hugs))
    Felicia, sorry for the 30+ year loss of your sister, harder on you than her recent death. Great pic of you and your mom. Safe travels.
    Meg glad you'll be with friends' house for Christmas. Hoping the New Year brings continued strength and peace to you.
    Lenora <3 so good to hear from you and glad you're at home. Thankful for your BFF, your DH and Cracker, angels right at hand. You are so right about tears. :'( ((hugs))
    Rye Gratitude? From a cat??? :D:D You DID say you were cat people... ;)
    Kim "I really only like the kind of drama you buy a ticket for not the family kind." Got that RIGHT!

Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

cute story
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    t09166.gif
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the pics. I am in awe that y'all can read so many posts then respond to individuals, I am finding it challenging...I have memory issues and get confused when trying to mental multi-task, lol.

I am bi-polar, and I think some of my meds make it harder to mentally keep more than one ball in the air at a time.

The sharing and caring on this thread is inspirational....I just love seeing all the love.

Happy holidays to all and sending good thoughts and prayers to all.

Janice in gloomy, cloudy Kansas

Hi, Janice. I used to live in central Kansas. We moved to Oregon in July 2016. I was born and raised here, but left in July 1983. It is amazing to be back.

Felicia
    Thankful to be in the Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,651 Member
    Options
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Machka - I have a spi belt. It works okay but bounces a bit if I load it too heavy. I also have a flip belt which doesn’t budge but it sits snug so I sweat on it lol. The sliver stretches quite a bit so it holds most phones. It is not waterproof.

I did get my gait checked but have just over the years kept track of brands/models I like and those I hate. The only real difference in shoes is the heel to toe drop (zero to 15mm. So running flat footed or having more heel left) and if you probate (roll your foot) in which case they can recommend stiffer /support shoes. I track mileage on all my shoes. When my run is logged I note which shoes I was wearing. At 400 miles they get delegated to gardening.

I track with my Garmin watch but I still carry my drafted phone.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,375 Member
    Options
    Did Shapes Ultimate Bikini Body DVD. I swear, I think I have this DVD but for the life of me I can't find it. I hate to say it, but I guess Vince is right, I probably should make up a spreadsheet of the DVD's that I have so I don't order one that I have. This is about the second or third time I've ordered something I already had. the plan for tomorrow is to do a Prevention with Chris Freitag DVD.

Speaking of DVD's that I have, while looking for the Shape DVD, I realized that I have two copies of Strong Body Ageless Body DVD. If anyone would like it, I downloaded it so I'd be willing to just give it to someone. It didn't cost me anything, so I sure wouldn't charge anyone anything.

Allie - good for you being skeptical of what Tom says and wanting verification. He'll try to get anything he could by you

Went to the board meeting, then went to one store for bread (got it for 99 cents a loaf, I was hoping they'd have the rye bread in), then went to WalMart since Vince wanted to get more rope lights which were quite inexpensive, then stopped at Food Lion to get sweet potatoes, now home. Got things out of the freezer for christmas Eve dinner so it can defrost, got dinner ready, now here and will soon make some hot tea for myself and try to catch up on what I've DVR'd so that there is room for what needs to be recorded while everyone is here.

Lenora - thanks so much for checking in. You take as much time as you need to get back to "normal". I was talking to this lady at AC Moore who had a service dog and asked her where she got the dog. she told me that she'd taken a class online and got her dog certified as a service dog. Perhaps you can look into that so that you can take Cracker into the store with you. In talking to Louis on the phone, I could tell that he really loves you. Wish I could say to you as well as Joyce could since that's what's in my heart (among other things). There have been times when Jessica has cut her cat's nails too short and they would bleed. I remember one time she put a piece of white bread on it. Another time she used flour (I think it was, I'll have to confirm with her) on it. I'll let you know exactly what it is that she used. There is no way in h*** the guys would have gone on their trip with you in the hospital. No way! Glad checking MFP is a hard-to-break habit.

Rye - are you saying that (the numbers are just an example) that if you can use 5 pounds, you are wondering if you should use no weight in the right hand and maybe 3 pounds in the left and when you work up to 5 pounds in the left, then resume using 5 pounds on the right? Assuming that's what you meant, I would continue to use the 5 pounds on the right. If you use no weight, it'll be that much harder for you to get back to the 5 pounds and you will lose muscle. I would use 5 pounds in the right hand and 3 in the left. Eventually, you'll build up to 5 in the left and 5 in the right. Now, remember, these numbers are just examples.

Barbara - that sure is a mixed bag of results.

Lisa - thanks for your thoughts for me about Bryan. I'm starting to get used to it.....sort of. I don't think I'll ever get used to it totally. But "that's life". So sorry about your knees

You mean to tell me that "woo" WASN'T like "woo hoo". Not that I used those "reactions" very much at all.

Becca - so happy to hear about Nuke son, that he wasn't kicked out

Vicki - what is a cross tree?

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Vicki So good to hear from you and know you are doing ok. Miss you <3

Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Shapes Ultimate Bikini Body DVD. I swear, I think I have this DVD but for the life of me I can't find it. I hate to say it, but I guess Vince is right, I probably should make up a spreadsheet of the DVD's that I have so I don't order one that I have. This is about the second or third time I've ordered something I already had. the plan for tomorrow is to do a Prevention with Chris Freitag DVD.

Speaking of DVD's that I have, while looking for the Shape DVD, I realized that I have two copies of Strong Body Ageless Body DVD. If anyone would like it, I downloaded it so I'd be willing to just give it to someone. It didn't cost me anything, so I sure wouldn't charge anyone anything.

Allie - good for you being skeptical of what Tom says and wanting verification. He'll try to get anything he could by you

Went to the board meeting, then went to one store for bread (got it for 99 cents a loaf, I was hoping they'd have the rye bread in), then went to WalMart since Vince wanted to get more rope lights which were quite inexpensive, then stopped at Food Lion to get sweet potatoes, now home. Got things out of the freezer for christmas Eve dinner so it can defrost, got dinner ready, now here and will soon make some hot tea for myself and try to catch up on what I've DVR'd so that there is room for what needs to be recorded while everyone is here.

Lenora - thanks so much for checking in. You take as much time as you need to get back to "normal". I was talking to this lady at AC Moore who had a service dog and asked her where she got the dog. she told me that she'd taken a class online and got her dog certified as a service dog. Perhaps you can look into that so that you can take Cracker into the store with you. In talking to Louis on the phone, I could tell that he really loves you. Wish I could say to you as well as Joyce could since that's what's in my heart (among other things). There have been times when Jessica has cut her cat's nails too short and they would bleed. I remember one time she put a piece of white bread on it. Another time she used flour (I think it was, I'll have to confirm with her) on it. I'll let you know exactly what it is that she used. There is no way in h*** the guys would have gone on their trip with you in the hospital. No way! Glad checking MFP is a hard-to-break habit.

Rye - are you saying that (the numbers are just an example) that if you can use 5 pounds, you are wondering if you should use no weight in the right hand and maybe 3 pounds in the left and when you work up to 5 pounds in the left, then resume using 5 pounds on the right? Assuming that's what you meant, I would continue to use the 5 pounds on the right. If you use no weight, it'll be that much harder for you to get back to the 5 pounds and you will lose muscle. I would use 5 pounds in the right hand and 3 in the left. Eventually, you'll build up to 5 in the left and 5 in the right. Now, remember, these numbers are just examples.

Barbara - that sure is a mixed bag of results.

Lisa - thanks for your thoughts for me about Bryan. I'm starting to get used to it.....sort of. I don't think I'll ever get used to it totally. But "that's life". So sorry about your knees

You mean to tell me that "woo" WASN'T like "woo hoo". Not that I used those "reactions" very much at all.

Becca - so happy to hear about Nuke son, that he wasn't kicked out

Vicki - what is a cross tree?

Michele in NC

Oh Nuke son is here at the house being lazy, and getting spoiled! Haha. Its my eldest Navy son that's 27 and has 10 years in the Navy that is restricted.
    Becca
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,080 Member
    Options
    :heart: