WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Becca love the Whale lol..
    I am in bed with 3 dogs staring at me for treats.. they have already had some,
    Tomorrow hair cut and getting stuff done here and at my place.the dogs are trying to walk all over the laptop lol
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Lenora - my daughter said that she uses cornstarch on the cat's paw if it bleeds because she cut the nail too short. She says that you can also put flour on the wound. She's also used a piece of bread. What it is, is the starches in the cornstarch/flour/bread are what helps the blood to clot.

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    Machka Thanks for posting that info about "Woo" meaning. I, too, was taken aback when I received a "Woo" on this thread. Then I figured out the "wooers" meant no harm. "Woo" is widely used in the MFP forums, as you already mentioned, to refer to bu11s#it, i.e., to practices or ideas not backed by evidence-based research. It is definitely not complimentary...except on this thread...we are SUCH nice women, LOL! That's why I stick with this thread, I can post my opinion and not be ripped apart.

If you look at the emoticon next to the Woo, you will see that it is a skeptical or maybe a surprised face, not a positive one. I think it would be better if they used this face for the "woo" reaction: m0786.gif

<3<3<3

Karen in VIrginia

They just changed the Woo face (icon) from something that was moderately happy to the sceptical face ... to help clarify the situation.

So ... Insightful is the eye, Inspiring is a smilie, Like is the thumbs up, Woo is the sceptical face, and Hug is the heart.

janetr7476 wrote: »
    Well, I must apologize, I definitely had the wrong conception of the the "woo" option. I totally was using it for "awesome" which has been taken away. So I will now refrain from clicking any of the buttons but I hope you know I think you all are awesome.

Janetr OKC

You don't have to refrain from clicking the buttons!!

I use Insightful, Inspiring, and Like quite frequently.

I never used Woo in any of the Women's 50+ threads ... but did use it to add my vote to the others who were saying that the poster was expressing erroneous and potentially harmful ideas in other threads.

And Hug ... I rather doubt I'll use that. I'm not a hugger. It would have been nice if they had kept Awesome or maybe changed it to "Well Done!" instead.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »
    Machka - I have a spi belt. It works okay but bounces a bit if I load it too heavy. I also have a flip belt which doesn’t budge but it sits snug so I sweat on it lol. The sliver stretches quite a bit so it holds most phones. It is not waterproof.

I did get my gait checked but have just over the years kept track of brands/models I like and those I hate. The only real difference in shoes is the heel to toe drop (zero to 15mm. So running flat footed or having more heel left) and if you probate (roll your foot) in which case they can recommend stiffer /support shoes. I track mileage on all my shoes. When my run is logged I note which shoes I was wearing. At 400 miles they get delegated to gardening.

I track with my Garmin watch but I still carry my drafted phone.

I might have to look up "flip belts" ... although the sweating thing might be a negative. I've noticed that when I come in from my runs everything I'm wearing is absolutely soaked.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I'm trying to think whether or not I need to get anything else for Christmas or if I can just go for a long walk to the Botanical Gardens at lunch today.

M in Oz
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    I’ve got to start paying more attention! I had no idea there was even a “woo” button much less that it meant BS. I thought Daisy Duke was a horse, but then there was talk of head gaskets!

I am excited about the “hugs” button. Thanks for the links, Machka. One thread, in particular, was quite entertaining.

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Lenora, hearing from you makes me feel like I got an early Christmas present. Take care of yourself and welcome back. You were missed. ((Hugs))

Becca, glad to hear your son wasn’t discharged. Some lessons are hard to learn.

Allie, post more pics of the pup. I think I’ve only seen one. I can just picture you snuggling in bed with the furry friends.

Felicia, mourn your sister your way. Even if you weren’t close it is still a loss. Maybe not for what it was but what it could have been. ((Hugs))

Well got my hair cut today which felt good. This evening I made a bracelet for DD with left over jump rings from the bracelet order I finished. Just wanted one more gift for her. She has asked for money towards a passport which doesn’t give her anything to open so got a few things for her to have under the tree.

I’ll drop off the bracelet Saturday to the woman who ordered it. Yeah money I can put towards gifts. My wrist felt just fine working on the jewelry which I have missed doing. I always get myself something for Christmas so am going to make a bracelet for myself in a new weave I just found the pattern for. I think DH is giving me the book with the pattern in it for Christmas. If I don’t get it for Christmas I’ll order it myself. I love trying new patterns.

Here is a picture of the bracelet I made for my DD.

Well off to bed and book.

Terry in cold VT

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 14.05min, 135mhr, 9.1amph. 2.1mi= 114c
    apple watch- 96c
    TREADMILL jog- 29.06min, 139ahr, 140mhr, 6.3-7.0sp, 156mhr, 5k= 309c
    apple watch- 317c
    floor exerc- 8.41min, 3 sets of 10ea, squats, squats w/jump, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl single leg touches, 144mhr- 86c
    apple watch- 69c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.46min, 12.6amph, 132mhr, 1.4mi= 78c
    apple watch- 50c
    RIDE BIKE PUY 2 SUMN STA- 16.10min, 145mhr, 11.3amph, 3mi= 155c
    apple watch- 133c
    walk sta 2 wk-8.58min, 120mhr, 3.5ap, .5mi= 50c
    apple watch- 45c
    walk/slow jog wk 2 sta- 7min set, 149mhr, .4mi = 67c
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.22min, 8amph, 149mhr, 2.5mi= 187c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 1048
  • HandiCrafter
    HandiCrafter Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Today, I made the gym and walked for 2.5 miles on the treadmill. I have alot of wrapping to do tonight.
    OkieWoman510 The jalapeno deviled eggs sound yummy. May have to make them.
    AuntieBK It is good to see you again. Your results were a mixed bag, but I know you & you will be working to improve them.
    GodMomKim Love the rhyming Chrstmas letter.
    Becca So glad that your elder son has recieved only a disciplinary action for his transgression. This must be a great relief for you and your husband.

I think I had better start my gift wrapping. Hope everyone has a wonderful, warm, safe evening.

Martha from Eastern Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Have been wracking my brain as how to put 100 $1 bills in a box or in some kind of fun way without spending a y money doing it.

Joyce, Indiana

I gave my granddaughter money and she had so much fun with it. I took a square tissue box and emptied it (saved the tissues). Then I used freezer tape and taped the dollar bills end to end and rolled them in a loose roll. I taped a Kleenex to the last one and tucked them all in the box with the tissue out. I hen she unwrapped it she thought I gave her a box of tissues. I told her she had to blow her nose so she pulled the tissue and the bills started unrolling. It was fun as they just kept coming. You can use scotch tape but it doesn’t come off as cleanly as freezer tape. You could also staple them.

• Machka9
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I'm trying to think whether or not I need to get anything else for Christmas or if I can just go for a long walk to the Botanical Gardens at lunch today.

M in Oz

Instead ... I walked 4.8 km back and forth and all over town until I finally decided on a Fly Active Waistpocket to hold my stuff when I run.

https://flyactive.com.au/products/waistpocket

I debated about a small handheld water bottle in a pouch but decided that it would just annoy me, so I'm still wondering what to do about water.

Tomorrow I need to get food ... stuff to make a pav, a trifle, and whatever else I want to make.

M in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Marcelynh - that idea for wrapping up bills is great!!!