Less alcohol-December 2017-one day at a time

Options

Replies

• Ashers783
    Ashers783 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Do you guys usually count alcohol within your calorie allowance for day? I guess what I mean is, do you leave space for it?
  • Gardunor16
    Gardunor16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a good idea. I would like to cut down too. I don't drink one a day, but I don't even want to drink one a week unless it is a special function. Just one glass of wine or beer messes me up. I try to stay away from soda too, but if I drink alcohol then I want a soda also. It is a no win for me when it comes to alcohol.
  • slimbyjune18
    slimbyjune18 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Ashers783 wrote: »
    Do you guys usually count alcohol within your calorie allowance for day? I guess what I mean is, do you leave space for it?

Yes I do.
  • Ashers783
    Ashers783 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Yes I do.

And do you still lose weight?
  • slimbyjune18
    slimbyjune18 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Yes I do.

And do you still lose weight?

Yes I do. I run a lot though as well. I had gained back, due to eating too much, avoiding the scales and not logging. My first week back & I’ve lost 4lb. I already feel better.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I did okay at the game Monday night. I drank enough that I felt a little slow moving the next morning, but definitely not as much as I normally would have. Part of my slow moving morning may have also just been that I was tired. We were very late getting home. No alcohol last night.

I also am kind of a boredom drinker, I guess. I usually open a bottle of wine when I am cooking and then I have another glass with dinner. If I can stop there then I am good, but my husband usually will have a cocktail after dinner. Like @FattieBabs , certain meals just call for wine for me, which is why I really don't want to give it up altogether. I just need to practice control.
  • jeffmp29
    jeffmp29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No drinks tonight!!! I’m gonna need help. Keep it up guys!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. I love having wine at the end of the day, but usually one glass turns to two. I would like to lose about 6 pounds and I know just keeping wine in check will help keep the pounds off this month!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options

I stuck to 2 White wine spritzers and found myself drinking the second one watching tv....I talked myself into having it because I was thinking I would sleep better. I really could have gone without it? Anyone else have thoughts on this? I think I need to find something else to help me relax?

One thing you can do is set a limit on when to stop drinking. I try and stop by 7 so it doesn’t disrupt sleep. Meditating using an app like Headspace is great for relaxing. I also love to read.
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ok today is going to be my day 1! At least I’m going to try.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Isn't really that hard anymore to go without anymore. Why can't lemonade give me a buzz lol
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 3 months without the booze. I did 6 months last year and I made massive changes. Granted, I am/was a heavy binge drinker. The calories in the booze is bad but the way I ate following a bender was terrible. My question would be if you can cut down a lot why not just eliminate alcohol completely?

I agree. I would like to eliminate totally. It's just not good for me or my body.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    jeffmp29 wrote: »
    No drinks tonight!!! I’m gonna need help. Keep it up guys!

Make sure you plan ahead. What will you do if you want to pour one? Go for a walk or have a substitute beverage. Best wishes for a good night!
  • WenWheel
    WenWheel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    jessweiss2 wrote: »
    Following / joining. I'm usually able to keep to my calories even with a few drinks. But I feel like I should be cutting back. Goal: 2 drinks a day. No more than 3.

That's what I'm trying for now. Once I have mastered that I'd like to drop the drink count lower.
  • Angelasquatch
    Angelasquatch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Not only are the calories in alcohol a killer, I totally make bad food choices when I drink. Was drinking 3-4 vodka Seltzer's a night. None for the last 3
  • lesleyoates1
    lesleyoates1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow, I actually stumbled across this group and I am so grateful I did. How can I join?
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Wow, I actually stumbled across this group and I am so grateful I did. How can I join?
    Just hold yourself accountable and post in this thread.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I'm doing well this week so far:
    Dec 1- drank way too much with friends
    Dec. 2 - nothing
    Dec. 3- nothing
    Dec. 4- one glass of wine
    Dec. 5- nothing
    Dec. 6- one delicious old fashioned

I've also recognized it matters who I go out with; I love all my friends, however, some are big drinkers, and i get caught up in the fun. So for now, I'll decline some invitations or change the venue from a bar to the coffee shop. Just reflecting :)
  • judyhughes752
    judyhughes752 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd like to jump in. I started Keto and have really reduced my alcohol consumption. I was a daily drinker. I had 2 vodka drinks on Dec 1 and nothing since. My goal is 2 drinks a week and only on the weekend.