Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Options

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    There are many Christmas decorations that I could do without, including a very large fake tree that takes a lot of room in the garage and in the hallway when it is up. My husband is more of a Christmas person than me and he is in charge of setting the tree. Something that we haven't done since 2019 (I wonder why :/ ....). I am trying to convince him to get a smaller one and donate the old one, but so far no luck.
    I may do an inventory of Christmas decorations after the holidays and decide what to keep and what to give away. I don't think that he will notice if something is missing.
  • GoblinQueen999
    GoblinQueen999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I honestly prefer Unf*ck Your Habitat to Flylady. The lady who wrote UFYH is much more understanding of the issues that come with chronic physical or mental illness, and of the paralysis of STUFF EVERYWHERE. Flylady felt very cutesy and a little overly religious to me. I'm sure that works for some people, but it doesn't fit comfortably for me.

Since I had Covid my house got out of control. There were piles of stuff everywhere just building up. I couldn't keep up with dishes and laundry. It was like that for ages because I was just too tired, overwhelmed and didn't even know where to start. I had read all the decluttering/tidying bits and pieces, Marie Kondo, FlyLady etc etc, it made no difference.

When I read your post I decided to check out UFYH. The sheer understanding of being unwell, tired and overwhelmed was definitely a first.3 weeks later my house is in pretty good shape. No more piles, dishes and laundry are all dealt with, a car load went to the dump/recycling/charity shop/clothesbank/foodbank. I also got rid of all the knick knacks people kept giving me from their own clearouts or dead relatives and from now on there will be a firm 'no, not taking those things'.

I'm extremely grateful to you for mentioning UFYH as I hadn't even heard of it before. It has definitely improved my life, improved my house and I think it'll keep me good from now on!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,162 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I am off of work this week until Saturday. So, I'm going to try and declutter/purge/organize papers (recycle, and trash what I can't recycle). Stacks of papers, sadly, that have accumulated over several months to possibly include years.

I've said it fifty times before and I'll say it again; but, I need to do this on a daily or even weekly basis and not a yearly one. It would not seem so overwhelming if I did...

I was thinking about something else when I read your post again--It would be so nice if a few friends got together and did a sort of "decluttering and organizing circle," in each other's homes. You take turns helping each other out, crying, laughing, sharing the load, sharing memories, grieving, etc. until each of the friend's homes is done, and there is no more chaos, mess, clutter, etc. to overwhelm the friends! You have a potluck in each home at the end of the job for each friend! Good food, and some nice wine...

I would love to be able to do that, but I currently don't have a group of friends that I know well enough within a reasonable drive to pull this off.

To those people that do have a close group that are nearby (or sisters, Moms/daughters, etc.), I think it would be a great help and bonding experience.

What a great idea~~ And what a wonderful way to spend time together and help each other. I love. this idea!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!