WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Meg, sometimes people thrive on being angry. I always ask myself “whose problem is it?” The answer is usually “not mine!”
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    m7br5luxhaws.jpg

This is the USCG Cutter Campbell from which I got my middle name.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :) I got curious about where Barbara got her cute moving smileys so I found the site by clicking on "quote" under her post and that gave me the name of the site. Now I know what it is and where to find it so I can find smileys when I need them.

desismileys_1982.gif
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I think I finally have all my Christmas shopping done. My last Amazon box today ans went to the bank and got the money for cash gifts

I know how you all felt about the end of the generation. When my Mother in law died we rosa.ized that we were now the old ones for all the nieces and nephews and kids. No grandparents or aunts and uncles left. We are the oldest. I do have an older sister but she gets so spacey sometimes it is getting difficult for people to deal with get. Vader thing about it is when I talk to her about it she just says something like men never understand or sons thing line that.

Pip, I have totally enjoyed your tour of your Chrstimas tree.

Joyce, indiana
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Regarding posting pictures ..... the ones that aren't ours ...

If you save them onto your computer and post them from there, the appropriate attribution does not necessarily follow them, and you could, potentially, be in violation of copyright laws. MFP could also, potentially, be in violation of copyright laws. Some photos use watermarks, which helps.

Instead of saving them onto your computer, simply do this ...

Find your image.
    Right click on it.
    If you are using Windows 10, it's really easy ... select "Copy Image Address"
    If you are using Windows 7, select Properties, then where it says: Address (URL), copy all of that making sure you have the type at the end (.jpg or .png or .gif or whatever)

Now come back to MFP.
    Select the icon above the message that looks like a little landscape mountain range with a sun.
    Paste into the pink/beige box, where the cursor is flashing.
    Into your message, you will get something that looks like:

(square bracket)img(square bracket) with the address you just copied in this spot and then the closing tag for img ... (square bracket)/img(square bracket)

And voila, your picture will appear!

Now, if you click quote on this message, you will see the whole image address for the picture below. You will see that it comes from cdn.doublequotes.net. You will see the size the picture is and that it is a jpg. If you copied the whole thing from the http all the way to the .jpg and put that into google, you'd be able to find that exact image. You'd also be able to post it in Facebook or elsewhere. And that address meets the copyright requirements, at this point ... you've indicated where you got it.

what-we-hope-ever-to-do-with-ease-we-must-learn-first-to-do-with-diligence-403x403-nk7bkt.jpg

Machka in Oz
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Wow, so sore and achy! Being on my feet dashing here and there for four hours is nuts! We served about 81 people today. Napping now.
    Becca
  • Machka9
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- I haven't figured out a way to carry my phone on walks/runs since they started making phones bigger. My little flip phone fit perfectly into the small zip pocket in the back of my yoga pants. As far as keys go; I tie my house key into the laces on my running shoes (not where it ties, but into the lacing). I have tried the arm band and a lanyard style holder, but I seem to have some sort of sensory thing. I need everything, even my hair, to be pulled in tight and not swinging. I just wish the athletic apparel designers would redesign clothes/pockets to fit the "standard" device of the day.

I'm like that with cycling. I can't have my hair touching my ears when I cycle ... and if you have seen photos of me with my hair unfurled, I've got waist or hip length hair! So it is a little bit of a process fixing it in such a way that it does not touch my ears.

I looked at the arm bands, but I've got twigs for arms. I've tried to use arm bands for a radio back in the day when cycling, and they just slide down and become really annoying. In the cycling world, we wear arm warmers on cool days which are basically sleeves that go from the wrist to upper arm. I get the smallest size I can possibly wear over my forearms, and they are usually still too big at the top and don't stay up. So I can't imagine I'm going to be comfortable with my phone in an arm band.

However, I did wear the waistband I got, the Fit Active one, and it seems to be all right. I think it will take a little fussing yet to get it just right, but it didn't annoy me too much. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited December 2017
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka - Whoa! Those are busy days! At least my work comes to me!

And it gets worse when I'm in university too!

Speaking of which, I go back on January 8th ... but it will be an intensive 2-week course, and I won't be working. I thought about trying to squeeze work in there too, but no. I think the stress level would just be too much.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    B)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes. Unfortunately, I had a bad day today ... that is to be 'expected' ... but NOT at all fun. The highlight of my day was the 'long HOT shower'. A month of lukewarm (more luke than warm) showers daily will make you appreciate 'hot' water and our water is 'hot'.

I could get on my computer yesterday, today, I forgot all my passwords, and could not find the book where I keep them. Finally, just 'changed' a couple of them. What is worse is that Office Outlook 2013 has been updated to Microsoft Edge. OMG, I did NOT ever think that Microsoft could put out a program that is worse than VISTA. My technicians say they have been hearing that for a month. Once the update is done, it can't be undone. Gee, I wish I had known that ... but, apparently it was going to update no matter what. Takes about 4 extra steps to get to what I want to do. I had to write that down.

Spent about 3 hours trying to balance checkbooks ... still can't get one of them balanced. I'll be working on one and one of the statements will just disappear. Been writing a list of things I want to accomplish during the day. Ig I don't get to the items, I just put it on the next day.

Serenity Prayer - OMGoodness ... I wish I could actually 'do it'. Was told to take each day, "Ten seconds at a Time." I finally realized that doing this with 'safety goggles' on was better than trying to do it with 'binoculars'. You can see more. THINK!!!!! Got home and found the T.H.I.N.K. (sort of an acronym) that I had been sent. You can't 'think' with your eyes open ... so what do you see when you are thinking? LOL!!!!!

Lenora
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Just lost my post so going to just say “goodnight”.

Terry in VT snug in bed and reaching for my book. Favorite part of the day.
  • Machka9
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Terry in VT snug in bed and reaching for my book. Favorite part of the day.

I do that on Friday and Saturday nights for about 20 or 30 minutes ... until I'm too tired to understand what I'm reading. :)

M in Oz

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn - great tissue idea

My girlfriend in Switzerland sent me a gift. Swiss Colony -- I'm not crazy about their things. I tried to send something to her, but SC doesn't ship out of the country. They ship from Switzerland to the US but not the US to Switzerland. Everyone else I found that will ship there was wayyyyy expensive.

Went to Belk's to return a pair of pants I got after picking up this insulated container from the pharmacy. I thought I'd beat the "return" rush at Belk's, but the girl said that it had already started. Then went to AC Moore to get some yarn and a crochet needle, then had a dentist appt. I thought if I got there early maybe they'd take me early but no go. Got home, got dinner ready, ate, now here then I'll watch a little TV

Heather - so sorry about your mother's cousin. Oh, no, now your friend ((((HUGS))))

Had to run to WalMart, forgot that I needed haddock for the fish chowder but I'm going to substitute cod since I only know of one place where I can get haddock. Made these little "flags" for the different types of fish we'll be having

Those cookies in the freezer are calling my name. I'm going to try to keep myself busy here and then watching TV while having an apple (that I've already budgeted for)

Michele in NC