• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Hugs))) for NYKAREN & Heather

Karen in Virginia
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    FOUND the nut mill, hooray! Now if I could just find the doggoned marble slab :o:/:#:s:'(
    Kelly, in our house "pigs in a blanket" were sausage links wrapped in pancakes, dang that makes me hungry
    NYKaren how wise you are o:) to spend time with your family and memories instead of allowing the work drama intrude. Good healing to strenghthen you for the next workday.
    Rye agree y'all should be standard English (2nd person plural?) not you guys or (shudder) youse... >:)
    Barbie thanks for showing how to insert pics, I'd forgotten. :p

Just skimming, time to eat breakfast and get dressed, DH is taking the dogs and me to the beach!
    <3<3 Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, it's a WOO day for me, in the good sense of Wahoo, Lol. I am up early and drinking a turmeric cocoa, coffee, coconut, soy milk drink before quickly feeding animals then heading in to meet my tramping group. Tongariro Crossing here I come!

Terry, I also insert things by first right clicking on them, then saving them onto my desktop where I can find them quickly, then clicking the picture icon, choose file, and type in name of my desktop jpeg. Seems to work pretty well most times. I haven't figured out how to do little moving action figures like Barbara does...Gotta dash, it's actually raining here this morning which we desperately need as my ground is cracked and parched from lack of water. <3 Wendy
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Volunteering at the senior luncheon today as one of the servers. Walking, getting lifting, cleaning! It is definitely a nice exercise! All frosty out so husband will drive me. I have issues when it comes to driving. Being that I got my first license at 51 years old, there are things I won't do.
    - drive at night in unknown places
    - drive in frosty, icy or snowy conditions.
    So husband and I drove all heck and gone trying to get home from the airport last Sunday! Washington has NO signs whatsoever for Oregonians driving into Washington on when to take an exit to Longview. But when we backtracked and was heading back, there was all sorts of info on where to turn, what number exit! That is frustrating! We have had that happen when we were trying to find the exit to whidbey as well. We had to turn around and there were all sorts of signs saying Whidbey island, and Anacordes.

Well breakfast now.
    Hugs to all that need one, and two shoulders to rest on. Love ya ladies!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. It's going to be a "wintery mix" today into tomorrow. I hope it's not too bad, I have to do my grocery shopping tomorrow since I was too lazy to go yesterday.

Well I am flummoxed about DD#1. She keeps saying she doesn't have the money to buy Christmas gifts for the kids, but the BFIL says they did get gifts. So I offered her some money. She said no. She is bound and determined to be angry about her sister borrowing money and not paying it back, although she owes this sister about $1000 from several years ago. I told her that since we sold 2 of our properties, we had already decided to give some money to both girls. This was something my parents did...when they sold some big item, they gave my brother and me some money. She still refuses it. I asked her what she would have done with it if I just had given it to her on Christmas day and now, of course, she won't answer. I think she enjoys being angry, probably because she doesn't know how to feel anything else.

So anyway, I'm doing ok, just trying to relax and not get caught up in the holiday crazies. I found a place that does floatation therapy and I'm going to try that next week. I'm pretty excited about it. I won't close the lid on the "pod" though...to scary! :)

OK I'm off. Take care Meg from wintery (in theory) Omaha.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Aaah Meg, sorry about the stress you're going thru..... Maybe daughter is thinking she would be obligated to you in some way, and she doesn't wish to. By not accepting your money gift, she has freed herself from that. Money and family can be like oil and water friend. Maybe money gifting to her means she has failed somehow in budgeting etc. Just giving you possibilities of the why. Not that any one of these is the why though! You have a gracious heart friend!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    Heather- Sorry to hear of your mother's cousin. It is kind of bittersweet to see the last of a "generation" pass. Sorry also to hear of your friend's illness. Hope she gets some peace and relief. Hugs to you!
    Wendy-turmeric, cocoa, coffee, coconut milk???!!! Sounds delish!
    Rey- DD has gotten used to the Texas y'all. She didn't think she would, but yesterday she said it's a very comfortable expression. ??
    Barbie- Okay, you teaser! Are you kidding? That wonderful story about your name and ....nothing. Come on...give! What is your middle name??
    Machka - Whoa! Those are busy days! At least my work comes to me!
    Heather- I am going to tell DH about the English version of pigs in a blanket! Sausage wrapped in bacon?! He will be in Hog Heaven!!
    Michele- I have often thought of having adult daycare! But only if we can have drinks, too! ;)

ttfn KJ (Kelly)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    And now my bestest cancer friend has been taken into hospital with fluid on the lung. I hope they can fix her up for Christmas at home. I'm sure this is her last one. :'( She texted me from her hospital bed. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Oh, Heather, I am so so sorry to hear this news. Sending good thots and prayers that she can be home for Christmas.

Janetr OKC
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    5qlhkwzhal4g.jpg

It's almost 11:30 here, and while I took this picture about three hours ago, it still looks like this outside. It is crazy foggy out there.

Felicia, in cold, foggy Willamette Valley
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    (((Heather)))
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Yeah! It worked.