Less alcohol-December 2017-one day at a time

Options

Replies

• Cleosweetie
    Cleosweetie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add and thanks for starting this board, @JulieAL1969!

My situation/philosophy with alcohol is that I like wine, but it just kills me to have to log 200+ calories when I drink it. I'd rather have food!

Basically, alcohol can be fun but let's face it, it's a vice and is a lot of empty calories.

I'm almost at maintenance (50 lbs lost, kept it off for a year, just can't get/keep these last 5 lbs off), so I've started looking for ways to get to the finish line. Really watching my wine is one of the microchanges I've made.

Good luck to everyone on this board with the challenge! :)
  • Cleosweetie
    Cleosweetie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @crazykatlady820: congrats on 58 days! That is wonderful. :)
  • thepositivethread
    Options
    Cutting alcohol is THE most important change you can make for you body, mind and long-term health. My clients who cut alcohol get amazing results. When you add in nutrition, you become unstoppable! www.thepositivethread.com
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Well, not great yesterday, but stayed under calorie limit.

I needed a couple of you here to help me savor that bottle of Old Vine Zinfandel!

Back on track today, no alcohol.
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 58 of being sober. I'm not a person who can ever drink in moderation (We're talking one glass of wine leads to two bottles.), so I'm just done with drinking completely. And I'm okay with that.

Some days are harder than others, but the health benefits are so worthwhile! I've lost almost 23 pounds, I have tons of energy (no more hangovers), no more binge eating, a lot less mood swings, and I'm spending less (not just on booze, but no more drunk online shopping!). I wish I were like you guys and could drink in moderation, but I'll just have to live with not drinking. (I feel kind of vulnerable admitting to all of this, but it is the truth.)

I am very proud of you to take the step you needed to and to admit it. I felt vulnerable also just admitting to my drinking problem. I am down to one to two drinks/day, but need to work on not having any, or just one a day. I even added diet gingerale and lime to my wine, with ice, to assist me, which is working. I know I gained my weight because of drinking a bottle or more each day. So so bad....Keep strong! I am rooting for you!! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of wine spritzer....I was tempted to have more....but didn't and so so glad.
  • julie3461
    julie3461 Posts: 65 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Goal 5 beers on Saturday and 5 on Sunday. Had a 6 pack of Henry's hard sparkling on Saturday. I was still under on calories because I planned! So I did well. Had a 4 pack of Barefoot Bubbly on Sunday. About 150 carbs. 0 beers on Friday!!
  • julie3461
    Options
    jeffmp29 wrote: »
    What kind of tee’s do y’all drink?
    herbal teas. Tazo had yummy fruit flavored teas. I usually do the fruit/herbal teas over ice. I also mix black and green tea. Ive never added sugar to tea; it just seems weird to me.
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I did horribly this past week. Back on track. I was under my calories tho so thats my silver lining.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Doing good here
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    I believe the easiest way to succeed with this choice is to schedule awards for yourself like wine/dinner or beer/pizza or whatever alcohol you enjoy on particular/specific dates and challenge yourself to earn them. I also noticed that I tend to like it less and don't over consume like I use to when I done it more often.
  • julie3461
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Shouldn't limiting alcohol be getting easier? The first 2 weeks (business days only) for me were pretty much cake. It is week 3 and it is only Tuesday, and I want one. I did lower my calories a little this week, so that could be why.