• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Why yes it did work. Cool!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Felicia - I am a water baby and my husband isn't. I just do the scuba thing with one of the staff and swim and snorkel A LOT. The "pool boy" at the hotel in Egypt told him, "You haven't got a wife. You've got a fish! " :bigsmile: He likes walking, I don't. We just do our own thing. Meet up for lunch and dinner. We both like sightseeing the historical sites, thank goodness. :D
    I put my foot down about him driving around Mexico because I hate navigating. We hired drivers/guides, which was brilliant. I don't want to work on holiday. One of our drivers became a friend and we learnt so much from him about the country.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx

My friend has got to spend a third night in hospital. They have given her a nebuliser. ;)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Sharon, that nude floating, sounds interesting! I would most likely fall asleep, snore loudly, the sound echoing in the pod scaring me to death!!! Haha!
    Becca
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Wendy. You are amazing!!! When I look at your picture high on the mountain, I see such happiness, and powerful muscles. So great!!
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, well I thought the woo was short for lol, as the face did seem to be laughing, so sincerest apologies if I offended anyone! I do wish they would put a laughter choice as sometimes the post is funny! Oh well, can't have everything I guess.
    Wendy AWESOME job on your hike!
    Becca, happy to hear your son is only being disciplined and not discharged. Also happy that you found out before Christmas, wouldn't have been fun to have that hanging over the festivities. But wasn't he supposed to come home also? That part sucks. You'll just have to gush over nuke son more!! lol
    Heather, thinking of you, thinking of your friend. Hoping she is able to do things on her terms.
    So many more to say congrats to, and send hugs to, just got caught up with the majority of posts yesterday. Tried to post photos from my tablet, but the picture option doesn't show up on it, just on my computer, which means transferring photos from tablet, so will have to wait. Too much to do between now and Christmas! Can't believe it's only a few days away!
    Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah and a joyous whatever you celebrate this time of year! Although I've only been involved in this group for a short time, you have all become an important part of my life and I am truly looking forward to spending 2018 with all of you!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Y’know Wendy I think you’re right! (and BTW, way to go! Congrats on your hike, wow it was eventful!). Animals, including the human kind, seem to have an instinct for where they are welcome. Even a neighbors pet rabbit, which got out chose our backyard to romp around in. It helps that we don’t have dogs, at least half of our neighbors have dogs.

But there is definitely something more than that! I am sure the hikers in your neck of the woods instinctually feel the same welcoming presence.

Rye
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
    My DH definitely does not "get" my feelings about my ancestors and their stories. Thanks to those of you who do. :love:

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Wendy ... Wow!

Rye ... I love sitting near my tree as well ... and photos just don't "see" the way my eye does ... at least not my photos!

Heather ... thank you for the snippet of your memoir ... I'll be looking forward to its publishing!

It's rain/sleet/snow outside ... not a very pretty day ...

Beth
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Beth, praying for your dad and mom. Big ((( hugs))).

Katla wonderful news on you new grandson. Hope your doggy continues to improve.

Janetr OKC